Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free CD contest

Go down 
+8
SideShowDisaSter
Taibhse
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
Stender
Fat Freddy
troublemagnet
12 posters
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 pm

I recently bought the remastered version of Exodus's Bonded By Blood ,so I have no use for the Combat/Torrid version (red cover).Post : 1.Why you want this CD. 2. Your all time favorite metal band, and why you like them, no more than a regular size paragraph. 3.Favorite color and favorite color to wear.4.This is the tough one. Name a division in the US Army active within the last fifty years and what is interesting about your unit. National Guard and US Army Reserve are accepted.Bonus for posting the most unusual pic of your favorite. Only can mail to continental U.S. I'll Announce the winner July,5th 2010.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:46 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
what is interesting about your unit.

Say that again?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

Say that again?

I got a pretty unique mole down there...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Stender wrote:

The one that's shaped like Eleanor Roosevelt, right? You really need to get that looked at, man.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Exodus? No thanks. I don't go for that mainstream, bland, pedestrian boring type of metal. Think outside the box, man, don't become a lemming and let society dictate what you'll listen to.

BIEBER FEVER!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

The one that's shaped like Eleanor Roosevelt, right? You really need to get that looked at, man.

yeah, that was a little parting gift from her back when we had our thing in 32'.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:23 am

troublemagnet wrote:
1.Why you want this CD.

I don't want this CD. I guess I won't get it.. Free CD contest Icon_neutral

troublemagnet wrote:

Take everything that's ever been interesting from the entire history of the universe, multiply by 42, and add a spiffy black cape.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
1.Why you want this CD.

I don't want this CD. I guess I won't get it.. Free CD contest Icon_neutral

troublemagnet wrote:

Take everything that's ever been interesting from the entire history of the universe, multiply by 42, and add a spiffy black cape.

...did someone mention a "spliffy"?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Wow, just wow!

Metal Conspiracist

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:16 pm

Kmorg is in the lead!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:59 pm

We all die, there can be no winner.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:18 am

I'm in the lead, and I already own the darn CD. C'mon peeps! It's a free CD!

I'll move this thread to see if it garners any more interest.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Taibhse

Number of posts : 40

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:12 am

1. Meh

2. Bathory, because Free CD contest 11840

3. Black as a piece of coal at the bottom of a tar pit at midnight

4. I'm assuming that the National Guard is interesting because they guard national things.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 am

I've been disqualified by your nationalistic rules! You must hate other countries. I'm a poor American boy lost in this strange land called Australia and you rule me out simply because of my location?!

Just for that, I'm not gonna tell you about my unit! There! What do think of that?! That's right, I showed you!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:46 am

OK I will give it a shot:

1) Because it is on my want list and free is always better and also needed to upgrade my unplayable cassette tape version that I have owned since Reagan was in the White House

2)If I had to choose one metal band it would be Deep Purple, because they are one of the pioneers of the genre, Blackmore is my fav Guitarist and it has featured three of best vocalist in rock history, Ian Gillan, David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes

3)US Army, because my father was a Korean war vet,

and here is a rare pic of Alice when he was part of the Special Forces:

Free CD contest 1209coo
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:41 am

1.) Because its a thrash masterpiece, and thrash is my favorite metal subgenre

2.) Probably Rush. The musicianship of Rush is totally outstanding Geddy is a bass pioneer, Alex does things with his guitar that are so incredibly unique and hard to copy, and Neil is a beast. I love Neil's lyrics, and the songwriting on the earlier releases is prime. Awesome band.

3.) Army, my grandfather fought in WWII (North African theater), and I think he fought in the Army.

Edit: WHOOPS, forgot the favorite color thing. Favorite color: blue
Favorite color to wear: black, because most metal t shirts are black with a graphic.
Back to top Go down
Taibhse
Metal novice
Metal novice
Taibhse

Number of posts : 40

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 pm

I live in Europe, by the way. I guess that rules me out, too.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Why would you want to ditch that cd? Does that remaster have the same picture on the back??

Who can forget Baloff in his tube socks, daisey dukes, and Piper's Pit muscle shirt!

Free CD contest 201269
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Joe wrote:
Why would you want to ditch that cd? Does that remaster have the same picture on the back??

Who can forget Baloff in his tube socks, daisey dukes, and Piper's Pit muscle shirt!

Free CD contest 201269
You know your right! I actually borrowed the BBB remaster from a friend, ripped his, and received my unopened copy (which hasn't been open yet) I guess I'll scan that picture before I mail it off to the winner.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Why I want it? I like exodus and I dint have any of them so far. 2 fave metal band savatage and metal church, music has to be good and bring some possitibe message at least. 3. Red and white look very nice in almost anything. 4. Us army? No one
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:11 am

I'm in Europe too! Laughing

Free CD contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free CD contest   Free CD contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free CD contest
Page 1 of 1