Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Siena Root - full concert on youtube

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Siena Root - full concert on youtube Empty
PostSubject: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:43 am

One of my new favorite bands...of course they are from Sweden, almost every band I like is from Sweden. This video features the "Kaleidoscope" lineup, with Sanya on lead vocals...she sounds amazing on here, really captured the power of her voice. Some really cool tracks in the middle where the guitarist switches to Hammond organ for a few tunes.

This link "should" send you to a youtube playlist. It's the full show plus a few other killer clips I added on the end. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/user/detunedtx#grid/user/FD8009FF4C26E442
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:12 pm

That was the best era for that band. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 am

The jury is still out on these guys for me. Sometimes it sounds righteous, other times, it's a little too "out there, hippy-dippy" for my tastes. Good band, just not sure it's something that I'd listen to on a regualr basis. Detuned's gotta a pretty strong track recod for band recomendations though, so I might have to hear a little more from thes cool cats from Sweden.

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:16 am

Most of these type of bands take a few spins to really sink in. There is alot of layers to Siena Root and it takes awhile to get the big picture.

The other thing that makes it difficult to grasp at first is that they have recorded 4 full length albums and every album has a different vocalist!

A New Day Dawning has a male vocalist, each album since has been a different female vocalist.

My favorite albums are Different Realities (the latest) and Kaleidoscope. The only album I haven't warmed up to is "Far From The Sun". That album I think the vocalist is sub par and it's the only one that comes off as overly calculated, it doesn't have the same organic vibe the rest of the albums have.

After seeing quite a few live clips though, I'm convinced that's the best method of hearing this band, it's all about the interplay between the core trio and that really shines in a live setting.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 pm

detuned wrote:
Most of these type of bands take a few spins to really sink in. There is alot of layers to Siena Root and it takes awhile to get the big picture.

The other thing that makes it difficult to grasp at first is that they have recorded 4 full length albums and every album has a different vocalist!

A New Day Dawning has a male vocalist, each album since has been a different female vocalist.

That's right. For example I rave about the band, yet I don't care for their latest (Different Realities-too much jamming, not enough vocals). Depending on which song/album, they can sound like Deep Purple, Janis Joplin, Tea Party, or Hawkwind. I'd like to see them focus on the song based stuff, but they seem to be going in the other direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:34 pm

See, I'm more a fan of the jamming aspect, so the focus on instrumentals on the latest album is right up my particular alley. The core group plays so tightly together, I could go see an all-instrumental set and be thrilled. It was the quality of that record which got me looking backwards and investigating the rest of their career.

I think the "song focus" of Far From The Sun is why I don't like that album as much.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 2:08 pm

It's crazy how my tastes have changed. I've been a fan of this band for a few years thanks to Detuned but before I was more a fan of the different realities 'jam' sound over the 60s/70s hard rock sound. Listening to New day dawning for the first time in a minute gots me the opposite now. This band is great anyways, I haven't heard the most recent album and will probably check it out soon.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Siena Root is a great band and the first Retro band I really got into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siena Root - full concert on youtube   Siena Root - full concert on youtube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siena Root - full concert on youtube
Page 1 of 1