Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone into Gin Blossoms?

Go down 
+8
Addy
Troublezone
325ad
jstate
MetalRob331
manny
exact33
tohostudios
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:34 am

Kind of a guilty pleasure, have the greatest hits as my wife likes it and I confess it grabs me and it's pretty good pop. Anyone go beyond the radio hits?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 pm

I got 'em all.

In fact, just got the new one yesterday and sad to say, it's not very good. Major Lodge Victory was quite good IMO so I was really looking forward to this one.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I like em. Have three of the albums and have Up and Crumbling coming.

I liked the samples of Chocolate on amazon toho - what dont you like about the new one?

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I only have the first album 'New Miserable Experience' and the deep cuts on that album are very good, it has been awhile since I listened to this classic and may have to pull this out of the archives and give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:54 pm

LOVE THIS BAND!!! Great rock with some amazing melodies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I really like a couple of songs I didn't hear on the radio. Day Job which is more hard charging and Not Only Numb which sounds like a Collective Soul ballad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Very good live band. Other than that, I echo Manny.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I really like a couple of songs I didn't hear on the radio. Day Job which is more hard charging and Not Only Numb which sounds like a Collective Soul ballad.

Those 2 are from Congratulations, I'm Sorry.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Any fan of New Miserable Experience should track down the album Dusted which has a few of the songs off NME in much more ragged earlier form. Doug Hopkins is in all his glory on that (I believe he produced it as well). After his suicide the Blossoms never did much for me. They just never seemed to equal his songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Check out this Gas Giants song. This was the band Robin and Jesse formed following the demise of Gin Blossoms (but prior to their reunion). For my money this is the best song Gin Blossoms never recorded.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:01 pm

I love Found out about you. Unfortunately when Doug Hopkins left the band so did the talent! Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm

325ad wrote:
I love Found out about you. Unfortunately when Doug Hopkins left the band so did the talent! Sad

His death definitely left a void in the band; Congratulations, I'm Sorry isn't even close to New Miserable Experience IMO but Major Lodge Victory was a giant step up as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, the newest one sounds more like Congratulations to my ears.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:24 am

tohostudios wrote:
325ad wrote:

His death definitely left a void in the band; Congratulations, I'm Sorry isn't even close to New Miserable Experience IMO but Major Lodge Victory was a giant step up as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, the newest one sounds more like Congratulations to my ears.

MLV is a very good cd.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:43 pm

I'd never heard of MLV until you mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'd never heard of MLV until you mentioned it.

go get it! Thats an order Razz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Listening to the samples it's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 am

I saw the singer on that L.A. Ink show the other day.

Can't say i'm into their music at all...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks to this thread I listened to 'New Miserable Experience' last night, excellent album and I had forgotten how many songs made it onto the radio from the album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah, I thought i'd only heard a couple songs until listening to the greatest hits.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:08 am

I got 2 of their albums love the songs Hey Jealousy and Follow You Down
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:16 am

I just love the song "As Long As It Matters", I used to always repeat that song over and over when I played the album, I think it's on the 2nd album.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:07 am

I have enjoyed the Gin Blossoms since the begining. Talented bunch of guys even after the line up change. The Gas Giants release was quality as well.

Seen them live on 3 occasions and they don't disapoint.

The mentioned songs are great, but my fave has always been "Can't Call It Cheatin'".
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:08 am

Their 'Best Of' gets lots of spins from me. I love the hooks...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:56 am

My favorite off that Gas Giants album is I Hope My Kids Like Marilyn Manson.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:08 pm

I need to get the new one but I really like this band. not usually my style of music but they do a great job...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone into Gin Blossoms?   Anyone into Gin Blossoms? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone into Gin Blossoms?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: