Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question

Go down 
+3
spiritoradio
manny
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Empty
PostSubject: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Has anyone picked up the Rolling Stones Exile On Main St. re-issue? The Deluxe version is all re-mastered, re-mixed, re-packaged, blah, blah, blah, whathaveyou and has a bunch of additional bonus tracks. I was in Target the other night and I saw that you can just buy the bonus tracks disc seperately from the rest of the album for $9.99.

I already have Exile... on cd, it's one of my favorite Stones albums. I'm not that much of an audiophile where production values are an issue with me. However I can appreciate the effort if the original material is that bad. It would be nice to have the album with bonus tracks all mastered to the same levels and all that goes along with it, but I think I'm just mostly interested in the unreleased music.

So do I buy the new deluxe version or just get the bonus tracks cd? Does the new version sound that much better? Are the bonus tracks even any good or are they throwaways?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

I am not an audiofile either, but I do not feel like buying the same disc again so I am choosing to buy the separte disc.

As far as the original production of the album, detuned can speak about this better then I can, but it was recorded in a basement inside of Keith Richards rented home in the South of France where Jagger and Richards and everyone present drank like fish, did tons of drugs, shagged any woman who walked thru door with guitars that went out of tune due to the heat, tapes that wrapped so I am assuming the production values where not so great, that being said to my earsthe deluxe version sounds better sonically, but not by many degrees, and it still has stoner vibe to the disc.

But for me personally I am not going to rebuy the same album again and I am glad you informed me the bonus tracks where released on their own.

This also happens to be my favorite Stones album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm assuming you read this book too, Manny? If not, you should.

Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Exile_on_Main_St

I looked on Amazon and see that you can get the deluxe re-issue used for $13 + s\h. If I'm gonna spend $10 for just the bonus tracks, I might as well throw in a few extra bucks for the whole package.

Eh, I dunno. I can wait and see I guess. I was just throwing this out there to get some opinions.

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Quote :
I can wait and see I guess

Just remember....Jim Henson had a "wait and see" attitude and now we have wrong sounding Muppets.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Wouldn't be the 1st time my procrastinating ways have come back to bite me in the backside. Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question 706740

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm assuming you read this book too, Manny? If not, you should.

Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Exile_on_Main_St

I looked on Amazon and see that you can get the deluxe re-issue used for $13 + s\h. If I'm gonna spend $10 for just the bonus tracks, I might as well throw in a few extra bucks for the whole package.

Eh, I dunno. I can wait and see I guess. I was just throwing this out there to get some opinions.

Nope never read it but I am going to add to my reading list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Quote :
but it was recorded in a basement inside of Keith Richards rented home in the South of France where Jagger and Richards and everyone present drank like fish, did tons of drugs, shagged any woman who walked thru door with guitars that went out of tune due to the heat, tapes that wrapped

It goes into greater detail of the above statement, which is why I thought you may have read it. It's a good read.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question   Exile on Main Street Re-Issue Question Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 am