Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is coming for 2011?

Go down 
+30
Olafsto
rawr!
Lurideath
adrian
Jag Panzer
Zdan
kmorg
stormspell
DallasBlack
Troublezone
mc666
shamgar75
chewie
Stender
Joe
thejokeriv
Wargod
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
labrekk
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
James B.
Dave the Boss
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
exact33
mez
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Zdan wrote:
New Sanctuary is coming!

I hope Dane tries to do some "Refuge Denied" style vocals - that would be awesome!

Yeah, that should be interesting.

He absolutely has to do some high vocals on here and the guitars need to be in standard tuning or else it will be way too similar to NEVERMORE.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
New Sanctuary is coming!

I hope Dane tries to do some "Refuge Denied" style vocals - that would be awesome!

He absolutely has to do some high vocals on here and the guitars need to be in standard tuning or else it will be way too similar to NEVERMORE.

Well, since the latest Nevermore sounded more like Warrel's solo effort, anything besides a copy of that style is a move in the right direction Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
New Sanctuary is coming!

Totally true. I think they should aim more at the "Into The Mirror Black" style of sound while maintaining some high vocals - that would be the best course of action at least according to those ears.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Zdan wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
New Sanctuary is coming!

Totally true. I think they should aim more at the "Into The Mirror Black" style of sound while maintaining some high vocals - that would be the best course of action at least according to those ears.

Yeah. Gotta keep it true to the spirit of SANCTUARY and distinctly different from NEVERMORE or else why be in two bands that sound the same?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
New Sanctuary is coming!

Yeah. Gotta keep it true to the spirit of SANCTUARY and distinctly different from NEVERMORE or else why be in two bands that sound the same?

I totally agree with this sentiment. I hope they really move away from the groove of Nevermore and more into the classic dark power/thrash of "Into The Mirror Black".
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:59 am

New sanctuary!!!

Hell Yeah! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:34 am

Sorry for the blant self-promotion, but I figure it's relevant to this thread.

There is a new Jag Panzer album coming out in 2011. Feb Europe, March U.S.

A teaster trail with some sound clips is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRXwsJ1Ezxo

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am

Jag Panzer wrote:

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer

Sweet! That will be one of the few albums I will go out of my way to get.

I hope 2011 also sees the release of the Symphony X album that was supposed to be released earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 am

Jag Panzer wrote:

Mark Briody
Jag Panzer

Totally awesome. Totally. Now the only thing that should happen is a remastered reissue of all the old recordings.
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:46 am

Zdan wrote:
Now the only thing that should happen is a remastered reissue of all the old recordings.

We actually have a verbal agreement from everyone involved to finally reissue Ample, the Tyrants e.p. and any other older material (demos, etc).

I haven't announced anything officially because nothing is signed yet. It's looking good though.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 am

Jag Panzer wrote:
Zdan wrote:
Now the only thing that should happen is a remastered reissue of all the old recordings.

We actually have a verbal agreement from everyone involved to finally reissue Ample, the Tyrants e.p. and any other older material (demos, etc).

I haven't announced anything officially because nothing is signed yet. It's looking good though.

HOLY HELL!!!! This is amazing. Would you do it in a 2CD edition kind of stuff and have original covers?
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Definetly the original art and packaging!

I have no idea what will actually get released, but if it's up to me I want this -

1. Deluxe box set containing everything from the early years. Complete Ample, Tyrants + demo tracks, bonus tracks, etc. Tons of early photos, show posters, etc.

2. Ample cd reissue - original art and packaging with bonus tracks

3. Tyrants ep reissue - original art and packaging with demo tracks.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:
Definetly the original art and packaging!

I have no idea what will actually get released, but if it's up to me I want this -

1. Deluxe box set containing everything from the early years. Complete Ample, Tyrants + demo tracks, bonus tracks, etc. Tons of early photos, show posters, etc.

2. Ample cd reissue - original art and packaging with bonus tracks

3. Tyrants ep reissue - original art and packaging with demo tracks.

Yes! OH MY GOD YES! Go for the boxset and ideally include a t-shirt with the old design if you can. I would buy it like NOW. It's great this is actually happening for once. When I interviewed you a big while back on KIT you said you would love for this to happen Wink
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm

I like the idea of a t-shirt in the boxset!

We're actually doing Ample and Tyrants shirts. I finally got the art rights to do those. We're doing both album cover shirts and a reprint of the original '83 Ample shirts (red logo, white album title on black shirt).
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:
I like the idea of a t-shirt in the boxset!

We're actually doing Ample and Tyrants shirts. I finally got the art rights to do those. We're doing both album cover shirts and a reprint of the original '83 Ample shirts (red logo, white album title on black shirt).

Great! I'll go and ask the deal-breaker question - when would this happen (meaning the reissue)? 2011 is real? To note - I still have the original Metalcore records CD copy in mint condition. Wonder how much would that go for or would it help the reissue in any way Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 pm

This is one of my most anticipated releases. Here's hoping it makes you metal gods.
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I won't consider the reissues until the press coverage / release is complete for the new album. We put a ton of time and effort into the new album and we're all very pleased with it. So I want that album to get the attention it deserves before I put my time into the reissues.

Then it's a matter of finding a label to release this. This won't be an issue as some labels have expressed interest (We're signed with SPV for our new music only. I have no idea if they are interested in Ample).

After we sign a deal with the older material, it's then totally up to the label to set the release date.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:
I won't consider the reissues until the press coverage / release is complete for the new album. We put a ton of time and effort into the new album and we're all very pleased with it. So I want that album to get the attention it deserves before I put my time into the reissues.

Then it's a matter of finding a label to release this. This won't be an issue as some labels have expressed interest (We're signed with SPV for our new music only. I have no idea if they are interested in Ample).

After we sign a deal with the older material, it's then totally up to the label to set the release date.

This is the great approach. I totally concur. Wait for the new album and then go straight forward into reissues.

But if you can - go for a label with good distribution. It would be idiotic for it to get released and then get sold out ASAP. To me - it should be readily available.
Back to top Go down
Jag Panzer
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm

I agree, good distribution is a must.

Especially since the original Tyrants and Ample were U.S. releases only. I couldn't give away Ample back then. I contacted every European label I could think of at the time (Neat, Music for Nations, etc) and offered them Ample. They all passed.

I think this was due to much of the original press for Ample was sort of average. I remember the Metal Forces review being an '8' or '8.5' in an issue packed with albums receiving a 9+. Metal Forces was arguably the most dominant metal mag back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Jag Panzer wrote:
I agree, good distribution is a must.

Especially since the original Tyrants and Ample were U.S. releases only. I couldn't give away Ample back then. I contacted every European label I could think of at the time (Neat, Music for Nations, etc) and offered them Ample. They all passed.

I think this was due to much of the original press for Ample was sort of average. I remember the Metal Forces review being an '8' or '8.5' in an issue packed with albums receiving a 9+. Metal Forces was arguably the most dominant metal mag back in the day.

That is funny because Ample is probably the most wanted reissue in classic metal today - next to Griffin "Flight Of The Griffin" or that Legend "From The Fjords" record. I would think that a reissue of Ample is a simple product to sell. The album is legendary and there is great need for it. Any company should jump on this. Century Media, Nuclear Blast, anything.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:56 am

Also looking forward to Core Device-What I've Become
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
stormspell wrote:

CAULDRON BORN

Is this confirmed? I know Howie has mentioned this. I assume this will be released on his own label ... ?

Not confirmed, but I know they are working on an EP to be released on vinyl with an awesome and quite respected singer. I'm sure Howie will be announcing all details when possible.

He told me some of the juicy details too so I know who this is. Smile I'm very excited to hear this. I need to drop him a line, it's been a long time since I've talked to him. CAULDRON BORN are one of the absolute best metal bands ever!

Last I heard the guy who did the vocals on And Rome Shall Fall would return, but things might've changed.

Good news about the Ample Destruction rerelease!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Some I'm looking forward to are :

Alder's Appetite (higher hopes for this one)
Artillery
Laaz Rockit
Onslaught
Primordial
Toxic Holocaust

Would love a album from Crimson Glory & Whitesnake
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:19 pm

When I talked to Jon from CG he said they are working on a new album for next year. Saw them live recently ... they were amazing! The new singer is excellent. Make sure you go see them if you have a chance.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
When I talked to Jon from CG he said they are working on a new album for next year. Saw them live recently ... they were amazing! The new singer is excellent. Make sure you go see them if you have a chance.

That's great. Wonder if they still have that problem with Metal Mind. They should just recognize the reissues and get over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is coming for 2011?   What is coming for 2011? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is coming for 2011?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next