Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.

Go down 
+3
Metal Misfit
manny
Troublezone
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Empty
PostSubject: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:57 pm

This is for a charity but i hope this turns into another full album project! Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 11840

TONY IOMMI, IAN GILLAN To Collaborate On New Music - Apr. 1, 2010

Legendary heavy metal guitarist Tony Iommi (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL) has revealed to U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine that he will collaborate on new musicIommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 2_bing with his former SABBATH bandmate, singer Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE). Iommi tells the magazine, "Ian was at [my place] a few weeks back, and we put a couple of tracks down, just to try and raise some money for Armenia.

"We raised some money 20 years ago and we wanted to do it again, to be able to buy stuff.

"We went over a few months ago because they gave us an Order Of Honor from the president and so Ian and I went over and Pat Cash came. They showed us what the money had bought. They showed us this old music school; it was freezing and the kids had no instruments so we bought them some new instruments — drums and guitars — and we want to build a new school for the kids.

"We're going to do a few songsIommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 2_bing and, hopefully, we can raise the money to afford to buy them a new school.

"The plans are quite open at the moment.

"We've talked about doing a couple of shows out there, but it's about working round what we are both doing — because we [HEAVEN & HELL] hope touring will start again soon."

In October 2009, Gillan and Iommi were awarded the Orders Of Honor — which were delivered to them by Prime Minister of Armenia Tigran Sargsyan — for the Armenia Grateful To Rock program (see video below). The objective of the program, was to express gratitude to those musicians who 20 years ago participated in the Rock Aid Armenia.

In 1989, within the framework of Rock Aid Armenia, the British rock stars recorded DEEP PURPLE's classic "Smoke On The Water" and also released a disc called "Rock Aid Armenia".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Very cool, I hope they get a chance to record some new stuff. The re-recording of Trashed from Gillan's recent solo album was awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I hope TZ you are right since 'Born Again' is one of my favorite Black Sabbath releases. I agree with detuned the re-recording of Trashed was indeed awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I guess Tony is tying up all his loose ends...first the Ozzy/Sabbath reunion...then Iommi Hughes...then Heaven & Hell...no Ian Gillan...I guess Tony Martin is all that's left at this point...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

S wrote:
...I guess Tony Martin is all that's left at this point...

Please....NO!!!!!!

Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 201269
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm

detuned wrote:
S wrote:

Please....NO!!!!!!

It's either him or Ron (multi platinum) Keel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
S wrote:

Please....NO!!!!!!

Or Jeff Fenholt... Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 288219
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm

S wrote:
manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
S wrote:

Please....NO!!!!!!

Or Jeff Fenholt... Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 288219

Thank God Iommi lost David Donato's phone number!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 pm

I just posted my thread, then saw this, and was about to alert a mod. Very Happy "S" beat me to it though. Sad

Anyway, this sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 pm

I would've liked to have heard The Eternal Idol with Ray Gillen... but i do like Tony Martin.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

manny wrote:
I hope TZ you are right since 'Born Again' is one of my favorite Black Sabbath releases. I agree with detuned the re-recording of Trashed was indeed awesome.

Born Again was awesome!!! Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:15 pm

Every Black Sabbath album is good. "Born Again" is no exception.

I'd welcome a reunion.

Would this be under the Black Sabbath 'name'?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Quote :
Would this be under the Black Sabbath 'name'?

Not if Sharon Osbourne has a say. Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

As an Armenian this makes me very happy. We're an insignificant little country caught somewhere between Europe and the Middle East, and these two legends find it in their hearts to built a school there. I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 pm

They will tour with Geezer and some unknown drummer and call the band 'Born Again"
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
They will tour with Geezer and some unknown drummer and call the band 'Born Again"

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

And you know it will sell out everywhere they play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I would've liked to have heard The Eternal Idol with Ray Gillen... but i do like Tony Martin.

Have you heard the Gillen Eternal Idol? It's pretty close to Martin's. Same vocal melodies.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Have you heard the Gillen Eternal Idol? It's pretty close to Martin's. Same vocal melodies.

No, I haven't heard Gillen's version.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No, I haven't heard Gillen's version.

If you are curious.....

http://blacksabfan.blogspot.com/2009/03/eternal-idol-with-ray-gillen.html
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 pm

There are two version of "Eternal Idol"? I had no idea of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
There are two version of "Eternal Idol"? I had no idea of this.

Not officially. Ray Gillen was the original singer for the album before he left. At the last minute, Tony Martin was hired to re-record all his vocals.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh I see.

Is the first version available as a download?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Look a couple of posts up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.   Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iommi and Gillan working on some new songs.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next