Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...

Go down 
+25
Doomdance
biddle
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
Addy
manny
kmorg
powermacho
ultmetal
the sentinel
Wargod
GrandNational
stepcousin
nevermore
Stender
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
T-Roy
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
exact33
Alaskan Metalhead
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Empty
PostSubject: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey Everyone:

Just wanted to say hello! I'm new to registering on the forum, but not new to the forum. I've been reading this forum for quite sometime now. It kind of all started about 10 or 11 years ago when I met Robert of Ultimatum in Albuquerque at a Christian bookstore where he introduced me to Ultimatum and their music. I've been a headbanger Lo these many years and loved what I heard with the first Ultimatum cassette tape that I bought from him. I also got on the Ultimatum newsletter/magazine list and have a bunch of the old b&w mags they used to have with their music distro lists. Popped the old Ultimatum tape in and heard a dude that sounded like UDO meets Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth and was hooked immediately. That was my first listen to Scott Waters.
Through time I discovered this forum several years back when it was on the previous host website and have been a regular reader since. I've gotten a lot of excellent metal bands, places to buy music, polls, etc. from this forum and love it. Finally decided to sign up and meet some of you guys and gals out there! So...HELLO! Up here in Alaska, us metalheads are truly the "Frozen Few" but there are some of us here! Being shunned from modern society, we have little communes of igloos out on the frozen Bering Sea where we live a meager life of headbanging and living off the land! Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 331161
Have a good one everyone!
the Alaskan Metalhead
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

welcome to posting on the board!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Salutes and hoots.

House rules state that the newb buys the next round of beers... I'll have something expensive, in a frosted glass please. And make it snappy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome!!!!! All n00bs have to buy Fat Freddy a few rounds of PBR!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Welcome to the board,I'll have what Freddy's having. Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 337331 Aloha!!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard and just get me a Dr. Pepper
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

No, no, no... it's PBR when I'm buying. When someone ELSE is buyin', we get the good stuff. Get it straight, man.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

No, no, no... it's PBR when I'm buying. When someone ELSE is buyin', we get the good stuff. Get it straight, man.
lol! we must be related some how.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Welcome to the freak show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Welcome!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:28 pm

WELCOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:35 pm

welcome bro, anything in the fridge is up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Stender wrote:
welcome bro, anything in the fridge is up for grabs.

But don't drink my Jagermeister!!!

Oh ... and the weed in the freezer is mine too!!!

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 778825 Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 778825 Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 778825
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:45 pm

Welcome aboard to the board!
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey Thanks everyone!

And for some of you fine folks, please don't forget to take your medication tomorrow; looks like some of you passed on it today! Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 82702

Thanks again!

PS: Only on holidays or special occassions would I ever break out the expensive stuff like PBR or the Milwaukee Beast!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:40 pm

welcome fellow Alaskan heagbanger!! I'm here in Anchorage (as well as FishingD is here, too). Rock on Bro!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Alaskan Metalhead wrote:
Hey Thanks everyone!

And for some of you fine folks, please don't forget to take your medication tomorrow; looks like some of you passed on it today! Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 82702

Thanks again!

PS: Only on holidays or special occassions would I ever break out the expensive stuff like PBR or the Milwaukee Beast!

ugh....that sh!t IS a beast.

by the way dude, what are some of the bands you like?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Welcome to the freak show.

freak show? That is too high class for us...

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:16 pm

Howdy, I used to live on Adak!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:25 pm

As usual, I am fashionably late, but welcome aboard brother! It's a great place to be.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Hello New Pals and Pal-ettes!

Thanks for all the kudos and shout outs! I'm digging being the "new kid on the block" here (minus that middle-aged boy band of the same name, of course).

Wargod51: Wow, did some hard time on Adak, huh? Must've been a Navy man! Smile

Stepcousin: I've talked with FishinD but now nice to meet another member of the "Frozen Few" metalheads from Alaska!

To everyone: you are all now on my Christmas card list! Thanks for the good vibes here!

Stender: Bands I like; well, there's a ton! Love American Power Metal, Heavy Metal, Melodic Metal, Heavy Prog Metal, Thrash, most Speed Metal, Hard and Gritty Rock (like Kix, Airborne, Rhino Bucket, Gun Barrel, etc.) a little bit of the epic, atomospheric Heavy metal (some Black tendencies) like Ex Deo, Opeth, Amon Amarth.

But some of the faves are Jorn, Masterplan, Annihilator, Testament, Overkill, AC/DC, Symphorce, Brainstorm, Krokus, Fates Warning, Metallium, Grave Digger, Circle II Circle, Savatage, Exodus, Gotthard, Nocturnal Rites, UDO, Accept, Manticora, Evergrey, Judas Priest, Primal Fear, Sinner, Vicious Rumors, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on and on and on...

Someone on this site always says, "Whoosh! And into the vault it goes!". Well, I have a bit of a mini vault going as I have been collecting music for quite awhile starting with cassette tapes and now CD's and DVD's. Rather proud of the mini-vault, I might add! Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... 320592
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello! Welcome bro. Glad to have you.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...   Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone: I'm a Newby (yet not really a Newby)...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: