Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the gamers...

Go down 
+10
powermacho
Fat Freddy
Pantera
Zdan
Stender
MetalRob331
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
Jesusandmetal23
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 pm

I am thinking of buying Super Mario Galaxy 2. I pretty much gave up video games, except for a Star Wars game here and there. But, being the fan of Nintendo I am, and given the stellar reviews this game got, I actually MIGHT buy it. What do you gamers think?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Go for it. The first one was awesome. I plan on picking it up in a few months, I've got too many games I need to beat first and the Wii has taken a backseat to my PS3 since I bought it last fall.

I don't know if you're familiar with IGN family of sites but they're pretty well respected for their game reviews. They gave Galaxy 2 a 10/10 and said it's one of the best games of this generation and certainly the best Wii game.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Get Metroid Prime 3 while you're at it, being a sci-fi fan. For the gamers... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I don't know. I've pretty much given up on nintendo. The Wii was fun for a while but the controller just got annoying over time. I just want to hold a controller in my hand and play a game not get "excersize". I'm always playing XBox 360. Mostly Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 even though I totally suck at it. Once in a while I get some good matches going but other times its just bad haha.

I used to be able to play games all the time and actually finish them. Now its sort of a rare thing. I'll either play them and get bored halfway through or beat it and not really play it again. COD is really addicting though. Mario lost its appeal to me. The mario game on N64 was the last good one, Mario sunshine wasn't too bad.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't know. I've pretty much given up on nintendo. The Wii was fun for a while but the controller just got annoying over time. I just want to hold a controller in my hand and play a game not get "excersize". I'm always playing XBox 360. Mostly Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 even though I totally suck at it. Once in a while I get some good matches going but other times its just bad haha.

I used to be able to play games all the time and actually finish them. Now its sort of a rare thing. I'll either play them and get bored halfway through or beat it and not really play it again. COD is really addicting though. Mario lost its appeal to me. The mario game on N64 was the last good one, Mario sunshine wasn't too bad.

MW2 is amazing I used to run ppl off that game. They would call me every name there is. Camper, Glitcher, Modder, Hacker, when in all reality I was just sniping and dropping NUKES...

As far as SMG2 goes, game looks amazing
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:13 pm

I've heard great things about it, but I dont really dig wii either.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 pm

I'va had the firs tone, AMAZING game. I also had MP3 for a while. I will likely never play a call of duty game ever again. The thing is, I dont really play games anymore, I think I may buy this one though because of the rave reviews and I LOVE Mario games.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I don't like the Wii controller so I chose a PS3 down the line. And I say I love that sucker - Uncharted 2, Darksiders, Infamous and lots of amazing RPG's to be had.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:13 pm

You see Zdan, I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I wont buy either PS3 or Xbox. I like the oldschool feel of nintendo titles, and I also like real oldschool games.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Zdan wrote:
I don't like the Wii controller so I chose a PS3 down the line. And I say I love that sucker - Uncharted 2, Darksiders, Infamous and lots of amazing RPG's to be had.

I played a demo of Darksiders while severley incapacitated one night at a friends and I thought it was AWESOME. It feels like devil may cry meets zelda twilight princess. For the gamers... Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Pantera
Metal novice
Metal novice
Pantera

Number of posts : 52

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm

I play Call of Duty online almost daily on PS3. I do like NCAA Football and Tiger Woods too, but I play them only sporadically.

If you like the online interaction there is no better game than Call of Duty IMO.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Pantera wrote:
I play Call of Duty online almost daily on PS3. I do like NCAA Football and Tiger Woods too, but I play them only sporadically.

If you like the online interaction there is no better game than Call of Duty IMO.

I'll say it again, I am no hardcore gamer, and im not interested in online gaming at all. I used to play call of duty, but its just not fun for me anymore. I do live the Nintendo titles though.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Stender wrote:
Zdan wrote:

I played a demo of Darksiders while severley incapacitated one night at a friends and I thought it was AWESOME. It feels like devil may cry meets zelda twilight princess. For the gamers... Icon_cool

Infamous is kinda lika that. A demonic version of Zelda and some Devil May Cry too. And it has Mark Hamil voiceacting a sly demon. What's not to like?!

And jesusandmetal23: I am an oldschool gamer too but I love the RPG/action games on the PS3. The Wii is seriously lacking in rpg's for me. And the don't get me started on the Xbox - no red ring of death for me please.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
I also like real oldschool games.

Did someone say old school? Then you need one'a these babies:

For the gamers... 61YwM-s4%2BTL._SL500_AA300_

$19.99 at Toys-R-Us. Plugs right into the TV, no cartridges required. Ya gots yer Pac-Man (plus several variations, i.e. Super Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Pac & Pal, etc.), yer DigDug, yer Galaxian, yer Pole Position, yer Galaga, and a bunch of other '80s goodies. I love this stinkin' thing. Best twenty bucks I've spent in a while.

I've become quite the Galaga fiend since I got this thing. I was never much good at that game back in the day but I pretty much kick major ass on it now. Laughing

...on the other hand, even though I've been playing it for 20 something years, i STILL suck at Galaxian to this very day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Yeah Fat Fred, I would LOVE to get my hands on that thing. It even comes with an oldschool joystick!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:23 pm

if you don't have the first mario game for WII, get the new one instead. The new one has a bigger world to explore, has yoshi, and is better design than the last one. Also The first mario had some problems with the camera that got me dizziness. It is said that the camera issues are firex for the new one.

Since I have the old one, and haven't finished it up. I wont get it. But I am waiting for the new ZELDA game, and I also will get the old ZELDA game for WII, that was designed for GAMECUBE.

I recently bought the wii fit plus and it is a lot of fun. I am waiting that nintendo comes with more games for that thing. maybe a mario party 9?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
I am thinking of buying Super Mario Galaxy 2. I pretty much gave up video games, except for a Star Wars game here and there. But, being the fan of Nintendo I am, and given the stellar reviews this game got, I actually MIGHT buy it. What do you gamers think?

Fun game! Picked it up for the "kids" to play. My son likes it too. Personally, I like New Super Mario Bros. Wii better, but it's a fun game!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 pm

The PS3 discussion is funny, because a year ago I wouldn't have considered getting one and still didn't have enough reasons to upgrade from PS2. Now it's the only newer system I'd get besides the Wii, which yet eludes me as I throw money at musical gear and credit card companies. 360? Sorry, didn't like the original, don't like the sequel. The controller is a crime to humanity, the Halo games are overrated, and it breaks for no reason.

I want to try out that new Mario too, and insofar as classic gaming VS more modern gaming of the time, all the best Mario games have always blended those things with dazzling results.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:35 am

A year ago I would not look at the PS3 at all. The game selection was not up to par for me and there were only a couple I would really love to play. Now - with Darksiders, Infamous, Final Fantasy XIII, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, the wrestling games there is A LOT to choose from.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 am

I'm a total nerd so I've got a PS2, PS3, 360, Wii, and a PSP....

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The controller is a crime to humanity

That's how I feel about the Playstation controllers. It's like they're made for smaller Japanese hands and then they line every millimeter of the controller with buttons - it literally cramps my hands up in seconds to use them.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:08 pm

I think the PS controllers are adequate, but any imperfections in design really just show the difference between the experience of a multi-peripheral giant like Sony in the gaming world, and the complete expertise of a company such as Nintendo or even the late Sega hardware developing branch, who both fine tuned their designs over years and years and years so that after a certain point we just expected a top-of-the-line controller, and we got it from those companies. Sony and Microsoft are still sort of toddlers by comparison, it'll take a couple more systems and some more passion for the industry before they churn out something as good as say the N64 pad.

I have huge hands and the Xbox controllers are still horrendous to me. The big or small kind, it doesn't matter. The configurations are terrible with FPS and action/adventure stuff.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:23 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think the PS controllers are adequate, but any imperfections in design really just show the difference between the experience of a multi-peripheral giant like Sony in the gaming world, and the complete expertise of a company such as Nintendo or even the late Sega hardware developing branch, who both fine tuned their designs over years and years and years so that after a certain point we just expected a top-of-the-line controller, and we got it from those companies. Sony and Microsoft are still sort of toddlers by comparison, it'll take a couple more systems and some more passion for the industry before they churn out something as good as say the N64 pad.

I have huge hands and the Xbox controllers are still horrendous to me. The big or small kind, it doesn't matter. The configurations are terrible with FPS and action/adventure stuff.
totally agree, sega and nintendo had some great controlers. Play station controlers look nice but are bit to wide, I which sega would go back and do a new console. Dream cast was ahead of it's time with their well polished graphics
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 am

My wife just picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii tonight, and she played it when we got home. It looked like a typical Mario game to me, if you like the others, I'm sure this one will give you hours of enjoyment.

Myself, I just discovered the Crazy Mini Golf 2 the other night, and that game has me pulling my hair out. FRUSTRATING! my best is a 77 in the Halloween Hills course. a 73 is par, that hole 11 is a pain in the aspirin bottle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the gamers... Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the gamers...   For the gamers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the gamers...
Page 1 of 1