Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)

Go down 
+5
Jesusandmetal23
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Empty
PostSubject: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:30 pm

These guys are from my neck of the woods, anyone else hear of them? This was an EP they realeased back in 1988-89, but it has been remastered and released by Stormspell Records. There are 6 tracks, but the album length is 31 minutes . Check them out! (if you haven't already)

http://www.myspace.com/militia89
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Got it. Definitely a gem! Pure speed metal/thrash similar to Agent Steel and Laaz Rockit. I dig it!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 am

Militia kicks ass! I need to pick up that remaster from Stormspell
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 am

I've listened to this a few times already. Militia are progressive speed metal with some thrash influences. Sort of Fates Warning meets Metallica. Compares to Laaz Rockit, Agent Steel, Toxik, etc. Really good release. Well worth the $10 they are charging for this CD. Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) 11840

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Sort of Fates Warning meets Metallica.

Sounds like something I'd like! I'll check it out later today.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 am

Aw, hell yeah. This is my kind of stuff. I may pick this up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 am

Sounds pretty good. I might have investigate further.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:48 am

Sounds interesting!

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:50 am

That's my kind of music, have to check it out more.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Oh yeah, this is awesome! I'm definitely getting this soonish. The vocals remind me more of Queensryche than Fates Warning though. Nevertheless, this shreds like a mother.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Oh yeah, this is awesome! I'm definitely getting this soonish. The vocals remind me more of Queensryche than Fates Warning though. Nevertheless, this shreds like a mother.

Just a clarification, when I said "Fates Warning meets Metallica", I was speaking of the music itself, not the vocals in particular.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Nice to see this getting some good remarks! This hasn't left my cd changer since I got it!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:19 pm

sounds good. I may have to pick this up later. headbanger

The vocalist reminds me of midnight sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Just a clarification, when I said "Fates Warning meets Metallica", I was speaking of the music itself, not the vocals in particular.

Hmm, yeah, I do hear some Spectre Within-influenced parts here and there.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 am

Got this over the weekend.Its a very good album.It reminds me of Early day Deliverance in the vocal department alot of times.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 pm

What is happening with this band ?
I thought they might take off as huge as other Bay Area metal like Heathen.

http://www.myspace.com/militia89/blog
UPDATE 11/7/2010-MILITIA -Ulrichsen part ways

MILITIA and singer Matt Ulrichsen have parted ways, sighting creative differences during the recording sessions of the bands untitled new cd. After the initial recording of the opening track 'Seeing Red" the band was dissatisfied with the results and fired him. It was something that had to be done to maintain the integrity of the music.
Ulrichsen was replaced by Bay Area singer Dan "DJ" Sanborn,
who has given the band a "heavier" sound while staying true to the integrity of the music.
When people hear this they will understand why we made this move.
Scott Fraser and Sandborn have been collaborating and the pace of writting has been stepped up ten fold.
The band is still on track for an early spring 2011 release. Look for the first track to be posted toward the end of November.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)   Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Militia - Fiend of Misery (power/thrash)
Page 1 of 1