Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns

Go down 
+11
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
manny
exact33
Temple of Blood
powermacho
ryanmetalman
Alex Dee Rokket
DeathCult
A Handful of Wayne
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Empty
PostSubject: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 am

Not sure how this is going to be but I'll be getting it. Don't know why they are really doing this though. Why not just finish up a new album.

MANOWAR is in process of re-recording its classic 1982 debut album, "Battle Hymns", for a 2011 release.

Commented MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio: "We've had a couple of people ask why re-record a record like 'Battle Hymns' when it's perfect... I didn't say it's perfect, but other people said it's perfect, and we thank you for that. We're not trying to make it better, because it is what it is, but there's a lot of technology now that we didn't have when we made the record and we're gonna take advantage of it to make it as loud as we possibly can. So it won't be better; it'll just be different. And the songs themselves deserve to be recorded again because they're great songs and the fans have actually requested a lot of this to happen. And also, Donnie Hamzik, our original drummer, is back in the band, and he wanted to have another go at it. We're all together and we're gonna have a smurfing great time."

Video footage of DeMaio talking about the decision to re-record "Battle Hymns" and laying down bass tracks in the studio can be viewed below.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 am

Interesting, but I sense possible disaster in this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:24 am

From that video you can already tell that its going to be a tad bit slower from the original.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 am

Not keen on this at all. I think a classic should be left alone - true, the technology lacked at the time but it's all part of the charm.

I honestly believe DeMaio & Co have run out of fresh ideas. They know a new album is probably going to tank so the only thing left to do is re-record classics, squeeze out more money out of their fans.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:38 am

Well, if there is a demand for it, why not? I'll get it.

Whitecross did the same with their self-titled debut. While the newer lacks Scott's impassioned vocals, the production is 100 times better, and I actually prefer it.

Exodus did "Let There Be Blood." I was not a fan at the time of the original, so it lacks the nostalgia factor for me, but I am undecided over "Bonded by Blood," or "Let There Be Blood."

I think it will be fun to see and hear a re-make of the original by Manowar. Though I can certainly see why some would say, "Why the rehash?"

From an artistic standpoint I can totally identify with the artist. There has been stuff I've drawn in the past that I would like to redraw now, just because I would like to do a few things different, and apply my modern knowledge and skill to 'em. So if Manowar wants to re-record some of their back-catalog, more power to 'em. I hope they have fun and it does well for 'em.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 am

This is my favorite album from MANOWAR, and one of my all top favorite albums. In fact I was about to tattoo the album cover when I got out of high school, but I didn't have the money for it. Now I am way to cheap for q tattoo, I could buy hundred of cd's for one tattoo, hell no. LOL

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:35 am

You can't improve on perfection.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 am

I never bother with re-recordings so I won't touch this one. I say if it ain't broke,don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 am

The real question is will they augment the new recording with the over the top orchestral arrangements...

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:04 am

I hate this trend of artist re-recording their music, I don't see the point, if you want to re-record your old material, rent out a venue, do a concert, roll the tape and release as a live album.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Quote :
I honestly believe DeMaio & Co have run out of fresh ideas. They know a new album is probably going to tank so the only thing left to do is re-record classics, squeeze out more money out of their fans.

I have to agree with this. There are a few albums which I think need to be redone but this isn't one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm

manny wrote:
I hate this trend of artist re-recording their music, I don't see the point, if you want to re-record your old material, rent out a venue, do a concert, roll the tape and release as a live album.

I would agree most of the time. There are some re-records that I have enjoyed.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

I would agree most of the time. There are some re-records that I have enjoyed.

I have to, IMO but for the most part they add nothing new and it is an artistic dead end.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
The real question is will they augment the new recording with the over the top orchestral arrangements...

That would just be awful. I would hope they don't try that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 pm

I wonder if they will break out the loin clothes and johnson's baby oil for that "happy" look
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 am

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I wouldnt put it past them. They will probably charge $29 for this cd as well...

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
You can't improve on perfection.

This. The fact that bothers me the most is that Karl Logan will be playing Ross' solos...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
The fact that bothers me the most is that Karl Logan will be playing Ross' solos...

YES. He'll ruin it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Is this a way to cut Ross out of money?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I wouldnt put it past them. They will probably charge $29 for this cd as well...
Imagine them adding stories into their songs, like they have done lately Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns 288219
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 pm

powermacho wrote:
exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Imagine them adding stories into their songs, like they have done lately Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns 288219

They will do each song in the 17 different languages like that single. I dont think I have Battle Hymns in swahili yet...

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You can't improve on ADOLESCENT STUPIDITY in fur boots.

fixed
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
You can't improve on ADOLESCENT STUPIDITY in fur boots.

fixed

hah! I do enjoy fighting the world and Kings of metal. I think they went off the operatic and symphonic cliff after Warriors though...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

I have to agree with this. There are a few albums which I think need to be redone but this isn't one.

I'm in agreement with that statement as well. Smells like a turd in the making. Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns 288219

Quote :

Could be a little of that in there too. Rumor is that's why KISS rerecorded some of the classics released with Sonic Boom. "Memo to Ace and Peter: Suck It."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Nah, there isn't much money to be made with Manowar anyway... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns   Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar Rerecording Battle Hymns
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next