Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]

Go down 
+54
XYZ
SlaytanicPOWER
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Grimmo
Required Fields
Doomdance
Leatherface
rattpoison
Dave the Boss
ryanmetalman
jksilvi
metallicleora
dirtracin1
akeldama
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
snooloui
Pantera
Sutekh
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Olafsto
manny
Stender
thejokeriv
Schbopo
krokus
Rex
7thSaviour
nevermore
Thrasher73
Wargod
MetalGuy71
chewie
fingers
Troublezone
Eyesore
Jesusandmetal23
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
the sentinel
Shiney
scottmitchell74
JBall_Z
DallasBlack
jstate
Joe
Metal Misfit
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Zdan
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Zdan wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Hahahaha I always like/hated tool. After years of not paying any attention to them at all I heard Vicarious and really liked the song. So much that I went out and actually bought the album and thought it was pretty good. I since bought everything else. I don't know what bothered me so much about them so long ago. Maybe my brother did it because he would play them non stop and it seemed like everyone in the world liked tool back in high school and I just had to be different haha. I like them now though.

The problem people have with Tool is that they try to judge them by metal or some casual rock standards. I find that this does not work with Tool - people expect rock onslaughts of riffs from those guys and while in the beginning of their sound this might make some sense now it just does not. Sure they bring on the heavy sometimes and when they do it's rockin' as all hell but I just find them a intricate, progressive if heavy on the ambiance rock band. Kinda like a modern King Crimson - it can be heavy but it's also spacey, atmospheric and mellow.

I like Aenima. A lot. Bought several of their others and decided they're just too prog for me. A modern, heavier King Crimson is a good comparison IMO. Don't like that band either.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I love King Crimson to bits (all of their work, even the more out-there jazzy ambient albums) and Tool channel a lot of KC in their music so it's fine for me. I don't expect an all-out rock assault when I listen to Tool so I don't mind the ambient soundscapes and interludes. Also the rhytm section in Tool is beyond amazing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm uber-picky when it comes to prog; I dislike most of the so-called greats.

I can appreciate the musicianship but generally I find that prog songs just aren't memorable enough for me.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 pm

I tried listening to King Crimson. I really liked the song Court Of The Crimson King. I bought a few albums and I had to get rid of them because I just could not like it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Journey - Greatest Hits
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm

I tried listening to King Crimson. I really liked the song Court Of The Crimson King. I bought a few albums and I had to get rid of them because I just could not like it.

I love King Crimson. I also love Yes.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Today:

Shutdown - Few And Far Between **
Slammin' Gladys - Slammin' Gladys **

** From SwapaCD.com
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 pm

FYI:

I'm actually kinda liking L.A. Guns' American Hardcore...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm not a prog guy but I think "21st Century Schizoid Man" is awesome. It's the closing song on Guitar Hero 5. Never heard it before that.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

I'm not a prog guy but I think "21st Century Schizoid Man" is awesome. It's the closing song on Guitar Hero 5. Never heard it before that.

I don't have a problem with prog. I like bands like Rush, Dream Theater, Tool, Symphony X, not too many older prog bands. I had a big problem with the 80's King Crimson cds. Way too cheesey sounding the other stuff just didn't hold up for me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Soulfly - Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:44 am

Crimson is all about the improv, so their live recordings are generally better than their studio counterparts. The improvisational element is the main reason I dig them...and also what makes them hard to take by some.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 am

Rush - Replay x3 got it for 70 Australian dollars and pretty hard to get since it is an import from US and A. An essential dvd set for Rush fans it has show of hands, exit stage left and Grace Under pressure tour havent seen it yet I have read some reviews that a few people complained about the graphics and the sound but I am sure I am in for a Rush treatTODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 RURE005000A2L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 am

That's a nice set. No reason to complain about the quality, videos were shot in 4:3 aspect ratio (and the Exit Stage Left video shows signs of age)...but the sound quality is excellent throughout (a little bass heavy on ESL).

Nice to get the audio CD as an extra. I bought this set the week it came out.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:35 am

Courtesy of scottmitchell74: (They arrived Tuesday)
Empire - Chasing Shadows
Evergry - Torn
Imagika - Soft Burns

Courtesy Of iTunes:
Rush - Caravan (These two songs are awesome!!!!)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:58 am

Marty Friedman - Dragon's Kiss
Primal Fear - Metal Is Forever (thanks S)

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Hell Bent Forever - A Tribute To Judas Priest TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:09 pm

MUCKY PUP- "A Boy In A Man's World/Now"

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Shiney wrote:
MUCKY PUP- "A Boy In A Man's World/Now"

Cool stuff. Funny thrash/hardcore.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:54 pm

In the mail
Trouble - Run To The Light

From Hastings
Uriah Heep - Sonic Origami
UFO - Sharks & The Monkey Puzzle
Nightingale - Alive Again
Dramarama - box office bomb....plus
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Black Majesty - In Your honour, digi & jewel!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 pm

A twist in the Myth- Blind Guardian
Terminate Damnation- Becoming The Archetype
The world is a thorn- Demon Hunter
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 am

Today:

ZZ Top - El Loco

Got that from MusicBoomerang.com. Haven't used them in a while, but they still seem like a great site. Created by lala refugees. Lala is gone now, by the way.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:45 am

detuned wrote:
That's a nice set. No reason to complain about the quality, videos were shot in 4:3 aspect ratio (and the Exit Stage Left video shows signs of age)...but the sound quality is excellent throughout (a little bass heavy on ESL).

Nice to get the audio CD as an extra. I bought this set the week it came out.

I have seen Grace Under Pressure Tour and its amazing I even prefer the live version of Witch Hunt to the studio out take since it has more intensity and rawness. I actually think the graphics and sound on the dvd were pretty good by 1984 standards ok the brightness is abit high but who cares! as Lars/James said on the text of Cliff em all "The feeling and sound is there and thats what matters!!"
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Nevermore- The Obsidian Conspiracy (limited edition w/T shirt) TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 11840
Tarot- Gravity Of Light
Poison Black- Of Rust And Bones

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next