Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
SwordsChains
sidmaximus
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
Wurthless
Nico
DeathCult
ZetaReticuli
Gilbert
TheDoctor'sScarf
Joe
Jesusandmetal23
Zdan
Dave the Boss
chewie
sheets
metalken
kmorg
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 am

I love ABIGAIL and find it to be very creepy headbanger
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I like the new re-recorded Evil single that Mercyful Fate released Cool
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:18 am

Anyone know who sang the female part on "Them"?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:21 am

There was a female singing on them?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Just picked this up today:

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 200px-Dangerous_Meeting

Ladies & gentlemen, my FIRST official King Diamond purchase.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Haha congratulations. You get a little King and some Mercyful Fate. Pretty good comp.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:40 pm

I am greatly digging it...all the stuff that used to put me off about KD I now love....weird.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I am greatly digging it...all the stuff that used to put me off about KD I now love....weird.

You had the exact opposite experience I had. Loved King Diamond as a teenager, but I have a really hard time taking him seriously now.

I'm not taking him seriously now...I think I was taking him too seriously at first, especially vocally. He was never a Dickinson/Tate technician (in my mind) and always sounded "thin" (I used to say). I used to bust his balls for singing "falsetto" (I was cocky) and didn't rate him as highly as people like Dickinson, Tate or Halford. Plus, I bought into all the church hype of him being a soldier of Satan out to steal the souls of children.

Nowadays, I see him as a stylist...his delivery and presence are fantastic! And his stories are very creative...like listening to an old Vincent Price movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

I tried to reply and accidentally deleted my post...

Believe me, I'm not knocking him at all. He is a stylist and storyteller and I'm sure he's 100% serious about his art. It's just not something I can enjoy these days.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just picked this up today:

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 200px-Dangerous_Meeting

Ladies & gentlemen, my FIRST official King Diamond purchase.

That was my first official KD purchase as well. Gotten 2 or 3 others since then, but he's still an aquired taste to me. I can only take that falsetto for so long. Glad you like it.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You had the exact opposite experience I had. Loved King Diamond as a teenager, but I have a really hard time taking him seriously now.

I'm not taking him seriously now...I think I was taking him too seriously at first, especially vocally. He was never a Dickinson/Tate technician (in my mind) and always sounded "thin" (I used to say). I used to bust his balls for singing "falsetto" (I was cocky) and didn't rate him as highly as people like Dickinson, Tate or Halford. Plus, I bought into all the church hype of him being a soldier of Satan out to steal the souls of children.

Nowadays, I see him as a stylist...his delivery and presence are fantastic! And his stories are very creative...like listening to an old Vincent Price movie.

He's really not for everyone but if you give it a chance it grows on you. I didn't like him at first either until I started getting really into the stories and wanting to know more about him. Before I knew it I owned everything I could get my hands on haha.

You can't really compare him to guys Dickinson because he's not that kind of style at all. He's a whole different thing with using growling vocals even at times using his regular voice. Once you can get past that you get used to it and see theres really more to it.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

He's really not for everyone but if you give it a chance it grows on you. I didn't like him at first either until I started getting really into the stories and wanting to know more about him. Before I knew it I owned everything I could get my hands on haha.

You can't really compare him to guys Dickinson because he's not that kind of style at all. He's a whole different thing with using growling vocals even at times using his regular voice. Once you can get past that you get used to it and see theres really more to it.

Yeah, at the time (20 years ago) I compared him to others not taking into account his unique nature...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Bought Don't Break The Oath as a new release because of the cover in the imports section of the local record shop. The album floored me. The guitars of Sherman/Denner were really cool. King singing "They're gonna get themselves killed...." shot through me. The guy had a voice that can only be explained as "wake the dead metal". An errie freakin album that took things to a whole other level. I made the mistake of reading along with the music with headphones. Still think it is a great metal. One of the releases I upgraded to CD. The Death Kiss demo is pretty cool. It has King without all of the effects on his voice. I think the band had a better than even shot at making it, but getting those lyrics past the parents would not be easy. "...Your only living on borrowed time"

Ok, so King Diamond shows up and with a cool cover. What's that all about, recognized the name so I gave it a shot and yup it was the same guy. The album is really good, but it has a slightly different sound. The Mercyful Fate sound wasn't there. Found out later the band broke up. The guitars sounded cool and the band was on, and that story is something isn't it.

Up next is The Beginning. I saw this as a new release and quickly read the back cover and it said something to the effect "first album" so I bought it. Very interesting. I liked it, but it wasn't "Don't Break The Oath".

Always wanted Melissa, but could never find it, so I've never heard the album. I sorta lost interest in King Diamond when I heard a friend play "Them" and wasn't too impressed.

"Don't Break The Oath" is great. Maybe I should give the band another chance since it's been how long?

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:13 pm

of course

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:25 pm

wmcollis wrote:
Bought Don't Break The Oath as a new release because of the cover in the imports section of the local record shop. The album floored me. The guitars of Sherman/Denner were really cool. King singing "They're gonna get themselves killed...." shot through me. The guy had a voice that can only be explained as "wake the dead metal". An errie freakin album that took things to a whole other level. I made the mistake of reading along with the music with headphones. Still think it is a great metal. One of the releases I upgraded to CD. The Death Kiss demo is pretty cool. It has King without all of the effects on his voice. I think the band had a better than even shot at making it, but getting those lyrics past the parents would not be easy. "...Your only living on borrowed time"

Ok, so King Diamond shows up and with a cool cover. What's that all about, recognized the name so I gave it a shot and yup it was the same guy. The album is really good, but it has a slightly different sound. The Mercyful Fate sound wasn't there. Found out later the band broke up. The guitars sounded cool and the band was on, and that story is something isn't it.

Up next is The Beginning. I saw this as a new release and quickly read the back cover and it said something to the effect "first album" so I bought it. Very interesting. I liked it, but it wasn't "Don't Break The Oath".

Always wanted Melissa, but could never find it, so I've never heard the album. I sorta lost interest in King Diamond when I heard a friend play "Them" and wasn't too impressed.

"Don't Break The Oath" is great. Maybe I should give the band another chance since it's been how long?

Buy Melissa immediately.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Yeah, Melissa is an excellent album. It should be pretty easy to find on CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Melissa is the album I revisit most.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 pm

S.D. wrote:

I tend to play Melissa and Oath back to back, love em both!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 am

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I like to play them back to back too.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Usually I do the same as the joke man here. However I prefer Melissa as well. The time changes on that album are awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:08 pm

I haven't tried Mercyful Fate yet. I'm starting on King Diamond's Abigail and it's really a serious stuff. I love his falsetto voice and he sings like he's trying to show a stage play with different voices, I find it creepy but awesome. New stuff to my ears and I'm definitely digging this band out. \m/
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm

new stuff to your ears? Where have you been the last 30 years? lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

sidmaximus wrote:
I haven't tried Mercyful Fate yet. I'm starting on King Diamond's Abigail and it's really a serious stuff. I love his falsetto voice and he sings like he's trying to show a stage play with different voices, I find it creepy but awesome. New stuff to my ears and I'm definitely digging this band out. \m/

Start with Melissa and Don't Break The Oath - pure classics!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
sidmaximus wrote:

Start with Melissa and Don't Break The Oath - pure classics!!!!

Is that a threat? lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am

Can you suggest more similar bands? headbanger

I really like this guy's voice. Falsetto at its finest! Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 395375
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next