Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"

Go down 
+3
manny
James B.
stepcousin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Empty
PostSubject: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:51 am

I had Vandenberg's first album way back in 1982 and listened to it to death. I dont know what ever happened to my cassette but I hadnt heard it since maybe '84. I went on a road trip with a buddy a week ago or so and he had cdr with a bunch of 80's songs on it and he played "Burning Heart". I hadnt heard that song in at least 25 years. It was awesome, what a great song. I cant stop playing it and I'm gonna try to find that album.

Anybody else ever hear of/like Vandenberg?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 am

I have the s/t and Heading For A Storm on vinyl. Used to have Alibi on cassette, I believe. Saw them open for KISS ( I think....) and remember the vocalist was all over the place. The guitar player has a great tone and feel but lacks that attack a great player should posses.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:22 am

I saw Vandenburg open up for Ozzy when I was 13 on 'Speak of the Devil' tour, and used to have the self titled and 'Heading for a Storm' on vinyl, the first album was very good and the second one they where going for a more American radio sound.

I liked the songs and I can see why Adrian Vandenburg got the Whitesnake gig after listening to the songs, I do a greatest hits package that I should throw on.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 am

I remember seeing the video for "Burning Heart" on MTV a lot back in the day. Never owned any of their albums tho.

I read a great story in a History of Thrash article in Revolver mag awhile back about Metallica opening for them (!) at L'amour in Brooklyn, NY during their first trip to the East Coast. The Metallica guys were watching Vandenberg soundcheck in the afternoon and Dave Mustaine, who was already thoroughly wasted, was screaming at them "YOU SUCK! GET THE F### OFF THE STAGE!" and the other guys were trying to shush him like "dude, shut up!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 pm

I have their albums on vinyl and two compilations on cd (one is double) and some singles. I like them very much too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:20 pm

I always liked Burning Heart. The radio still plays it around here from time to time. Anyhow, I had wanted that song on cd for the longest time and was lucky enough to find the self titled used. I believe it has since been re-issued (maybe their whole catalog ?).
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Love that song and first album... I do own all three on cd now. There's a lot of Schenkerisms on the first one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 pm

chewie wrote:
There's a lot of Schenkerisms on the first one.

That is where my comment on the tone comes from, really nice. Vandenberg can't go from subtle and take off on a dime without overplaying like Schenker does. Come to think of it hardly nobody can.

PostSubject: Re: Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"   Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vandenberg 1982 S/T and the single "Burning Heart"
Page 1 of 1