Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...

Go down 
+25
Doomdance
biddle
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
Addy
manny
kmorg
powermacho
ultmetal
the sentinel
Wargod
GrandNational
stepcousin
nevermore
Stender
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
T-Roy
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
exact33
Alaskan Metalhead
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Alaskan Metalhead wrote:
Hey Everyone:

Just wanted to say hello! I'm new to registering on the forum, but not new to the forum. I've been reading this forum for quite sometime now. It kind of all started about 10 or 11 years ago when I met Robert of Ultimatum in Albuquerque at a Christian bookstore where he introduced me to Ultimatum and their music. I've been a headbanger Lo these many years and loved what I heard with the first Ultimatum cassette tape that I bought from him. I also got on the Ultimatum newsletter/magazine list and have a bunch of the old b&w mags they used to have with their music distro lists. Popped the old Ultimatum tape in and heard a dude that sounded like UDO meets Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth and was hooked immediately. That was my first listen to Scott Waters.
Through time I discovered this forum several years back when it was on the previous host website and have been a regular reader since. I've gotten a lot of excellent metal bands, places to buy music, polls, etc. from this forum and love it. Finally decided to sign up and meet some of you guys and gals out there! So...HELLO! Up here in Alaska, us metalheads are truly the "Frozen Few" but there are some of us here! Being shunned from modern society, we have little communes of igloos out on the frozen Bering Sea where we live a meager life of headbanging and living off the land! Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 331161
Have a good one everyone!
the Alaskan Metalhead
Welcome! Shout to the North! All hail the Frozen Ones!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Favorite bands should be Frozen Ghost, Iced Earth and Coldplay.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Favorite bands should be Frozen Ghost, Iced Earth and Coldplay.
Coldspell. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 911681 Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 320592 Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 84826
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Natty Ice and Schaefer are the worst brews I've ever tried.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

I find those negative beer reviews hilarious!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:25 pm

I used to drink Milwaukee's Best by the 12-pack back in the day. Of course, that was nearly 20 years ago. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 778825
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:28 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I used to drink Milwaukee's Best by the 12-pack back in the day. Of course, that was nearly 20 years ago. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 778825

Quote :
This is not beer... pale, urine colored water with just enough crap in it to give you a good headache.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Quote :
This is not beer... pale, urine colored water with just enough crap in it to give you a good headache.

That is true, but it's not the worst beer I've ever had, and i was on a much lower budget back then. I'd buy a couple albums and get cheap beer with the change. Priorities, you know. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 778825
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Quote :
A lovely blend of cereal and metal flavoring. The beer of the homeless, rednecks and freshmen.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
A lovely blend of cereal and metal flavoring. The beer of the homeless, rednecks and freshmen.
Which one was that?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Quote :
The Beast is one of the worst beers to ever grace the planet. Even when I actually enjoyed drinking pale lagers on a regular basis, I couldn’t stomach this one. It tastes like watery vomit.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Those are all Milwaukee's Best. There are 75 pages of comments out there!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
The Beast is one of the worst beers to ever grace the planet. Even when I actually enjoyed drinking pale lagers on a regular basis, I couldn’t stomach this one. It tastes like watery vomit.
Well, when it was down to water or the Beast, at least I got more of a buzz(and more of a headache) than from drinking tap water.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm

This one's classic!

Quote :
Taste is of a piece of cardboard after an obese person had it under their arms and ran a couple miles.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Dude, even *I* won't drink Milwaukee's Best/Beast. And coming from me, that says a lot. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dude, even *I* won't drink Milwaukee's Best/Beast. And coming from me, that says a lot. Laughing
To my credit, I haven't drunk that stuff since the mid-90s. I like Dos Equis and MGD 64 a lot these days. Yuengling is OK, too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:38 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Dude, even *I* won't drink Milwaukee's Best/Beast. And coming from me, that says a lot. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_lol
To my credit, I haven't drunk that stuff since the mid-90s. I like Dos Equis and MGD 64 a lot these days. Yuengling is OK, too.

MGD64 doesn't fare much better.

Quote :
Just when I thought Coors Light was the most disgusting beer on the face of the earth, along comes MGD 64. It’s awful from start to finish; a true drain pour. The color is pale yellow, has no head and no flavor qualities whatsoever. Drinking this is just about like drinking a quasi-carbonated bottle of water. Thankfully I didn’t have to pay for the bottle. I kinda stole it from my brother-in-law. Now, I wish I hadn’t. The only good thing that comes from me having one of these is that I get another review here on RB. That’s just about it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Dude, even *I* won't drink Milwaukee's Best/Beast. And coming from me, that says a lot. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_lol

MGD64 doesn't fare much better.

Quote :
Just when I thought Coors Light was the most disgusting beer on the face of the earth, along comes MGD 64. It’s awful from start to finish; a true drain pour. The color is pale yellow, has no head and no flavor qualities whatsoever. Drinking this is just about like drinking a quasi-carbonated bottle of water. Thankfully I didn’t have to pay for the bottle. I kinda stole it from my brother-in-law. Now, I wish I hadn’t. The only good thing that comes from me having one of these is that I get another review here on RB. That’s just about it.

It's a great chugging brew.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Quote :
Aroma is of a freshly opened can of bumble bee tuna. Appearance is a very pale yellow with no head. Tastes very light - like water with a touch of battery acid dropped in.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
Aroma is of a freshly opened can of bumble bee tuna. Appearance is a very pale yellow with no head. Tastes very light - like water with a touch of battery acid dropped in.
Still referring to MGD64?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Yep.

Quote :
64 calories sounds good, but you need to drink 384 calories worth to get a two beer buzz. What a waste of glass and bottle caps!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yep.
Have you ever tried one? Yuengling Light is also pretty good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:46 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Yep.

Nope. I don't need to eat a dog turd to know I wouldn't enjoy the taste.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Should I try PBR?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Yep.

Nope. I don't need to eat a dog turd to know I wouldn't enjoy the taste.
No comparison, I'm sure. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: