Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old MTV commercial

Go down 
+3
mez
Fat Freddy
Sword Of The Heretic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Remember the days when there was actually "M" on "MTV?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:17 pm

I loved the MTV commercial around Christmas time where it showed a bunch of people slam dancing in black and white footage and there was a cartoonish Santa slamming around with them and the only thing I remember as far as dialog was "Santa hates you" and there was more after that but it was funny.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Remember the days when there was actually "M" on "MTV?"

Yep!!! Sure do!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:45 pm

How'bout some of these oldies:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:01 am

wow. they actually played music back then...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:23 am

exact33 wrote:
wow. they actually played music back then...

I have fond memories of MTV in the early 80s. Its launch coincided with my blossoming interest in popular music (I was 11 years old when it went on the air in '81) so I watched it constantly for a good # of years. We were one of the few houses on the block with cable back then so some of my less fortunate friends would come over to our place and we'd watch MTV for hours on end. Laughing

Over the years, of course, MTV's focus changed towards more original programming and less music, so my interest in it started flagging around '89... and I haven't watched the channel at all since the early 90s.

I still remember the first time my brother and I sat down to watch this new "radio with pictures" channel that had been added to our cable TV. Two of the videos we saw that afternoon were Judas Priest's "Heading Out to the Highway" and the Ramones' "Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio?" -- and I was hooked immediately. As the saying goes, it was all downhill for me from there. Laughing very hard

To this day I still have a pretty good working knowledge of most '80s new wave/pop stuff (even though I don't own any albums by such artists) just because of their constant rotation on MTV.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

The first video that I remember is The Vapors "Waiting For The Weekend"... I still love that song, never bought the album, though... Same with Split Enz. Then I remember the "Heading" from priest, Axe's "Rock N Roll Party..", April Wine "Sign Of The Gypsy Queen" . Damn! That was a good station in it's early days.

Quote :
Fat Freddy Wrote:

To this day I still have a pretty good working knowledge of most '80s new wave/pop stuff (even though I don't own any albums by such artists) just because of their constant rotation on MTV.

Same here..... though I do have some Duran Duran and all of the Japan albums. I remember stuff like Haircut 100, Madness, those guys who did the "Rudy" song, "Electric Av." and other goofy bands... They played some weird stuff.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:02 pm

I know it's not the season, but this is one of my favorite Christmas songs, not to mention that it relates to the MTV topic.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm sure anyone who watched MTV back in the day remembers this irritatingly catchy (not to mention prophetic) little ditty. It was the first video MTV played when they launched in the summer of '81.

uugghhh... thanks for bringing back bad memories!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 am

exact33 wrote:

It's gonna be stuck in your head all day now, isn't it? Laughing

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

It's gonna be stuck in your head all day now, isn't it? Laughing

its almost as bad as when my daughter sings the Muffin Man song and I cant get that out of my head... In the middle of listening to Sabaton today all I could remember was Video Killed the Radio Star angry

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

It's gonna be stuck in your head all day now, isn't it? Old MTV commercial Icon_lol

its almost as bad as when my daughter sings the Muffin Man song and I cant get that out of my head... In the middle of listening to Sabaton today all I could remember was Video Killed the Radio Star Old MTV commercial 308838

Then I've done my job for today. Laughing

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

It's gonna be stuck in your head all day now, isn't it? Old MTV commercial Icon_lol

its almost as bad as when my daughter sings the Muffin Man song and I cant get that out of my head... In the middle of listening to Sabaton today all I could remember was Video Killed the Radio Star Old MTV commercial 308838

Then I've done my job for today. Laughing

Two can play at this game Old MTV commercial 19976

Sponsored content

Old MTV commercial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old MTV commercial   Old MTV commercial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old MTV commercial
Page 1 of 1