Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!

Go down 
+7
kmorg
exact33
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
scottmitchell74
Metallic Blaze
7thSaviour
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:01 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Avantasia is my second favorite band, right after Pagan's Mind.
AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Can't get enough of these. Tobias has always wowed me with Avantasia (my first intro to him was Metal Opera II). With the exception with the first Avanatasia album (which is great but I haven't felf the desire to listen to it as much as the others) I have listened to the others so many times I can't count (not including these new ones but give them time). So many of my favorite vocalists are on these: Jorn, Russell, Jon, Kiske, Klaus, Ripper, and Tobias. As I said before Wicked Symphony is the superior of the two but they are incredible and show that Tobias has a wealth of hooks and melodies in his head and he stated in an interview that he still has plenty ideas and we haven't seen the last of Avantasia. Unfortunatly, the last Edguy album was widely dissappointing and I think he uses so many of his good ideas in Avantasia that Edguy is suffering for it (but we'll see about that when the next album is released).

BTW, just to show how big an Avantasia fan I am, I ordered a shirt all the way from Germany (spending $25 on S&H) just so I could have one-I did the same with Ayreon).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:17 pm

The last Edguy was trying to be less melodic and more straight up rock. Not bad but different from what people expect from him.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:37 am

Symphony 5/10
Angel Of Babylon 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 am

Wow, wow, wow.... These albums are blowing me away. I bought the deluxe edition when it came out, it was just so much to take in I never really gave the albums a chance. For some reason I listened to Symphony a lot more though but the last 2 days I gave then another try and I keep playing both over and over. Incredible albums. I think both are better than The Scarecrow. I'm even leaning towards Babylon being better than Symphony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:45 am

Both are great but i'm sticking with Symphony as my favorite of the two.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Neither is better than the other. Both are great, but the best track is 'Crestfallen'. I thought it was just funny the first time I heard it (what with the Donald Duck screams in the chorus and all), but now I'm just thinking it's totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Just listened to Angel of Babylon yesterday.....
And it was awesome! If you have any experience with Tobias' writing style you can almost start singing along after the first time through each song. The hooks and huge choruses stick in your head right away. Very enjoyable, now I just have to get my hands on The Wicked Symphony. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!   AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AVANTASIA's 2 New 2010 Releases!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2