Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barry Goudreau

Go down 
+2
James B.
Wargod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm sure some know who he is! Those who don't Barry was a guitarist for Boston in the 70's who left or after Tom disbanded Boston. Many consider him essential in what was a powerful Boston group. Anyway he went solo and recorded this solo album in which some consider to be the lost Boston cd never made.
This is every bit of what the full Boston band was. Brad Delp on vocals highlites this.

Very good cd!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Have seen it at the mom and pop used record shops, never had an interest to procure it. Untill now...never realized Brad did the singing or some sing on it ?

Thanks for the heads up !

yeah, his tone and style gave Boston that unique thing they had guitar wise,

Laterz

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm

I know Barry Goudreau is on the cover of those first two Boston albums but my understanding that it was Tom Schulz who played all the guitar and bass parts on those recordings, did I misread this fact?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

I've had this record for a few years now... good stuff! It is an album that Boston should have made.

I think Both Brad Delp and Fran Cosmo sing on this.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:20 am

great album, better than anything Boston did in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:59 am

Are we talking about Orion the Hunter? I seem to recall them being touted as having the former Boston guitarist as a member.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 am

007 wrote:
Are we talking about Orion the Hunter? I seem to recall them being touted as having the former Boston guitarist as a member.

No that's later, I think that this came out in 1980.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Barry Goudreau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Goudreau   Barry Goudreau Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barry Goudreau
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: