Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enough with the remakes!!!

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Boris2008
James B.
corplhicks
jstate
DallasBlack
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Lurideath
DeathCult
Orion Crystal Ice
sheets
Stender
Addy
Jesusandmetal23
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
Leatherface
manny
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
tohostudios
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Remaking my favorite horror movies pisses me off no end!

Already happened with mine (The Omen) Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
If Hollywood ever remakes the Japanese masterpiece "Audition" I may just go postal. That movie is pitch-perfect to me and has a nicely ambiguous ending that lets the viewer decide what they've seen; an ending that Hollywood would find totally unacceptable.

Gah. I have a strong stomach but that movie will never be seen by myself again. But you're right, Hollywood can only go wrong with it.
Sorry. I'm a gorehound. But what I like about Audition is that it's actually a well-made film complete with character development/background and plot. Hollywood could only screw it up IMO.
"Audition" is the film I always recommend to people who are not familiar with the Japanese gore genre because this movie is actually a "movie" instead of a series of gross-out scenes.

I'm a gorehound too, but it wasn't the gore in Audtion--Miike's best film btw--that bothered me, it was the portrayal of violent sadism haunting me for three days straight after watching it for the first time. Just brutal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
A fair point.

Let me emend my comment to "major Hollywood studios" would screw up "Audition".

They most likely would, of course a major studio would never produce a remake of Audition in the first place. If someone did a remake it would be a small indie film. Even movies like Hostel or Insidious are essentially indie films that get distributed by a major.
I hope you're right. Thankfully the remake of "Hellraiser" appears to be dead. Remaking my favorite horror movies pisses me off no end!

Thank GOD, that being MY favorite horror movie..well, maybe the second one....either or......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:21 am

80s action guru producer Joel Silver (who has produced some really good movies along with piles and piles of dreck) is not only threatening to reboot "Escape From New York" but he plans on turning into a trilogy of films about Snake Plissken! This one is only in the early planning stages so at least this travesty is a long way off.

Those waiting with bated breath for more Silver-produced schlock will have to tide themselves over with the upcoming Sherlock (...for Morons) Holmes 3 and a remake of the late 70s sci-fi film Logan's Run...in addition to the 9 (!) other films he currently has in production or post-production.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
80s action guru producer Joel Silver (who has produced some really good movies along with piles and piles of dreck) is not only threatening to reboot "Escape From New York" but he plans on turning into a trilogy of films about Snake Plissken! This one is only in the early planning stages so at least this travesty is a long way off.

Those waiting with bated breath for more Silver-produced schlock will have to tide themselves over with the upcoming Sherlock (...for Morons) Holmes 3 and a remake of the late 70s sci-fi film Logan's Run...in addition to the 9 (!) other films he currently has in production or post-production.

That Logan's Run idea has been floating around for years; was it only recently acquired by Silver? Such an odd choice for a remake. I wonder if he'll pursue Soylent Green as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:05 pm

The remake of Logan's Run makes even less sense since it was partially ripped off for that movie "The Island" by that great talent Michael Bay. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm

S.D. wrote:
The remake of Logan's Run makes even less sense since it was partially ripped off for that movie "The Island" by that great talent Michael Bay. Laughing very hard

But if it's like The Island and has a voluptuous Scar Jo running around, I'll watch it. Wink
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
S.D. wrote:

But if it's like The Island and has a voluptuous Scar Jo running around, I'll watch it. Wink

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

The most outrageous moment of my cinematic life is watching The Island in the theater and realizing that I was actually enjoying it. Yes, it was Bay, and yes, it was Logan's Run Redux, but for the one time in my life I was having fun with something that Michael Bay did. Weird.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:

The most outrageous moment of my cinematic life is watching The Island in the theater and realizing that I was actually enjoying it. Yes, it was Bay, and yes, it was Logan's Run Redux, but for the one time in my life I was having fun with something that Michael Bay did. Weird.

Same here. As much as I dislike the majority of Michael Bay's advertiser-sponsored product placement cinema, that particular one was really good, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:26 pm

It took me 3 attempts to make it all the way through The Island, aside from watching Scarlett jiggle I found the whole thing very un-involving.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
It took me 3 attempts to make it all the way through The Island, aside from watching Scarlett jiggle I found the whole thing very un-involving.

Scarlett was great eye candy in that one! I liked it.... but then again, I enjoy most of Bay's films (outside of Pearl Harbor). I just take them for what they are, a fun way to spend a couple hours that you quickly forget about afterwards..... sort of like eating a candy bar - good while it lasts, but no nutritional value.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Outside of the Island, every time I've finished a Michael Bay movie I've suffered a headache. Not joking here, being very literal. And yes, this includes The overrated Rock.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:09 pm

I prefer Roland Emmerich. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 82702 ID4 is like, I don't know, the ultimate popcorn film, not least of all because it manages to actually have some substance and heart juxtaposing all the action cliches and one-liners (not to say that cannot co-exist, because it can and it should, it just doesn't usually with something so OTT). I only really cringe at the 90's laptops and phones, they don't age that well.

Of course, you could also never convince me to see '2012' or '10,000 BC'. There has to be some kind of equation involving ID4 and high budget disaster BS movies.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I prefer Roland Emmerich. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 82702 ID4 is like, I don't know, the ultimate popcorn film, not least of all because it manages to actually have some substance and heart juxtaposing all the action cliches and one-liners (not to say that cannot co-exist, because it can and it should, it just doesn't usually with something so OTT). I only really cringe at the 90's laptops and phones, they don't age that well.

Of course, you could also never convince me to see '2012' or '10,000 BC'. There has to be some kind of equation involving ID4 and high budget disaster BS movies.

Are you as excited as I am for the two--that's right, not one, but TWO sequels in the near future?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:29 pm

I'd like to put both Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich on a rocket and launch them into the sun. lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

2012 and 10,000 BC sucked. Independence Day was his last great movie.... he lost it after that. He also did Stargate and that's a fun flick. Hell, I even liked Universal Soldier (the original one)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:34 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'd like to put both Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich on a rocket and launch them into the sun. lol!

I have a third one to add: Joel Schumacher. Worse, IMO, than the two put together.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Another day, another remake:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27621/a-jacob-s-ladder-remake-in-the-works

More than two decades on, the cult horror thriller "Jacob's Ladder" remains a trippy mind f**k with its fusion of paranoia thriller, non-linear narrative, visually distinctive effects and Cronenberg-esque body horror.

Now, LD Entertainment and "Midnight Meat Train" writer Jeff Buhler are teaming for a remake of the project, albeit with a new angle. Buhler is penning a new version that will build upon an earlier draft by Jake Wade Wall.

How the hell do you remake a movie with the twist ending that this one had? I guess you hope the moving going teens have never seen the original......
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:25 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'd like to put both Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich on a rocket and launch them into the sun.   lol!

I have a third one to add: Joel Schumacher. Worse, IMO, than the two put together.

and Tarantino. angry 

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 am

I didn't particularly care for "Jacob's Ladder" the first time out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I prefer Roland Emmerich. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 82702 ID4 is like, I don't know, the ultimate popcorn film, not least of all because it manages to actually have some substance and heart juxtaposing all the action cliches and one-liners

Also, Vivica A. Fox as a stripper. Boi-oi-oi-oing.

Quote :

2012 was effin' hilarious. The problem is, it's not supposed to be a comedy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I prefer Roland Emmerich. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 82702 ID4 is like, I don't know, the ultimate popcorn film, not least of all because it manages to actually have some substance and heart juxtaposing all the action cliches and one-liners

Also, Vivica A. Fox as a stripper.

Quote :

2012 was effin' hilarious. The problem is, it's not supposed to be a comedy.

They are making a sequel to ID4.... Actually 2 sequels.... with no Will Smith

2012 was a boring disaster flick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:10 am

Quote :

Yeah, that figures. Will Smith would be too expensive now. When they cast him in ID4 back in 96 he wasn't a "movie star" yet, he'd only made a couple of films. ID4 was his big breakthrough.

I loved ID4 when it came out but I've seen it so many times over the years that I'm sick of it now. My sons love it though, any time it comes on TV they're hooked.

2012 is indeed pretty awful, but my ten year old also gets a kick out of Emmerich's other "end of the world" movie, The Day After Tomorrow. We own that on DVD and I swear he's watched that at least a half dozen times.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, that figures. Will Smith would be too expensive now. When they cast him in ID4 back in 96 he wasn't a "movie star" yet, he'd only made a couple of films. ID4 was his big breakthrough.

I loved ID4 when it came out but I've seen it so many times over the years that I'm sick of it now. My sons love it though, any time it comes on TV they're hooked.

2012 is indeed pretty awful, but my ten year old also gets a kick out of Emmerich's other "end of the world" movie, The Day After Tomorrow. We own that on DVD and I swear he's watched that at least a half dozen times.

I still love ID4 and will watch it when it's on.... never was able to make it though The Day After Tomorrow.

I half wonder if Will Smith read the script and said no because it was worse than some of the other crap he's been in lately
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 am

Since Will's "After Earth" crashed and burned earlier this summer, he might be more willing to appear in an "ID4" sequel now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enough with the remakes!!!
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next