Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review

Go down 
+6
mr.electric39
ultmetal
James B.
manny
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Empty
PostSubject: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:21 am

Wednesday I finally saw Bruce with Maiden. Not the best seats but standing on my toes and moving to an open seat, I was able to enjoy the concert and with the occasional view of the monitors behind me I was able to see everything well. Dream Theater opened the show with As I Am and blasted through a short but awesome set of songs that also included A Rite Of Passage, Home, Constant Motion, Panic Attack, & Pull Me Under as the finale. Petrucci, Portnoy, and Rudess tore their instruments up and really impressed my friend Bob and of course Myung was no slouch either though there were no bass solos anywhere to be found. LaBrie's voice was the best it has been in a long time, his voice held up for all the songs. My only complaint was that there set was too short, but again, they are just the opening act.

After a song I didn't recognize that came right before Maiden (it was not like the intermission where the play other songs, it was at concert volume), the Irons opened up with The Wickerman and followed with Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Elderado (from the new album), Paschendale, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, These Colors Don't Run, Blood Brothers, Wildest Dreams, No More Lies, Brave New World, Fear Of The Dark, and Iron Maiden. Of course it wasn't over just yet because then came the traditional encore and included Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, and to end it all, Running Free. I have seen Maiden two times before this w/o Bruce and the energy was no where close to what it was this time. Not only did I finally get to see and hear Bruce I got to hear him better than any live recording has ever captured. His energy level was also quite amazing as he was running around the stage the whole show and never got winded. The rest of the band was as good as ever and not much different from the other times I've seen them but Bruce's presence took it up to a whole new level. Bruce's humor was strong too. Right before Running Free Bruce put on a bobby style police helmet and told us no drinking (to which I held up my beer), no celebrating (to which I gave a loud wooo!), then asked us if we had church to go to in the morning.

I will post pictures of the shirts I got myself, the one I got my friend John, and the cups I got (I kept the one with T#OTB and gave the other two away-one to this girl from our school who is a huge Maiden fan [believe me, no romantic feelings whatsoever, she hangs out with our group] and John's mom who is also a huge Maiden fan). Unfortunatly I have no pictures from the show because I didn't have good enough seats for that, but Bob and I had a blast!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Awesome!!! Great review!!!!! Did you get the TExas Event shirt?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I'm pretty sure I do, one of the shirts has Texas 2010 The Final Frontier with an alien holding the Texas and British flags on the back with the 3 texas dates and on the front, Eddie in the cockpit of a jet with two others flying around him, one of them says Texas Fort Worth (in reference to the Naval Air Base there).

They had an awesome shirt with the Fear Of The Dark artwork in red but it was a long sleeve and cost $50.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Great review!!!! I was surprised how many songs they played from their newer albums, it sounds like it was a kick ass concert
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:34 pm

right on DB !!!!

seems you had alot of fun

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 am

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I'm pretty sure I do, one of the shirts has Texas 2010 The Final Frontier with an alien holding the Texas and British flags on the back with the 3 texas dates and on the front, Eddie in the cockpit of a jet with two others flying around him, one of them says Texas Fort Worth (in reference to the Naval Air Base there).

They had an awesome shirt with the Fear Of The Dark artwork in red but it was a long sleeve and cost $50.

Yep - that's it!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 am

Saw this show last night. I've seen Maiden 4 or 5x over the years and they never disappoint. Last night was no exception.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Disappointed I had to miss 'em this time through no $$$$ and couldn't score a press pass.... Oh Welll....

I really dig their song selection. Nice to hear a lot of stuff off of the last 3-4 albums. Seriously how many times do you need to hear the Trooper or Run to the Hills....?

Sounds like it was a KILLER SHOW>>>>>!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:57 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Seriously how many times do you need to hear the Trooper or Run to the Hills....?

Yeah, but when it's your first time seeing Bruce live you want to hear the songs your most familiar with. But for you long timers I can understand that metality.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:34 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
Seriously how many times do you need to hear the Trooper or Run to the Hills....?

Yeah, but when it's your first time seeing Bruce live you want to hear the songs your most familiar with. But for you long timers I can understand that metality.

I understand. The first time I saw them I wanted to hear that stuff too. I'm sure they'll be back in time and play those favorites again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:39 am

i just came back and it was my second time seeing them. the set list was the same i think. I didn't like to hear the new songs, I wanted to see them play the old songs just like somewhere in time tour.

I enjoyed more dream theater's performance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

I too was at this show last night !Smile It was awesome. Dream Theater was very entertaining. Their drummer was really fun to watch. Standing up and sitting down so many times while playing really great!!!! Sounded terrific. Iron Maiden rocked!!! HARD!!! They never slowed down. Bruce sounded in better in person. No kidding!!! Lots of new stuff and I loved every minute. So glad I went!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Welcome, Donna!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

PNC and MSG were both great with MSG being the better of the two show!!! Since I was on the barrier just stage right to Bruce, I am sure that helped!!!!! Awesome, awesome concert!!!!

Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Dscn1310
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Just saw this show at Blossom in Cleveland last night. Fantastic show! DB, they substituted "Dance of Death" for "Paschendale" and threw in "ghost of the Navigator" and "Wrathchild," but otherwise a very similar setlist. I took my 17 year-old and 12 year-old sons (and the 17 year-old's girlfriend) and a good time was had by all! I've never seen anyone command the stage like Bruce! He is amazing!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:20 am

They also did Paschendale and Ghost Of The Navigator when I was there but not Wrathchild.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Saw them on Tuesday and we got Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, and Wrathchild. Seems like the rest of the setlist is consistent except for those three slots?

It was my first time seeing them live and I was not disappointed as the band sounded really on-point and Bruce's voice was in great shape throughout.

I see what people mean about Janick's stage antics. My wife looked at him shortly into the show and asked me, "What's wrong with that guy?" I figure it's all in good fun, though Smile

My wife and I wanted t-shirts but we didn't get them because they were sold out of our sizes by the time we got there.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:13 pm

sheets wrote:
Saw them on Tuesday and we got Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, and Wrathchild. Seems like the rest of the setlist is consistent except for those three slots?

It was my first time seeing them live and I was not disappointed as the band sounded really on-point and Bruce's voice was in great shape throughout.

I see what people mean about Janick's stage antics. My wife looked at him shortly into the show and asked me, "What's wrong with that guy?" I figure it's all in good fun, though Smile

My wife and I wanted t-shirts but we didn't get them because they were sold out of our sizes by the time we got there.

You where at the DC show? Darn, I was there too!! AWESOME AWESOME show!!!! I was on the rail on Jannick's side.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:45 pm

We were a little ways behind you, in section 101, I think. We got there right at 7:30, got our umbrellas out to get to our seats, and then got drenched anyway because the freaking rain and wind were so crazy Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 pm

sheets wrote:
We were a little ways behind you, in section 101, I think. We got there right at 7:30, got our umbrellas out to get to our seats, and then got drenched anyway because the freaking rain and wind were so crazy Smile

Nice seats!!!!!! I was already on the barrier at the point. The rain cooled off the pit nicely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review   Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dallas Black's Dream Theater & Iron Maiden Concert Review
Page 1 of 1