Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ignitor news!

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:42 pm

Texas metalers Ignitor have ink a deal with Cruz Del Sur Records to produce and release their latest cd called "Roll The Bones".
you can check out songs from the cd here: http://www.myspace.com/ignitor

Wargod48

NP: Fueled By Fire - Spread The Fire
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 am

These guys sound great. Might have to check them out.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:49 am

I have to get this CD when it's available. Keep us informed.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:01 am

Ult.....you can get their first cd entitled "Take To The Sky" from their website here: http://www.ignitor.org/2007/

Wargod48

NP: Excalibur - One Strange Night
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:02 am

Good band! Congrats to them on the new record deal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 pm

I just got a promo of the new Ignitor ROAD OF BONES to review for Detritus 'zine.

Will post my thoughts when I've had time to spin it!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:22 pm

I got this one through lala a while back. It's killer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I got this one through lala a while back. It's killer!

I've only listened to about half of it so far but me likee what me hear... very Maiden/Priest/Dio influenced stuff. This one's a keeper. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Definitely a keeper. I didn't realize it was a female singer until I got the CD. I listened to the streams on their website one day and it sort of sounded like a dude...that I guess kind of sounds like a woman. Haha. Very solid CD, though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Definitely a keeper. I didn't realize it was a female singer until I got the CD. I listened to the streams on their website one day and it sort of sounded like a dude...that I guess kind of sounds like a woman. Haha. Very solid CD, though.

I knew the singer was a woman cuz Metal Maniacs reviewed one of their demos a couple of years back. I checked out their website based on that review, I believe I downloaded an MP3 of a pretty decent cover of Priest's "Electric Eye" from there.

Then of course, that Mp3 wound up on one of my dozens of random MP3 compilation discs and I completely forgot about them till the CD arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:36 pm

Just saw this Ignitor news bit on Blabbermouth... did I miss something? When did the singer & guitarist quit?

IGNITOR Auditioning Singers, Rhythm Guitarists - Dec. 16,

Texas-based heavy metallers IGNITOR have issued the
following update:
"IGNITOR is auditioning singers and rhythm guitarists.
Male or female. You will learn at least two of the songs on our MySpace page on
your own (we'll send lyrics or mp3s as needed.) If you've got what we need,
then bring it! If you live outside the Austin area, then consider moving here.
Whoever — wherever you are, we need you. We will tour in the northeast U.S. and
Europe in 2008 to support [the band's recently released full-length album]
'Road of Bones'."

Last edited by on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:38 pm

definately one of the less interesting bands coming out from texas...
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:40 pm

syrus wrote:
This band is killer, you mallcore turd!

just kidding
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
syrus wrote:
This band is killer, you mallcore turd!

sure, they kill my insomnia everytime i suffer from....

just kidding
Back to top Go down

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey, get the hell out of my quote!
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just saw this Ignitor news bit on Blabbermouth... did I miss something? When did the singer & guitarist quit?

IGNITOR Auditioning Singers, Rhythm Guitarists - Dec. 16,

Texas-based heavy metallers IGNITOR have issued the
following update:
"IGNITOR is auditioning singers and rhythm guitarists.
Male or female. You will learn at least two of the songs on our MySpace page on
your own (we'll send lyrics or mp3s as needed.) If you've got what we need,
then bring it! If you live outside the Austin area, then consider moving here.
Whoever — wherever you are, we need you. We will tour in the northeast U.S. and
Europe in 2008 to support [the band's recently released full-length album]
'Road of Bones'."

I found this in their MySpace blog:

WE ARE AUDITIONING SINGERS AND RHYTHM GUITARISTS
Current mood: Ignitor news! Sad bummed
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Big news in the Ignitor encampment. We are now auditioning singers and guitarists.

Erika quit the band in September citing personal and job-related issues affecting her health that needed to be addressed, and was ultimately just unhappy being in this band. There were no problems or significant disagreements between us – this was entirely Erika's choice and the band did everything to accommodate her malaise during the months leading up to this, even suspending all band activity for 2 months this past summer. We were predictably shocked at her announcement, particularly since it came only six days after the official release of "Road of Bones." Many thanks to Erika for her peerless writing and vocal skills as well as her indispensable work that brought us to the international stage. We wish her well with her future endeavors.

But Ignitor survives.

We immediately began searching to replace Erika and opted not to announce her departure to our fans until we found one. This turned out to be a tough task given the level of talent we need to fill her shoes. We need a bigger talent pool to draw from than can be mustered simply by word-of-mouth or vague postings limited to our local area.

Now comes news this week that Annah has decided to take a lucrative job with a company located in Phoenix, Arizona, and so she has also quit the band. Annah has been concentrating on her career a lot lately and we're genuinely happy for her. Annah joined the band in April 2006. We are grateful for her stepping up to the plate and making this album with us, and sticking with us through the rough months since then. We'll really miss her and wish her all the best with her new life.

So we are auditioning singers and guitarists. Male or female. If you've got what we need, then bring it! If you live outside the Austin area, then consider moving here. Whoever – wherever you are, we need you. We will tour in the northeast US and Europe in 2008 to support "Road of Bones."

DO: be into METAL

DO: be well-prepared; we don't audition covers and aren't interested in hearing your original stuff yet

DO: have reliable transportation

DO: be employed or financially independent; guitarists: pro-gear, owned free and clear

DO: expect to practice twice a week and gig at least twice a month when not on tour

DO: expect to do short regional and international tours at least twice a year

Send us an e-mail; at ignitor_band@hotmail.com or shoot one to us on myspace if you are who we're looking for.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm

I found this on Erika's Myspace Blog:

We all want things we enjoy to be forever. We don't want things to change. Change means forever is going away.

I battled with my desire to leave the band for over a year. I was unhappy with how things were going in March 06 and was ready to depart at that time. Bev's firing breathed new life and promise into the band, and for a while, I felt like we were on track again. Up until September 06 things were moving with promise, and that's when I broke my hip and sidelined myself for 5 months.

During that time, a lot of incredibly unpleasant and frightening things happened to me, both physical and mental. I realized just how short life could really be, and that one needs to do what one wants NOW and remedy unpleasant situations as fast as possible. The concept of forever was left shattered on that sidewalk where I broke my hip.

When I returned to practicing regularly, it wasn't the same. I had a terrible time doing the vocals to the point where I broke down crying during a couple practices. My body did not want to do that vocal style any more. Eventually, I stabilized, but it still wasn't the same. And on this new, short, NOW timeline, I found my desires in conflict with those of my band mates. They approached things more casually than me, which caused me great frustration. It wasn't wrong, it was just different. I tried to step back, take a more laid back approach, but I couldn't bury my impatience. I'm an ultra-type A personality. I couldn't do it all, couldn't wrangle all the bits and pieces, because I simply didn't have the energy, money or the time.

I realized I wasn't enjoying it. I wasn't having any fun. I was getting up on stage and going through the motions and feeling sad that people in the audience thought it was so great and I didn't think so. I felt like a hypocrite, talking to people at gigs and pretending to be excited. That's not right - the fans deserve better.

As the release of "Road of Bones" neared, I knew I was in trouble. I was the voice and face of the band, and I wanted out. How in the world could I answer interviews about Ignitor's future when I had no intention of being part of it? How incredibly dishonest that would be, to everyone involved. I hold myself to much higher standards. And so... after many sleepless nights, deep dread and miserable mental discussions with myself, I told the guys I was quitting.

It was, without a doubt, the most unpleasant and difficult thing I'd ever done. I was terrified they'd yell, which would then mean I'd cry, and there would be drama and chaos. There was none - they took it quietly, but I could see the anger and upset in their faces and eyes. But... despite all that, after I'd spewed out the words "I gotta tell you guys something... I have to quit," I felt resolved and secure in my decision. It was the right thing to do for me as a human being.

I found it tremendously unfortunate when I learned of Annah's decision to leave the band earlier this week. It was a shock, and my first thought was, "Oh no, now what are they going to do?" I'm glad to see they're pressing onward and auditioning guitarists and vocalists. I really do wish them the best of luck, and I know Annah does the same. And I'm sorry it had to end. It was fun. We did some great things, met some totally awesome people, had some adventures, and made two smurfing kick ass CDs.

And the good thing is "Take to the Sky" and "Road of Bones" won't ever change. Music is forever.

At least we can count on that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:21 pm

Erika's quitting the band because she broke a hip??

How old is she, 83?? scratch

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Apparently Ignitor has a new album coming out soon called THE SPIDER QUEEN... and the new vocalist is none other than Jason McMaster of WatchTower/Dangerous Toys/Broken Teeth fame!!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Apparently Ignitor has a new album coming out soon called THE SPIDER QUEEN... and the new vocalist is none other than Jason McMaster of WatchTower/Dangerous Toys/Broken Teeth fame!!

I just found out about this. I am a big J. McMaster fan. I'll have to get this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ignitor news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ignitor news!   Ignitor news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ignitor news!
Page 1 of 1