Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool Queensryche News

Go down 
+9
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
TrogDawn
mc666
mr.electric39
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 am

sounds interesting but this band has never really interested me a great deal.
although they are touring the uk soon with thin lizzy! since when did thin lizzy get back together. i thought phil lynott (or whatever his surname was ) was dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:02 am

TheGooch wrote:
sounds interesting but this band has never really interested me a great deal.
although they are touring the uk soon with thin lizzy! since when did thin lizzy get back together. i thought phil lynott (or whatever his surname was ) was dead

Phil Lynott died in 1982. The current Thin Lizzy has John Sykes (ex Whitesnake/Blue Murder) singing and playing bass in his place. Supposedly they're quite good and do the old material well, but I haven't heard it myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:42 am

Because John Sykes is a badass! I wish he'd joined Def Leppard instead of Vivian Campbell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:13 pm

JOHN SYKES F***ING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 2:38 am

Man, these old demos sound NOTHING like the originals. I know they're Myth demos (at least some of them), so I can see why they're different, but "Take Hold Of The Flame," for instance, is a fast metal tune here, nothing like the mid-paced stomper like on The Warning. It's really only the same in name. The same goes for "Walk In The Shadows;" "Before The Storm" is a 3-minute scorcher, again nothing like the original.

"Waiting For The Kill" is awesome! I've had another demo of this track for years, and it starts out like the end of "Before The Storm" (The Warning version), or the beginning of "Child Of Fire," and then kicks in with a riff later used for "NM156." The verse and chorus are different, but the solo is pretty much identical. It's a killer song, though. Would have ruled as a QR song. "No Sanctuary" is pretty much the same, only here in rough demo form. "The Prophecy" is pretty much the same, just a demo of what appeared on CD.

"Justified" is the new Tate/Degarmo-penned tune, or at least unreleased. It's nothing like the old stuff, so don't expect it. Sounds like something of a studio demo to me. It doesn't sound completely produced, so my guess is that this is a b-side from the Tribe sessions when Degarmo came down and co-wrote some songs with them. It has that recent QR flavor to it. Not a bad song, but nothing amazing. The meat and potatos here are the demos and the b-sides like "Scarborough Fair" (which is amazing) and "Dirty Little Secret" and stuff. I wish they'd put "Two Miles High" on something. That was the hidden song in that QR video game they released back in the day. The only version out there is a crappy rip. It's not a great song, just a short acoustic ditty, but a good version of it would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 4:16 am

Saw this on another forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkK_kZtRo0

Some dude doing "Take Hold Of The Flame" acappella. They were making jokes, called it Redneck Kareoke, and implied it sucked. However, aside from a few off notes, this dude pretty much nailed it. Great metal voice. Add music to that and it would sound pretty killer.

EDIT: Check out his other videos. Who the hell does this crap in the car? Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Has anyone enjoyed Live At The Moore?? Imo great live......did a special and played the cds back to back on Metal Thunder.-TJ
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:31 pm

I been plannin' on buyin' this the minute it comes out for a few weeks now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:04 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Has anyone enjoyed Live At The Moore?? Imo great live......did a special and played the cds back to back on Metal Thunder.-TJ
How do they sound back to back? I assume the sound of all the songs is now consistent, but do they sound good back to back now?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:46 pm

Man! I was excited to dl those demos until I saw that this was a resurrected thread. :lol!:

For someone (me) who only really likes the old-school stuff (from Empire back), is this collection worth getting?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Saw this on another forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpkK_kZtRo0

Some dude doing "Take Hold Of The Flame" acappella. They were making jokes, called it Redneck Kareoke, and implied it sucked. However, aside from a few off notes, this dude pretty much nailed it. Great metal voice. Add music to that and it would sound pretty killer.

EDIT: Check out his other videos. Who the hell does this crap in the car? Hahaha.

Why do you guys have to make fun of me like that? Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 4:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Todd Jaymz wrote:
How do they sound back to back? I assume the sound of all the songs is now consistent, but do they sound good back to back now?

I have the cd and the dvd of Mindcrime at the Moore and it's excellent. They sound excellent back to back and it, for me anyway, ties up the story nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Man! I was excited to dl those demos until I saw that this was a resurrected thread. :lol!:

For someone (me) who only really likes the old-school stuff (from Empire back), is this collection worth getting?
I would say it's worth it for the second disc alone. Buy it the first week it's released, though, so you get a fair price.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Will do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 12:05 am

Believe it or not, this is the original version of "Before The Storm."

BEFORE THE STORM (ORIGINAL DEMO)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 10:41 am

I wasn't gonna get this, but my dj friend hooked me up with a freebie. Cool for the 2nd disc worth of material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Queensryche News   Cool Queensryche News - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Queensryche News
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2