Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath

Go down 
+8
manny
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Olafsto
BillRoxx
Leatherface
Temple of Blood
fingers
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 pm

I was just wandering what you all think about Jeff fehnholt's involvement in Black Sabbath? I actually beleive in Tony Iommi's side of the story. I did some research on jeff fehnholt it appears he was abit of a reputation of lying he claimed in his auto biography that his parents mistreated him and physically abused him blah blah. I get the impression Fehnholt's a real f&*kwit and for publicising about his involvement in Black Sabbath on Christian TV.
If any of you got information in regarding Fehnholt's involvement in BS that would be great and what your thoughts are on it as well
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm

It took place at a tumultuous time in the "Black Sabbath" camp, i.e. Iommi and his manager.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It took place at a tumultuous time in the "Black Sabbath" camp, i.e. Iommi and his manager.

I know it happened in the worst time in 1985
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:45 pm

I remember seeing him on tv and saying he sold millions of records. I was like "How come I've never heard of you"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 am

I have an old demo of this with Jeff singing for Sabbath!

He did a decent job on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:20 am

Jeff Who?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:59 am

He was in the band for a moment and went on acting like he's something special. I bet Ray Gillen was in the band longer...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:59 am

Yep - worked on some demos, didn't work out. He's also the guy who claims Nikki Sixx stole his stage name and claims he was the original "Nikki Sixx". The guy has a bit of an ego problem. Of ocurse, the general Evangelical audience buys his stuff hook, line and sinker.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Yep - worked on some demos, didn't work out. He's also the guy who claims Nikki Sixx stole his stage name and claims he was the original "Nikki Sixx". The guy has a bit of an ego problem. Of ocurse, the general Evangelical audience buys his stuff hook, line and sinker.

I remember seeing him on his show ramble on about "witches" that he is supposedly at odds with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:14 am

Jeff Fenholt being a part of Black Sabbath is a complete and total exaggeration and manipulation of the facts.

Jeff Fenholt auditioned to do vocals for what was intended to be Tony Iommi's solo album. He hung out for a bit, did some demos, and nothing more. Glenn Hughes eventually came in and did the vocals and it wasn't unitl after the album was turned in with Glenn on vocals that the record company forced Tony to put the Black Sabbath name on it (the album is, of course, "The Seventh Star" by Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi).

Jeff Fenholt was never, ever a full-fledged member of Black Sabbath and the fact that he still hangs on to this assertion is both dishonest and sad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 am

Quote :
Jeff Fenholt was never, ever a full-fledged member of Black Sabbath and the fact that he still hangs on to this assertion is both dishonest and sad.

And calling himself a "preacher" is even sadder... the only way for him to get his 15 minutes of fame was to go on Christian television.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

And calling himself a "preacher" is even sadder... the only way for him to get his 15 minutes of fame was to go on Christian television.

He was actually quite famous in theater circles in the 70s when he was in Jesus Christ Superstar...and he had a good voice...he just doesn't know when enough is enough...the TBN crowd ate him up with thier bare hands and he loved the attention....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

Quote :

He was actually quite famous in theater circles in the 70s when he was in Jesus Christ Superstar...and he had a good voice...he just doesn't know when enough is enough...the TBN crowd ate him up with thier bare hands and he loved the attention....

The guy is hypocritical while in a position of trust with the viewers of his show.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

The guy is hypocritical while in a position of trust with the viewers of his show.

The TBN crowd tend to be followers and believe everything on that channel......
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

S wrote:
Jeff Fenholt being a part of Black Sabbath is a complete and total exaggeration and manipulation of the facts.

Jeff Fenholt auditioned to do vocals for what was intended to be Tony Iommi's solo album. He hung out for a bit, did some demos, and nothing more. Glenn Hughes eventually came in and did the vocals and it wasn't unitl after the album was turned in with Glenn on vocals that the record company forced Tony to put the Black Sabbath name on it (the album is, of course, "The Seventh Star" by Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi).

That is full story right here and Jeff is dishonest and gives Chrisitianity a bad name.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

I have the demos Jeff sang on and they are actually pretty good. Manager Don Arden is said to have a big part in Jeff's understanding of his role in Black Sabbath. Whether those recordings were recorded under the Sabbath name or for Tony Iommi as a solo artist is up for debate. Arden is the one who approached Jeff and asked if he would like to sing in Black Sabbath. It was Arden who "suggested" Jeff to Iommi as well. Iommi apparently thinks that Jeff was never an official member and only "tried out" for the band when recording the demos.

I too remember back around 1989-90 the Word of Faith church I was attending was promoting that they were going to have former singer from Black Sabbath appearing there. I was like, Jeff who? I had been a Sabbath fan forever. I had no idea who the guy was. It really irritated me that they were promoting him like that. It would be like me saying I was former singer for Vengeance Rising. It's just a little bit misleading.

It's not really his claim that bothers me so much as the fact that he built a career on the Sabbath name, when his role in Sabbath was so very small, it should only have been a footnote on his resume, not the headline.

I know the guy isn't anywhere near as bad as people here are making him out to be. TrogDawn has some very nice things to say about him. I know he's been a blessing to many people as well.

As for the Nikki Sixx claim, I think you guys are mixing Fehnholt up with someone else. I remember that controversy clearly. I don't ever remember reading that Fehnholt claimed this. Sixx changed his name, basing it on the stage name of a Riverside, CA musician Jeff Nicholson, called "Nikki Syxx". It's actually Sixx's story in his autobiography that is a bit mixed up. Here's the story:
http://www.jeffnicholsontunes.com/nikki-sixx.htm

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
I have the demos Jeff sang on and they are actually pretty good. Manager Don Arden is said to have a big part in Jeff's understanding of his role in Black Sabbath. Whether those recordings were recorded under the Sabbath name or for Tony Iommi as a solo artist is up for debate. Arden is the one who approached Jeff and asked if he would like to sing in Black Sabbath. It was Arden who "suggested" Jeff to Iommi as well. Iommi apparently thinks that Jeff was never an official member and only "tried out" for the band when recording the demos.

I too remember back around 1989-90 the Word of Faith church I was attending was promoting that they were going to have former singer from Black Sabbath appearing there. I was like, Jeff who? I had been a Sabbath fan forever. I had no idea who the guy was. It really irritated me that they were promoting him like that. It would be like me saying I was former singer for Vengeance Rising. It's just a little bit misleading.

It's not really his claim that bothers me so much as the fact that he built a career on the Sabbath name, when his role in Sabbath was so very small, it should only have been a footnote on his resume, not the headline.

I know the guy isn't anywhere near as bad as people here are making him out to be. TrogDawn has some very nice things to say about him. I know he's been a blessing to many people as well.

As for the Nikki Sixx claim, I think you guys are mixing Fehnholt up with someone else. I remember that controversy clearly. I don't ever remember reading that Fehnholt claimed this. Sixx changed his name, basing it on the stage name of a Riverside, CA musician Jeff Nicholson, called "Nikki Syxx". It's actually Sixx's story in his autobiography that is a bit mixed up. Here's the story:
http://www.jeffnicholsontunes.com/nikki-sixx.htm

Yep - I was mixing him up. Thx!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am

thejokeriv wrote:

That channel scares the crap out of me. Seriously, it's like they're beaming in the programming from Bizarro World. Sometimes I'll land on it while channel surfing and I end up just stopping for a minute in disbelief, like "WTF? Do people actually watch this?" Their kids shows (exception: "Davey and Goliath") are so bad that they probably qualify as child abuse in some states.

This woman (whoever she is) seems to be on at least sixteen hours a day. She must be sad. She cries a lot. Possibly because of the bad wig.

Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Jancrouch

Actually, I'm still not 100 percent sure that this is a woman. It could be a guy in drag. I never watch long enough to know for sure. If she's onscreen when I land on the channel I quickly switch stations, like "AAAAAAAHHHH! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Saw Jeff at Portland in I think 90 and like Ult they were pumping him as the former singer of BS making me wonder. What I remember was him pumping the crowd for money, sending the baskets back around when they weren't full enough. I had friends that helped the baskets not be as full the second time. Hey, i'm not proud of it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Saw Jeff at Portland in I think 90 and like Ult they were pumping him as the former singer of BS making me wonder. What I remember was him pumping the crowd for money, sending the baskets back around when they weren't full enough. I had friends that helped the baskets not be as full the second time. Hey, i'm not proud of it.

He needed your money because he needed to pay his lawyers when $haron got wind of the fact he was prompting himself as a one time singer to Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Probably. We were mocking him the whole time. Now, as I look back, I feel kind of sorry for him, making his identity out of a sham.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

That channel scares the crap out of me. Seriously, it's like they're beaming in the programming from Bizarro World. Sometimes I'll land on it while channel surfing and I end up just stopping for a minute in disbelief, like "WTF? Do people actually watch this?" Their kids shows (exception: "Davey and Goliath") are so bad that they probably qualify as child abuse in some states.

This woman (whoever she is) seems to be on at least sixteen hours a day. She must be sad. She cries a lot. Possibly because of the bad wig.

Actually, I'm still not 100 percent sure that this is a woman. It could be a guy in drag. I never watch long enough to know for sure. If she's onscreen when I land on the channel I quickly switch stations, like "AAAAAAAHHHH! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!"

She is scary looking - kind of a Tammy Faye wanna be
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Back in 1989 I went to church with this dude and his family. I went and watched him speak prior to that and man was the guy the biggest liar I have ever encountered EVER!!!! His daughter was HOT though!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Why would anybody wanna be Tammy Faye??

This pic looks like she's praying, "Lord, Lord, please giveth unto me a decent wig, and a makeup artist who knows what the heck they're doing, hallelujah, Amen"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Why would anybody wanna be Tammy Faye??

This pic looks like she's praying, "Lord, Lord, please giveth unto me a decent wig, and a makeup artist who knows what the heck they're doing, hallelujah, Amen"

What Freddy is not telling you is this is a scene from the rarely seen sex tape this lady made with Tommy Lee not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath   Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Fehnholt in Black Sabbath
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next