Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol

Go down 
+12
Shawn Of Fire
Dave the Boss
manny
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Temple of Blood
MoonChild
Required Fields
Mordor
mc666
Troublezone
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Empty
PostSubject: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:40 am

What do you think of this album?

Being a huge fan of Tony Martin's era, i finally got it, and been enjoying it for the last two days.

Iommy's solo on Glory Ride is chilling, don't you agree? headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 am

Just bought the remastered version recently. I like it a lot!

Tony Martin is a great singer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:07 am

out of all the Tony Martin albums, i prefer The Headless Cross, but Idol isn't bad.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 am

I think Headless Cross and The Eternal Idol are the best of the Tony Martin albums. But all of them except Forbidden are very good.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:28 am

One of my favourite Sabbath albums. The best with Tony on vocals
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 am

I like it a lot, but prefer Headless Cross.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 am

tony Martin is a great singer for sure and I love Eternal Idol. I prefer Headless Cross more, and Forbidden is not upto the mark in his Black Sabbath catalog.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 am

It's better than a lot of stuff out these days.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 am

I'm not a fan. Cross Purposes in the only Tony Martin era album that I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:54 am

MEGATRON wrote:

What about that album is so different from the ones before it? They all have a similar quality except Forbidden... which has horrible production and subpar material.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 am

Cross Purpose & Headless Cross only
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 am

I love 'The Eternal Idol' and it is my favorite from Black Sabbath's Tony Martin era
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 am

Love the Tony Martin albums... apart from Forbidden that is. Tyr is my favorite. Valhalla is such an epic song.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Love the Tony Martin albums... apart from Forbidden that is. Tyr is my favorite. Valhalla is such an epic song.

'Forbidden' is the huge turd in the Black Sabbath punch bowl
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:44 am

Agreed. Imo it's the only Sabbath album not worth owning.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 am

K-Octave was working on a cover of "Hard Life To Love" back in 2002...that was a fun song to sing.

Tony Martin rules...end of story.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 am

Eternal Idol is a great cd. I love all the Tony Martin era cds...including Forbidden ! (ducks for cover)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 am

I think that if Forbidden had not had the Ice-T cameo, people would have a different opinion of it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think that if Forbidden had not had the Ice-T cameo, people would have a different opinion of it.

No I don't think so because Ice-T is only on one song, IMO the songs ae just not very memorable and I think that is the main problem with 'Forbidden'
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't know. I think both Forbidden and Kiss of Death are standout tracks. Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol 436688

Guess it's just me
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 pm

As a long-time fan of Tony Martin, and more recently a friend, I really like seeing the appreciation that you guys have for his talent.

Too often he suffers unfair and ridiculous criticisms from fans of the other eras.

Tony Martin was the extraordinary voice on these albums, but for those who don't like them, the presence of the others singers wouldn't likely have changed that, except in the cases where people were determined to dislike anything "not Ozzy".
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

What about that album is so different from the ones before it? They all have a similar quality except Forbidden... which has horrible production and subpar material.

Tony's voice fits the music in Cross Purposes better than any other "Sabbath" album he sang on. Plus, having Geezer back in the band during the writing/recording of the album made it an even stronger effort.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:12 am

Tony's my favourite Sabbath singer (yes, i think he's better then Ozzy)

The only album i still don't own is forbidden.

I've been seeing it on the shelves for a while, bu still hesitate to get it.

I need some encouragement, although i'm sure it's gonna be gone one day and i'll regret
not having it.
Back to top Go down
ACCEPT
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Bite the bullet and pick it up.

There are a few really strong performances on there.

Some people actually really like it. Tony Martin does not, I think you can hear in his voice that things were not the same behind the scenes.

It does not live up to the prior albums by any stretch, but I think Iommi and Ernie C have to take the blame for the results.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

I think they were on a creative roll from Dehumanizer. If you listen to Strange Highways (Dio) and Cross Purposes (Sabbath), both of which came after Dehumanizer, you can hear the carryover from the creative epicness of Dehumanizer. Overall, I think Cross Purposes is heavier and even darker than any of the other Martin-era albums.

PostSubject: Re: Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol   Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balck Sabbath: The eternal idol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next