Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS Cover Comp

Go down 
+8
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
Smindas
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
tohostudios
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Taking a cue from another thread where cool KISS cover songs were discussed, I thought about putting one together from the stuff I own. Here's what I came up with so far...

Love Her All I Can – Anthrax
Watchin’ You – Anthrax
Parasite – Anthrax
Strange Ways – Megadeth
I – Hair of the Dog
Deuce- Overkill
Going Blind – Eric Singer Project
Creatures of the Night – Iced Earth
God of Thunder – Iced Earth
Cold Gin – Death Angel
I Want You – Galactic Cowboys
Rocket Ride – Gilby Clark
Shock Me – Gilby Clark
Rock n Roll All Night – Poison (this one might not make the cut due to it's lame-ass performance)
C’mon and Love Me – Skid Row
Rock Bottom – Sebastian Bach

* Strutter - The Donnas
* All American Man - The Hellacopters
* Hide Your Heart - Ace Frehley
* She - Anthrax
* Rip It Out - Anthrax (?)

Without getting too obscure, what are some other quality Kiss covers from rock / metal bands that I'm missing or forgot?

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

The Donnas - Strutter (I like this one!)
Stryper - Shout It Out Loud (because I don;t think they will do a lame version!)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The Donnas - Strutter (I like this one!)
Stryper - Shout It Out Loud (because I don;t think they will do a lame version!)

Oh yea, I forgot about the Donnas version. Good call on that one. The Stryper one's not out yet, right? That's gonna be on the new covers album? I'm not much of a Stryper fan, aside from a coupla songs, so I don't see that one making the cut.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm

How about Hammerfall's version of Detroit Rock City?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Terrible. Hammerfall does great covers of Euro metal and hard rock bands. They don't have the right attitude to pull of that NYC style hard rock. They also destroyed a Twisted Sister song.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Haven't heard that one, but I've been meaning to pick up that Materpieces album. I'm not a huge Hammerfall fan, but I liked their selections on that album. Had it in my hand one night at FYE for $9.99, but put it down in favor of something else.

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:53 pm

I Stole Your Love by Helloween

A World Without Heroes by Cher (I can hook you up with that one)

War Machine - Six Feet Under
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

You apparently mis-read this part of the initial topic..

Quote :
what are some other quality Kiss covers from rock / metal bands that I'm missing or forgot?

Where did that Helloween track originally appear?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Quote :

Pass on that one. Can't take the cookie monster vocals. Did anyone else cover that song though? It's a good tune that someone should have if they didn't.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

This might be useful.

http://www.coversproject.com/artist/kiss/

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This might be useful.

[url=http://www.coversproject.com/artist/kiss/
http://www.coversproject.com/artist/kiss/[/quote[/url]]

Very. Thanks. Found a coupla more that I have to add to the list.

Administrator
ultmetal

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:12 pm

I probably have over 100 Kiss cover songs. Yikes! KISS Cover Comp Icon_eek

A few that come to mind that are not already listed:
Doro - Only You
Overkill - Duece
Anthrax- Rip It Out
Wig Wam - I Was Made For Loving You
Helloween - I Stole Your Love

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Quote :
Anthrax- Rip It Out

Wasn't that just Scott Ian and some other guys from a tribute album or did Anthrax cover yet another Kiss tune? Either way, good choice. I'll add that one too.

Administrator
ultmetal

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Anthrax- Rip It Out

Wasn't that just Scott Ian and some other guys from a tribute album or did Anthrax cover yet another Kiss tune? Either way, good choice. I'll add that one too.

It was Scott Ian, Charlie Benante and Gilby Clarke on vocals.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

KISS Cover Comp 29150

*reaches for a blank CD*

The Anthrax version of "Love Her All I Can" is one of my favorite KISS covers.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Punchline-era Extreme did a really funky, slowed down version of 'Strutter'. Not as fun as the original, but still a great cover.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I've always loved White Zombie's old version of "God of Thunder."

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

You apparently mis-read this part of the initial topic..

Quote :
what are some other quality Kiss covers from rock / metal bands that I'm missing or forgot?

Where did that Helloween track originally appear?

On a single from Master Of The Rings.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:54 am

Smindas wrote:
Punchline-era Extreme did a really funky, slowed down version of 'Strutter'. Not as fun as the original, but still a great cover.

That's the same version that was on the Kiss My A$$ tribute album, right? I've heard that one but didn't care much for it.

That White Zombie cover is kinda cool. Where's that from Eyesore?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:16 am

Entombed's version of "God of Thunder" is awesome!

And if you can find it, track down Kurt Nilsen's version of "Crazy Nights". Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I've got enough to fill up a cdr. However, if anyone can hook me up with the Helloween and Hammerfall tracks, I'll return the favor with a cdr of "MetalGuy Presents KISS KOVERS" KISS Cover Comp Icon_smile

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Pass on that one. Can't take the cookie monster vocals. Did anyone else cover that song though? It's a good tune that someone should have if they didn't.

Really? That's about the only cover they did I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Strange Ways – Megadeth

Where does this one appear?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:39 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Strange Ways – Megadeth

Where does this one appear?

I have it as an unreleased track from the War Chest box set. The liner notes said it was recorded for the Kiss My A$$ tribute album, but rejected. However someone here (Metal Misfit?) claims it was also included as a hidden bonus track on the Best Buy version of The System Has Failed. That's news to me. My version does not have it and while I'm not 100% certain, I'm pretty sure that's where I would have purchased my copy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

I forgot a really awesome one: "The Oath", done by Arch Enemy!

KISS Cover Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISS Cover Comp   KISS Cover Comp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS Cover Comp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: