Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]

Go down 
+48
7thSaviour
Lari
tul
chewie
Dave the Boss
metalhead777
stormspell
XYZ
rattpoison
akeldama
T-Roy
ZetaReticuli
dirtracin1
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Addy
scottmitchell74
Olafsto
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
snooloui
DeathCult
Schbopo
Jesusandmetal23
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Wargod
Fat Freddy
bootheskin
DallasBlack
Stender
manny
krokus
Required Fields
exact33
Eyesore
the sentinel
tohostudios
thejokeriv
JBall_Z
jstate
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 CDS005

Crystal Clear - Payback Time
Crush - Kingdom Of The Kings
Solitare - Extremely Flammable
Divorce - Divorce
From Behind - Game Over
Third Eye - Recipe For Disaster
Wild Side - Speed Devil
Y&T - Facemelter
Artizan - Artizan
Morbid Sin - Sins Of The Flesh
Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition
Kraze - Devil In Disguise

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 51S48CkltBL._SS500_
You want their self-titled album?

Not sure, I've heard a couple of songs from that album but none of them touched later songs.

In the mail today:

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 CATHEDRAL+-+The+Guessing+Game+COVER
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Death Angel-Archives and Artifacts (3 CD/1 DVD set)
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

As it probably turned out that Shah CD I bought is/was a bootleg one. Really mad about that as it look damn near identical to the original Teichiku pressing. No blaming one but I am really pissed.
Back to top Go down
jksilvi
Metal novice
Metal novice
jksilvi

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

Mortification: Self titled
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:15 am

Masterplan - Time to be King (Ltd Ed)

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:05 am

Manny, make sure your Death Angel set has the right track order and the Kill As One demos. I know they had some kind of screw up on the initial pressings. Great collection and it is scary how young those guys were in that Ultra-Violence EPK.

Rainbow - Stranger In Us All
Scorpions - Unbreakable
Warrior Soul - Live In England
Afterlife - Surreality
Deris - Done By Numbers & Come In From The Rain
Exodus - Shovel Headed Tour Machine DVD
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:23 am

jstate wrote:
Manny, make sure your Death Angel set has the right track order and the Kill As One demos. I know they had some kind of screw up on the initial pressings. Great collection and it is scary how young those guys were in that Ultra-Violence EPK.

Rainbow - Stranger In Us All
Scorpions - Unbreakable
Warrior Soul - Live In England
Afterlife - Surreality
Deris - Done By Numbers & Come In From The Rain
Exodus - Shovel Headed Tour Machine DVD

Thanks for the heads up, BTW that Rainbow album 'Strangers In Us All' was excellent and it was very underrated, it was like Blackmore was combining the Dio and Joe Lynn Turner eras of rainbow in this final short lived Rainbow line up.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:43 am

I was surprised how good it was. I'd seen it several times but always put it back. Glad I finally pulled the trigger on getting it.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:50 am

Wargod48 wrote:
TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 CDS005

Crystal Clear - Payback Time
Crush - Kingdom Of The Kings
Solitare - Extremely Flammable
Divorce - Divorce
From Behind - Game Over
Third Eye - Recipe For Disaster
Wild Side - Speed Devil
Y&T - Facemelter
Artizan - Artizan
Morbid Sin - Sins Of The Flesh
Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition
Kraze - Devil In Disguise

Wargod51

Great buy. that CRUSH cd is one of my fave from Greece.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:52 am

Zdan wrote:
Finally - paid for all the stuff I wanted which includes:

Testament - The Gathering
Shah - Beware (Teichiku pressing)
Heller - Heller
Judas Priest - Jugulator
Enforcer - Diamonds
Steelwing - Lord Of The Wasteland
Sabaton - Coat Of Arms
Savage Grace - Master Of Disguise/The Dominatress
Savage Grace - After The Fall From Grace/Ride Into The Night
Burning Starr - Defiance
Rachel's Coven - s/t
Heretic - Breaking Point
Steel Mill - Green Eyed God
Bigelf - Cheat The Gallows

and a Dio - Holy Diver t-shirt.

Super buy. Shame that SHAH is not a original. If you order a original one, it should be original. If only the music counts we would not be buying we would be downloading everything, but we like to have our collection original.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:59 am

Yeah that is the case. I am very angry with that one but I hope to resolve this peacefully with the seller and send it back/get my money back and wait for a reissue. I really wanted an original CD of "Beware" I would even pay more for it I wanted it to be an original. The bootleg is really greatly made too - very similar to the original so I do not blame anybody. Just really frustrated about that. I might end up posting my Laaz Rockit CD's for trade just to get that album and get reissues of the Laaz CD's.

Oh and to make it up to myself I bought today:

Skyforger - Kurbads (limited digi)

Great album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:49 am

Chris Laney - Only Come Out At Night

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Nightmare - The Dominion Gate (thanks, scottmitchell)

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Over Kill-W.F.O.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 51S48CkltBL._SS500_
You want their self-titled album?

Not sure, I've heard a couple of songs from that album but none of them touched later songs.
I bought it for like a buck. A long shot that it would be 80s rock, but it kind of had that look. Doubt I'll ever be able to trade it, so if you want it, bro, just PM me your address.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How is this? I have his song, "Instinct Animal," from the Hollywood Hair Metal comp and it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
How is this? I have his song, "Instinct Animal," from the Hollywood Hair Metal comp and it's awesome!

I don't know.

Considering the bands he's been involved with (Zinny Zan, Steevi Jaimz, Crazy Lixx and others) it was a blind buy. I'll let you know when it gets here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I don't know.

Considering the bands he's been involved with (Zinny Zan, Steevi Jaimz, Crazy Lixx and others) it was a blind buy. I'll let you know when it gets here.
Right. Thought you already had it.

Check out that song I mentioned. It's excellent.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I don't know.

Right. Thought you already had it.

Check out that song I mentioned. It's excellent.

This sleazeroxx review is what tipped me off to this album.

Quote :
Review:
Chris Laney
has made a name for himself in the glam world by producing some awesome bands like Zan Clan and Crazy Lixx, to name but a few. Last year he also decided to jump in and join the rock 'n' roll party, presenting to fans his well received hard rock debut CD Pure. While the sound, songwriting and trademark background vocals have all stayed the same on his new release Only Come Out At Night, you can hear how much he has developed as a songwriter in just a year! This album is full of hard rock anthems, and a few mellower pop-rock songs, with hooks so big they could easily catch a great white shark.
The album starts off strong with the title track -- a great hard rock song, though not the best on this release. It is followed by the hard-hitting KISS-like "Love So Bad" (co-written by Shotgun Messiah's Zinny Zan) and the, maybe, semi-autobiographical "Rockstar" (because in his words, '2B a rawkstar is eezee') with its great "hey hey" chorus -- it is one of the best songs on this CD. "One Kiss Tonight" is another great song, and even though I don't think his voice fits the song perfectly (it is very '80s pop, and I feel that a voice like that of Gloria Estefan, Bonnie Tyler or even Irene Cara would do this song justice) it is perhaps the best track on Only Come Out At Night. Hard-rocking "Gotta Run" comes next before it goes straight back into the "One Kiss Tonight" vein with "Playing With Fire". Chris Laney's vocals feel more 'right' this time. Next up is the faster heavy metal tune titled "Crush", followed by the very early '80s glam metal of "I Had Enuff", a song with great background vocals in its chorus. The CD ends with "Daydream", Laney's collaboration with Conny Bloom of Hanoi Rocks and Electric Boys fame.
Only Come Out At Night has many highlights and if you are familiar with Chris Laney's work you will know what to expect from this CD. He is definitely inspired by the giants of the genre, and you can hear influences from the likes of Ratt, Motley Crue, KISS (Bruce Kulick even co-writes three tracks) and W.A.S.P. If you're not familiar with his work then get this album if you like any of the 'New Wave of Scandinavian Glam Metal' bands like Crashdiet, Zan Clan, Crazy Lixx, Reckless Love and Wig Wam. Only Come Out At Night is a great release from a real pro.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Krokus - Hoodoo
Racer X - Snowball Of Doom

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 11840 TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Yes - Close To The Edge (mini-LP edition)
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe
Jethro Tull - Roots To Branches
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:08 am

Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:00 am

Now this is what I am talking about. I resovled the Shah issue mentioned above and got:

Addictive - Kick'em Hard

This rules! Amazing dealing with problems! All hail to Ferdy aka oldskoolcollector!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:09 am

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 41E4KGSSCBL._SL500_AA300_

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 61csE2oB9QL._SL500_AA300_

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 51aySBRyL9L._SL500_AA300_

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next