Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?

Go down 
+8
SideShowDisaSter
martinsane
corplhicks
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Empty
PostSubject: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:45 pm

So this is terrible:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm kind of glad they are doing a solid song but boy, I hated that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 pm

They at least had the smarts to pick a great band and song.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 7:33 pm

I saw this a couple of days ago on Blabbermouth. I thought about starting a thread on it, but then I decided not to, due to the fact that I didn't really think much of it. I give Stone Sour credit for actually picking this tune, but give me the original...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 7:49 pm

It's garbage! I don't give them any credit for picking a great band and great song because they ruined it. Even I could manage that lol!

The film looks terrible too.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 7:57 pm

It's odd but not horrible. Not interesting either. Of course I'm one of three guys here that enjoy Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:24 pm

I didn't mind it, but then that's the only "Stonesour" song I know. Smile They sound, vocals aside, like fairly competent musicians and the drummer was doing a fair job too.

That said MC is one of my top 3 bands ever and no one could/can sing like the Reverend.

RIP RDW
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 pm

Wow, that was pretty bad. I'd wager most fans of theirs wouldn't even know that was a cover without reading about it beforehand.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:08 am

I love Stone Sour, but wasn't much impressed with this cover.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 am

I put Stone Sour's Come What(Ever) May on my Amazon wish list in 2006. Don't remember why. I listened to all the singles from that album just now thinking I heard something I liked on the radio back then, and still don't know why, LOL. None of them sound familiar at all. Glad I never bought the CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:33 am

If I wasn't labeled as such, I don't know that I would have recognized it as a Metal Church cover. Weird choice for them to pick and they certainly did it no favors. Blech.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Blah, not to my liking. The vocals are what kill it for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 pm

There was a time when these things were left separate, and for very good reasons.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Hey, Painkiller's back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Well, they cover Maiden better than they did with Metal Church...

This is from an upcoming ep of cover tunes if anyone is interested.

PostSubject: Re: Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?   Stone Sour Covering Metal Church? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Sour Covering Metal Church?
Page 1 of 1