Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.

Go down 
+2
Lari
Smindas
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Empty
PostSubject: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I remember when this came out - great song, utterly appalling video. Also, Touched By The Crimson King never quite appealed to me as much as the first record.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 pm

How strange. I was just listening to this album today.

I liked both Demons & Wizards albums. Took me some time to fully appreciate the first one, but I think I like it slightly better.

Heaven Denies and Poor Man's Crusade are my favourite tracks. Dorian is a great track from Crimson King, but I always thought they should have left out the Led Zep cover or use it as a bonus track and include Lunar Lament or Spatial Architechts on the main disc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Great band. They're about due for a new record aren't they? Lately I find myself listening to Demons & Wizards more often than any of the recent Iced Earth or Blind Guardian output.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I hope so, love this stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Hmmmmm, I'll have to revisit those 2 Demons & Wizards albums. Don't remember them being blown away with them, but that tune sounds pretty good.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Lari wrote:
How strange. I was just listening to this album today.

I liked both Demons & Wizards albums. Took me some time to fully appreciate the first one, but I think I like it slightly better.

Heaven Denies and Poor Man's Crusade are my favourite tracks. Dorian is a great track from Crimson King, but I always thought they should have left out the Led Zep cover or use it as a bonus track and include Lunar Lament or Spatial Architechts on the main disc.
Yeah, that cover and the slow version of "Wicked Witch" should have been the bonus tracks. "Spacial Architects" and "Lunar Lament" are way too good to not be on the normal version. The cover is weak.

Great album, though. Not as good as the debut, but still damn good. I still think the production is too thin, which I think about all the Iced Earth albums since Horror Show. Jon doesn't know how to get that thick sound from Pro Tools. It's unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:17 pm

I've not (yet) read Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but I found out recently that the Crimson King album is based on it. Sort of a concept album. With Hansi and Jon's penchant for dark fantasy, that makes sense. And I apologize if everyone else knew this already! Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
I've not (yet) read Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but I found out recently that the Crimson King album is based on it. Sort of a concept album. With Hansi and Jon's penchant for dark fantasy, that makes sense. And I apologize if everyone else knew this already! Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_lol
It's not a concept album, but a few songs are indeed based on King's Dark Tower series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.   Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hansi and Jon kick your teeth in.
Page 1 of 1