Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Rock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Japanese Rock Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Rock   Japanese Rock Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:49 am

Anyone here like japanese rock aside from just the metal stuff? I certainly do!

Boowy is one of my favorite 80s pop-rock groups. Tomoyasu Hotei is a fantastic guitarist who has also done work with Brian Setzer and on the soundtracks of Kill Bill and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. They are one band that never really has any bad songs, and I have their complete box set. Other bands in a similar vein that I also love are Unicorn and Katze.

I also dabbled extensively in visual kei music for a while, so I know a helluvalot about those artists as well as the roots, history, etc. of it. There are alot of cheesy VK indie bands but there's alot of good ones too. My personal favorites in this field:
-Angel+Dust
-D'erlanger
-Die in Cries
-Eins:Vier
-Fanatic Crisis
-Janne da Arc
-KneuKlid Romance
-Kuroyume
-La'cryma Christi
-L'arc-en-Ciel
-Laputa
-Lastier
-Luca
-Luna Sea
-Maschera
-Of-J
-Pierrot
-Rouage
-Silver~Rose
-Sleep My Dear

I'm sure you people also may know Malice Mizer, Dir en grey, Gackt, Miyavi, etc.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Japanese Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japanese Rock   Japanese Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:41 pm

GHOST.

ok, there isn't a lot on the YouTube to give a good idea of this band...... but basically, classic rock/prog rock mix with a side of folk is the typical order. By folk I mean a lot of very native Japanese influence and instrumentation.
Back to top Go down

Japanese Rock
Page 1 of 1