Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canadian Carnage on July 26th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Canadian Carnage on July 26th Empty
PostSubject: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:37 pm

BEST.

SHOW.

EVER!!!!

Testament opened up their set with "More Than Meets the Eye", and then performed "Dog Faced Gods". Then they went back to their 1980s material, and performed "The New Order", "Practice What You Preach", and "Into the Pit". They then performed "D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)" and "Riding the Snake" before finishing off their set with "The Formation of Damnation". At the end of the set, Paul Bostaph threw his sticks into the crowd, and I almost caught it. It was right next to me, but some Carrot Top lookalike snagged just before I could.

Megadeth was up after that. They performed the entire Rust in Peace album, and then performed "Trust", "Headcrusher", "A Tout Le Monde", "Symphony of Destruction", and "Peace Sells" before doing a reprise of "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due".

Slayer opened up their set with "World Painted Blood" and "Hate Worldwide" before performing the entire Seasons in the Abyss album. Slayer then played "South of Heaven" and "Raining Blood" before closing the show with "Angel of Death".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Too cool. I am going to see them next October in Louisville Ky, with Anthrax. (Assuming Anthrax doesn't back out to replace Joey.) I've seen Testament and Megadeth before with Exodus in this dinky little slaughter house in Lubbock Texas. While it was cool, it was an awful place for a show like that.

I had tickets to see the Megs/Slayer tour earlier, but the show was canceled... 'cause you know why. One of my friends tells me that Slayer puts on a good show. I can't wait...

Glad you had great time with such a killer line-up!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Awesome, but how could Testament play nothing from The Legacy?
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 pm

So Testament, Megadeth, and Slayer rolled through SF last night! Man, what show!!! Everybody sounded badass!! I woke up with a bit of a hangover, though. The price you pay sometimes, but it was worth it!!!

As soon as I figure out how to fileshare (I'm a novice at that) I can pm a video (if anyone is interested) I shot with my phone of Slayer playing "Seasons in the Abyss." I have to say, it's pretty good quality for a phone video. The sound is the best part of it, as I shot it from the side and I wasn't that close. Still pretty cool, nonetheless.

EDIT: It is actually a video of "Dead Skin Mask" not Seasons. D'oh!

Last edited by Joe on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Glad you had a great time!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I uploaded the video to youtube, like I said it was taken with my phone, I even got a drunk guy saying he wants to get punched in the face or something like that. It's right at the beginning. lol!

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 pm

You can actually see me very briefly in this video. The sound quality is very poor, though:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canadian Carnage on July 26th   Canadian Carnage on July 26th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canadian Carnage on July 26th
Page 1 of 1