Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]

Go down 
+48
DeathCult
RiseAndFall
EvyMetal
sovdat
325ad
Sutekh
powermacho
Dave the Boss
Troublezone
Leatherface
Joe
Fat Freddy
KevinPage
Stender
Olafsto
SAHB Healer
Shiney
metallicleora
JBall_Z
snooloui
bassman
Smindas
manny
Alex Dee Rokket
Eyesore
jksilvi
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Required Fields
chewie
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Jesusandmetal23
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
dirtracin1
MetalGuy71
akeldama
Wargod
Metal Misfit
nevermore
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
kmorg
exact33
krokus
jstate
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

chewie wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Spread_inline

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Album-genesis-1976-1982

Holy crap dude! I want those! TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 11840 Awesome grab

I got all 3 of those box sets they are awesome!

I've been hesitant to get these because:
1. I already have these albums
2. I heard that they rerecorded some of the vocal tracks(Phil's)

I would have no idea what was rerecorded if anything. I don't have the originals. But even so who cares because these are really great. I didn't even really like Genesis when I bought these. I found them cheap on amazon and just bought them because bands I listen to seem to have liked them at some poinit or another. I couldn't pass it up. I've liked it ever since

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Spread_inline

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Album-genesis-1976-1982

Holy crap dude! I want those! TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 11840 Awesome grab

I got all 3 of those box sets they are awesome!

I would have no idea what was rerecorded if anything. I don't have the originals. But even so who cares because these are really great. I didn't even really like Genesis when I bought these. I found them cheap on amazon and just bought them because bands I listen to seem to have liked them at some poinit or another. I couldn't pass it up. I've liked it ever since

Well I can't fault you for that and Genesis has a new fan.... What era is your favorite?
I'll have to go look again and see what's at Amazon TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 pm

chewie wrote:

I would have no idea what was rerecorded if anything. I don't have the originals. But even so who cares because these are really great. I didn't even really like Genesis when I bought these. I found them cheap on amazon and just bought them because bands I listen to seem to have liked them at some poinit or another. I couldn't pass it up. I've liked it ever since[/quote]

Well I can't fault you for that and Genesis has a new fan.... What era is your favorite?
I'll have to go look again and see what's at Amazon TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_smile[/quote]

Phil Collins I think but even that starts to die out towards the end. I really haven't given the Gabriel era a good listen though. Some stuff was just a little too wierd for me but I did like it I just need to listen to it. I got all of those boxes around the same time so it was hard to listen to all of it at once. Theres just so much in those boxes between the dvds and the extra cd and the books. They are really great box sets.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Went to Movie Trading Company to sell some CDs (I'm trying to sell various stuff to make up for some of my irresponsible spending this year) and while waiting for the results, I discovered the had new copies of the an album I've been anticipating so I used some of the proceeds to buy it:

Blind Guardian-At The Edge Of Time (still can't copy pictures to here and linking images is not working for me, oh well)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Latest:

Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time (2CD)
Blind Guardian - Tokyo Tapes
David Victor - Proof Through The Night
Flord - Flord
Hardcore Superstar - Beg For It (w/Bonus Tracks)
Radakka - Requiem For The Innocent
Superbees, The - Top Of The Rocks (EP)
Sword, The - Warp Rider
Velocity - Impact
Vines, The - Melodia **
Walk That Walk - Walk That Walk

For those interested:

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 am

My latest acquisitions for the month of August 2010:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Judas Priest - Ram it Down (2001 remaster)
Judas Priest - Turbo (2001 remaster)
Testament - New Order
Testament - Souls of Black
Testament - Low
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights Camera Revolution
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law (2009 remaster)
Saxon - S/T (2009 remaster)
Motorhead - Iron Fist
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 pm

Jorn - Worldchanger

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
My latest acquisitions for the month of August 2010:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Judas Priest - Ram it Down (2001 remaster)
Judas Priest - Turbo (2001 remaster)
Testament - New Order
Testament - Souls of Black
Testament - Low
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights Camera Revolution
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law (2009 remaster)
Saxon - S/T (2009 remaster)
Motorhead - Iron Fist

nice haul!!!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am

Grabbed these on the way home from work tonight:

10 Years - Feeding The Wolves (w/Bonus Tracks)
Guardian - Miracle Mile
Tristania - Rubicon (w/Bonus Track)
Van Halen - Balance
Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:24 am

VH's F.U.C.K. is a great album! Pity it came a bit too late in the piece (with grunge and what not superseding hard rock and metal) but personally I've always considered it the best of the Van Hagar releases. It is the most consistent sounding album and unlike 5150 and OU812 it has much heavier songs, almost harking back to their early days pre-1984.

I lost all interest in Van Halen after this album though. I haven't even looked into the newer songs with DLR and Sammy Hagar (the ones that appeared on the best ofs ... I heard they were decent though but I am not going to fork out cash for just 2 new songs).

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
VH's F.U.C.K. is a great album! Pity it came a bit too late in the piece (with grunge and what not superseding hard rock and metal) but personally I've always considered it the best of the Van Hagar releases. It is the most consistent sounding album and unlike 5150 and OU812 it has much heavier songs, almost harking back to their early days pre-1984.

I lost all interest in Van Halen after this album though. I haven't even looked into the newer songs with DLR and Sammy Hagar (the ones that appeared on the best ofs ... I heard they were decent though but I am not going to fork out cash for just 2 new songs).

It was my first VH album. I knew the hits before then, but I'd never owned an album. I bought them after, but I sold all their stuff while in the military, so I'm starting to buy them again. Not sure I've heard Balance before. Either way, F.U.C.K. brought back some memories when I rocked it last night.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

It was my first VH album. I knew the hits before then, but I'd never owned an album. I bought them after, but I sold all their stuff while in the military, so I'm starting to buy them again. Not sure I've heard Balance before. Either way, F.U.C.K. brought back some memories when I rocked it last night.

I much prefer the DLR era of Van Halen but I think the Sammy Hagar was also very good I think F.U.C.K. and Balance where the best albums that line up ever did.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

DEMONA:DIE IN VIOLENCE CD
RIOTOR:LIVE...FOR STEEL shape maxi CD
BLOOD POLLUTION:ARMED YOU CD
NIGHTCHAINS:METAL TO THE BONE CD (real metal from BEIRUT)
DÉR:CRUST FALLS tape (band from Hungary)
DUNGEONHAMMER/RUST: split 7"single
SKULLFIST:HEAVIER THAN METAL (one of the best heavy metal cd´s of the year)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:55 am

Dirty Skirty - Long Live Rock N Roll

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
Hmmm...sounds good. Must research.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/dirtyskirty/longliverock.shtml

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

that makes two of us.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Jettblack - Get Your Hands Dirty

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:02 pm

krokus wrote:

It sure is, I picked it up a few weeks back and I'm still spinning the life out of it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Half-Price Books:

$1
Enuff Z'Nuff-s/t
Saigon Kick-s/t
Saigon Kick-Devil In The Details

$1.98
Enya-A Day Without Rain
Riot-Restless Breed
The Shroud-A Dark Moon Night (goth rock)
Brruce Dickinson-Shoot All The Clowns

$3.98
The Donnas-Gold Medal
21 Guns-Salute (early 90s melodic hard rock)
Lilian Axe-Live 2002

The Riot CD was a suprise find, you can't even find used albums from them around here. Blind buys were The Shroud and 21 Guns (the latter I pretty muched pegged from the start and I was not disapointed with the little I heard)).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 pm

In the mail today from Amazon...

Leaves Eyes-Njord (Special Fan Edition)

From Best Buy-

Heart-Red Velvet Car
Disturbed-Asylum
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:16 am

Locky wrote:
krokus wrote:

It sure is, I picked it up a few weeks back and I'm still spinning the life out of it.

Yeah, its a killer cd. I hope they will make more like this.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Half-Price Books:

$1
Enuff Z'Nuff-s/t
Saigon Kick-s/t
Saigon Kick-Devil In The Details

$1.98
Enya-A Day Without Rain
Riot-Restless Breed
The Shroud-A Dark Moon Night (goth rock)
Brruce Dickinson-Shoot All The Clowns

$3.98
The Donnas-Gold Medal
21 Guns-Salute (early 90s melodic hard rock)
Lilian Axe-Live 2002

The Riot CD was a suprise find, you can't even find used albums from them around here. Blind buys were The Shroud and 21 Guns (the latter I pretty muched pegged from the start and I was not disapointed with the little I heard)).

Excellent haul and 21 Guns was Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy fame very short lived band but I never heard their music.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:38 am

I like 21 GUNS. They were a melodic hard rock band, and not much to do with THIN LIZZY´s HEAVY ROCK type of music. They had some great songs. I have DEMOLITION with demos songs and it just kick ass. If SALUTE would have come out 3 years before (back in 89) i think today it would be a classic for many people. Now its only for a few.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Today:

Accept - Blood Of The Nations (w/Bonus Track)
Sick Of It All - Death To Tyrants
Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast (CD/DVD w/Bonus Track)
Whitesnake - Snakebite **

** From SwapaCD.com.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]
Page 3 of 43Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next