Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Again Looking for a micro component system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Again Looking for a micro component system Empty
PostSubject: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Last Year I wanted to get a micro component system or a stereo to my room, but didn't have the money in the end. I am going to try to buy it this year, to replace my lp/cd combo.

I am whiling to listen and even wait another year for an upgrade to come if possible. I am also open to make my own micro component, it may be even better idea but a little more expensive

I have made a little re-search on the internet. and this time I am looking at micro components

The first option is this new Yamaha micro component MCR-040system with plenty of new features and an ipod dock. Just I haven't check the sound quality, and It may not be that great for $266 the lowest

yamaha mrc - 040

The Other one Is a Onkyo cd reciever with A Bose AM-3 Series speakers. It costs $360 on bjs plus taxes, around $400 in the end. I am not familiar with Onkyo, plus the cd receiver is very symple, no Ipod dock or something fancy like displaying the song names on the system

BOSE Virtually Invisible Speaker System and Onkyo CD Receiver

And the last option so far is to combine the Bose AM-3 Series speakers with the yamaha cd recived CRX-330BL Maybe these 2 together would be a perfect fit. That is why I am asking here, because I don't know. It may end up costing around $400 if I wait for it to go down for holiday sales

Acoustimass 3 Series IV speaker system $200

Yamaha CRX-330BL $245
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 pm

I have always thought the speakers were the place to spend the $$$ on a system. I am still using my old Technics components from way back in the day. I had a custom speaker cabinet made and they still sound great.

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 am

exact33 wrote:
I have always thought the speakers were the place to spend the $$$ on a system. I am still using my old Technics components from way back in the day. I had a custom speaker cabinet made and they still sound great.
yeah, thats what I want to focus this time. I never had a good stereo
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: What if I want to buy a stereo system? how should I start?   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:02 pm

If I WOULD WANT TO MAKE A STEREO SYSTEM how much would it cost? Where would I start? If I was going to spend on a stereo system The max including the cd receiver and speakers would be $500. Is it worth to jump into a stereo system.

What company should I buy the cd receiver from? yamaha? sonny?

What are company makes good speakers ?

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:53 pm

powermacho wrote:
If I WOULD WANT TO MAKE A STEREO SYSTEM how much would it cost? Where would I start? If I was going to spend on a stereo system The max including the cd receiver and speakers would be $500. Is it worth to jump into a stereo system.

What company should I buy the cd receiver from? yamaha? sonny?

What are company makes good speakers ?

Yamaha make decent equipment, so does Oknyo. I have A Dennon home theater system and love it!!!!!!!! Check Amazon for deals - you can find better deals on Amazon.

As far as speakers, I am not a fan of Bose at all!!!! Sound is way too processed and not natural. Personally, I prefer Klipsch speakers - I think they sound crisp and amazing.

When I finish my basement, I will add a Stereo system - go ol' 2 speakers for the turntable and CD player. Onyko has a decent receiver which I would pair with some Klipsch speakers and be good to go!!!!

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks bro, I am listening to your advices, and I want to follow up your opinion.

So If I want to get a STEREO RECEIVER, CD PLAYER, and some speakers. Which ones would you guys recomend, some good models you guys have, or want to recomend

I was reading that is way cheaper to buy the component cd player and stereo receiver separate. Because I was looking on the net, and the combos are very expensive.

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I think I am going to buy a yamaha R-S700. This is one of the best stereo so far that convince me, and I can get it for $320. It usually costs $550, and if I get it for $320 it would be cheaper than other decent audio receivers

Now, what cd player should be a good pick, less than $200. I only need it to play one cd at the time. I don't like 5 cd changers. I am clueless on finding one cd player

And I think I can deal with 2 speakers and probably a subwoofer. what is recommended? I know nothing about speakers
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks guys for the advices to try a component system instead.

I was about to buy the yamaha receiver, and my stepfather told me that his uncle gave him recentry a stereo receiver and a cd player from the 90's, and he tried before and didn't work.

So yesterday We, try it and it works fine, the cd player is old, so when I press EJECT, it didn't work, so I opened and kind of fixed.

The wires on the 4 speakers didn't work so I pealed off the old wires, and are working fine, somethines a noise starts to come, and it's because the wires need replacement. It's like a static problem, but I peel the wires again, and the problem comes back. So I need to buy new cables for the speakers, that what I think would fix the solution

So all I need to spend on the system is cables for the speakers. I read on the internet that 9 or higher gauge cables are good for 100watts

Again Looking for a micro component system 74253_166086520081056_100000391271719_390085_315166_n
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 pm

powermacho wrote:
Thanks guys for the advices to try a component system instead.

I was about to buy the yamaha receiver, and my stepfather told me that his uncle gave him recentry a stereo receiver and a cd player from the 90's, and he tried before and didn't work.

So yesterday We, try it and it works fine, the cd player is old, so when I press EJECT, it didn't work, so I opened and kind of fixed.

The wires on the 4 speakers didn't work so I pealed off the old wires, and are working fine, somethines a noise starts to come, and it's because the wires need replacement. It's like a static problem, but I peel the wires again, and the problem comes back. So I need to buy new cables for the speakers, that what I think would fix the solution

So all I need to spend on the system is cables for the speakers. I read on the internet that 9 or higher gauge cables are good for 100watts

Again Looking for a micro component system 74253_166086520081056_100000391271719_390085_315166_n

Cool - spend the money you where going to spend on good speakers. Check out Klipsch
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah I'll probably do change the speakers, since 2 of them don't work property, they only give bass sound. Plus the cd player doesn't eject the cd's, so I have to pull it out manually,lol. Plus the stereo only lets me use 4 ab speakers no subwoofer, it doesn't spread the sound like a+b. I'll end up changing everything, but that will go little by little, after I move. Now there is no rush. In the meanwhile I am learning to use these things, and can upgrade one thing every year if I can
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 11:20 am

How did it go? Did you get it working properly or move on to a different system?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Again Looking for a micro component system   Again Looking for a micro component system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Again Looking for a micro component system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: