Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sentinel Beast

Go down 
+6
nevermore
James B.
metalheaded
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:36 am

Any fans of this California power/speed metal band? I have their Metal Blade release "Depths of Death" LP, as well as the new CD on Stormspell that compiles all their old demos on one CD. Anyone else familiar with this band? Comments? Reviews?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am

I'm only familiar with them by seeing them on the Storspell website. But I read a very favorable review of that release in Scream Magazine, so I'll pick it up eventually.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:46 am

No, but perhaps will check out. Sentinel Beast Icon_cool

How could you improve a Sentinel except by making it beastly? There should be a battle of the ultradescriptive bands, like Sentinel Beast VS Mastercastle VS Overmaster, who shall be the most ultimate of them all!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Yes, very good band...at least the Depths of Death album is. Haven't heard anything else by them. I had the cassette back in the day, then got it on CD about 3 or 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:41 pm

thank you kind sir........another piece of vinyl to hunt down headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 pm

I have Depths Of Death. I like it quite a bit. I haven't heard any of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

*plays songs from the album*

This band listened to 'Ride the Lightning'...a lot. Aside from that, some of the thrashier Fates Warning or Savatage sound can be heard in flourishes..which all brings me to: these songs aren't nearly as enthralling as any of that...... if you're the person who has to have it all, then I guess so, but...there's just so much stuff that could have been better. Riffs not that memorable...her vocals I can tell could have been a lot better, they just don't thrasshhhhh like this sort of thing demands.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm

cool band. the vocalist does comercials for thrash unlimited radio. headbanger
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 am

I used to have a Metal Massacre album that had a song from them on it, I dont remember the name but I'm pretty sure it was probably a demo. If I heard the song, I'd remember it almost note for note.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetalMerchant
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetalMerchant

Number of posts : 23

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:23 am

Yes I remember these guys! 80s US metal of the underground variety - Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavymetalmerchant.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

stepcousin wrote:
I used to have a Metal Massacre album that had a song from them on it, I dont remember the name but I'm pretty sure it was probably a demo. If I heard the song, I'd remember it almost note for note.

That song is called Sentinel Beast and it's on Metal Massacre 7. It's a good enough song and it's the only one of their's I am familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sentinel Beast
Page 1 of 1