Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moshketeers Update!

Go down 
+11
Wargod
Jesusandmetal23
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
shamgar75
exact33
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
powermacho
BillRoxx
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 pm

So am I be my first look and listen into the band!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:34 am

CDs/T-shirts should be arriving in people's mail by now. Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 11840

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 am

Yep,got mine yesterday.Great looking artwork,and the sound is great.Good job to Cliffy and all those involved.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Got mine yesterday and it sounds a load better than the tape...haha. Great job cliffy!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 pm

What did you think of the bonus tracks Stender?

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What did you think of the bonus tracks Stender?

Only jammed the 4 tagged onto the downward spiral disc so far. They were cool, a little more midpaced and groovier than the 1992 material but still ripping in my opinion. Im going to spin the vacation from hell disc tommorow. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:33 pm

oh, great liner notes by the way scott!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Aaargh, can't wait for this to arrive. Sometimes it sucks living on the other side of the Atlantic. Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Stender wrote:
oh, great liner notes by the way scott!

Thanks. I really wanted to have some band history as well as some personal commentary. I was hoping to also include lyrics and some liner notes from the band, but I had a hard enough time trying to get a thank you list from the band members.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:46 pm

I just got my copy. I'Ll listen to it later today. I like the New artwork
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Got mine this week - I'm liking what I am hearing so far. Gone thru the first 6 tracks so far. Hoping to finish the rest of the CD this week. Great history of the band - very cool stuff. Sounds like they could've gotten pretty far if they had that record deal a little earlier. Oh well - God's plan is not what we think it is or should be. Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 am

Cool. Glad people are enjoying this. I really do think these guys would have been at least as popular as bands like Deliverance, Believer and Vengeance Rising had they not been given the shaft by Intense Records.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

I actually like 'em better than Vengeance and Believer, going by the mp3 rip of the tape I have that is.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:10 am

Im digging the Rapture demo as much as the Moshketeer material.Anyone else with me?They had an Early Anthrax sound to em that I like.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 am

Yes, the demo is great, though the production isn't quite up to par with the Downward Spiral. My favorite song is Murder for a Profit. Great riff, cool lyrics.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

The vocals on Vacation From Hell remind me of Joey Belladonna. I had never noticed it before, but there is some resemblance.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 am

havent jammed the rapture demo yet...ill do that at work today. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:29 pm

This release smokes! Any fan of thrash should have this album, it's a forgotten classic.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

I've been playing the Downward Spiral so much I've kept forgetting to get to the Vacation From Hell.

I love the story in the linear notes about the (c)Rapture flyer and that leading to checking the band out. I actually first checked out these guys on youtube after seeing their name on the list at NLTM and thinking that was the dumbest name I can imagine. Now I kinda dig it. After listening to the clips I knew I had to get this. Great record and really nicely done release. I tend to judge remastering with thrash on how well I can hear the bass pounding through. Made me very, very happy. Sounds amazing.

What was the whole story with Intense Records? I'm shocked that these guys didn't have a bidding war to sign them.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Intense REALLY should have picked this up. Heck, Metal Blade or Roadrunner should have. I feel bad for the endless thrash fans who haven't heard a note from this band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Intense REALLY should have picked this up. Heck, Metal Blade or Roadrunner should have. I feel bad for the endless thrash fans who haven't heard a note from this band.

COMBAT!
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Stender wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

COMBAT!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 am

Got this in today. The Downward Spiral sounds heavier than ever. Great album. From the 1997 demo the only song I can appreciate is Take My Life, the others are pretty bad imo. The early version of Ye! is great though. The Rapture material is effing awesome! Love the higher vocals on it. I hope the other Rapture material will ever see the light of the day.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Got this in today. The Downward Spiral sounds heavier than ever. Great album. From the 1997 demo the only song I can appreciate is Take My Life, the others are pretty bad imo. The early version of Ye! is great though. The Rapture material is effing awesome! Love the higher vocals on it. I hope the other Rapture material will ever see the light of the day.

The 1997 demo I think just sounds unfinished, like they were working songs. Honestly, I think there is some truth to that. I've heard some of the faster songs that were suppose to be released on that album that I like better than those demo tracks. Still, I don't dislike them as much as you do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 am

Hm, it's not like I really dislike 'em, but like you said they just sound unfinished, like something is missing. Plus the vocals sound really weird at times, especially on Return. Whatever happened to the faster songs? Were they recorded at all and lost or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moshketeers Update!   Moshketeers Update! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moshketeers Update!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: