Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever Been to a Movie Location?

Go down 
+10
Leatherface
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Schbopo
Joe
Stender
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I stayed on the Death Star for a couple of days...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I love depressing movies. It's just one of my many, many character flaws.

Laughing Well, if that's really your thang, have at it, I guess. For what it's worth, the acting/performances were all very good, it just wasn't my kinda flick.

The last thing I saw the dwarf guy (I can't think of his name) in was the live-action "Underdog" movie from a couple of years ago - he played Simon Bar Sinister. Interesting career arc.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I love depressing movies. It's just one of my many, many character flaws.

Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_lol Well, if that's really your thang, have at it, I guess. For what it's worth, the acting/performances were all very good, it just wasn't my kinda flick.

The last thing I saw the dwarf guy (I can't think of his name) in was the live-action "Underdog" movie from a couple of years ago - he played Simon Bar Sinister. Interesting career arc.

Peter Dinklidge. I love that he has "dink" in his name. Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 201269

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am

Parts of the movie Shawshank Redemption were filmed in and around the Ohio town in which I teach. The courthouse was used for the courtroom scenes, a local grocery store for the store that hired the cons that were released, and a lumberyard outside of town was used as the shop in the prison. They also shot the outside prison yard scenes at the Ohio State Penitentiary which has since been torn down. I also know several of the people that were used as extras. in the courtroom scenes; one of my colleagues in the music department can be seen over Tim Robbins shoulder at one point, and when they pan across the jury, you can clearly see the lady that is the retired secretary at the high school. It's a small town, so you can imagine how proud they are at this little tidbit of film history. Kind of cool, since the movie ended up doing so well and becoming somewhat of a classic.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 pm

The vampire movie Innocent Blood (with some hot French chick,Robert Loggia,and Don Rickles of all people) was filmed around Monroeville as well. There was a cool car chase scene right on the main drag through the town.

Also,about 15 miles north of me is the town of Kittaning which stood in as the town in the Mothman Prophecies and now I've read that an upcoming film called I Am Number 9 (I think) is going to be filmed in my small home town of Vandergrift,PA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Been to a Movie Location?   Ever Been to a Movie Location? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever Been to a Movie Location?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2