Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sour Skittles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 am

So does anyone else find their recent ad campaign little....odd or disturbing.?

The first commercial I saw was where the guy has a hole in his ceiling which is leaking in skittles....the handyman fixes it by mounting handles on either side of the hole and having a midget hang there and eat the skittles as they leak....

The second features the warbling opera singing rabbit that the dude trades for skittles...just weird.

But the crowner is the newst one wih the old man sitting there all hooked up to a milking machine eating sour skittles and the guy comes and tells him there are complaints that the milk is sour, he neds to lay off the sour candy...um....WTF!?!?!? Old man milk!!?!?! Disgusting...

Just wanted to vent on these a little....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 am

I haven't seen the first two but I've seen the one with the old guy hooked up to a milking machine a few times. VERY disturbing. I keep wondering "This is supposed to SELL the product? Anyone who sees these Skittles in a store is going to go "Ewww, sour man milk!"

The one with the singing rabbit sounds like it could be a parody of the classic Looney Tunes cartoon, "One Froggy Evening," with the singing frog (directed by the late great Chuck Jones)... I'll have to watch for that one.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:22 am

The gist of the bunny one is this kid trades the skittles for a singing bunny...but the bunny NEVER stops with the horrid warbling opera..and after a few hours...days he goes back to the other guy to trade back...a stands in the rain watching the guy eating the skittles, while holding the singing rabbit...which bites him and jumps from his arms and flees, singing, into the woods...so he ends up with nothing....

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:32 pm

Yes I find those disturbing and weird also. Especially the Old Man Milk one. Also has anyone seen those Sprite commercials where they have those "sublymonal"(as they spell it) messages in it. Those are quite odd too.
Back to top Go down

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:53 pm

It's got you guys talkin' about them....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:16 am

commercials are when you get up to piss or grab a snack. i try not to watch them.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Yeah, the old man one is really WEIRD! I feel the need to go take a shower after I see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sour Skittles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sour Skittles   Sour Skittles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sour Skittles
Page 1 of 1