Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rod Stewart anyone?

Go down 
+2
chewie
manny
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Rod Stewart anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Kind of a guilty pleasure but some of his early stuff I really enjoy. He had some very skilled musicians around him like Ron Wood and Mick Waller and had a lot of soul. Every Picture Tells A Story is a classic.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:43 pm

I loved him with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces, his solo stuff is hit or miss with me, easily his later stuff after his early 70's heyday, but Nazgul those early Rod Stewart albums such as the one you mention are excellent
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:17 pm

manny wrote:
I loved him with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces, his solo stuff is hit or miss with me, easily his later stuff after his early 70's heyday, but Nazgul those early Rod Stewart albums such as the one you mention are excellent

Same here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I recently got the 2 disc definitive collection and that should be enough for me. I already had his "greatest hits" but that was missing a lot of his early stuff.

BTW, if you like early Rod Stewart, check out The Quireboys (aka London Quireboys). Their singer is a dead ringer for Rod and the music is very much in the vain of Faces.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:

BTW, if you like early Rod Stewart, check out The Quireboys (aka London Quireboys). Their singer is a dead ringer for Rod and the music is very much in the vain of Faces.

I need to put the Quireboys on rotation with The Black Crowes so I can get a pseudo Faces/Humble Pie fix. Or I can just play my Humble Pie/Faces albums. Or both options could be a possibility.... hmmmm... It's time to ROCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:34 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I need to put the Quireboys on rotation with The Black Crowes so I can get a pseudo Faces/Humble Pie fix. Or I can just play my Humble Pie/Faces albums. Or both options could be a possibility.... hmmmm... It's time to ROCK!!!!

How about Dogs d'Amour? Same style.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Now I gotta check them out......gosh Rod Stewart anyone? Lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:51 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Sorry. I'm a major fan of this style. I like to call it "whiskey sleaze".

And if you like Black Crowes, check out Flies On Fire (their stuff can be had for next to nothing).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 am

I even like some of his 80's stuff too.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:46 am

chewie wrote:
manny wrote:

Same here.

likewise here from south of U street

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:48 am

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If you like Humble Pie..check out Back Door Slam or Davey Knowles & back door slam...whatever they call themselves now.

I play Rockin The Fillmore at least once a week

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:47 am

I used to have his greatest hits on tape, but never bothered or cared to upgrade. I do however love hs work in the Faces. Their box set is a frequent spinner for me. I liked his work in the early years with Jeff Beck as well. That's another that I need to get on cd.

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Yeah, I realized I never upgraded any of that to cd.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:31 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:03 pm

James B. wrote:
chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

If you like Humble Pie..check out Back Door Slam or Davey Knowles & back door slam...whatever they call themselves now.

I play Rockin The Fillmore at least once a week

Like... I love The Pie... check the Avatar. Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_smile I was listening to Eat It yesterday.

I used to have a shirt that looked like the one PF wears in one of the Fillmore photos. Like a dork, I wore it a lot, especially when air guitarin' to that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Like a dork you wore it or, you wore it like a dork? It's a fine line there. Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Like a dork you wore it or, you wore it like a dork? It's a fine line there. Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_biggrin

Rod Stewart anyone? Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rod Stewart anyone?   Rod Stewart anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rod Stewart anyone?
Page 1 of 1