Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]

Go down 
+48
7thSaviour
Lari
tul
chewie
Dave the Boss
metalhead777
stormspell
XYZ
rattpoison
akeldama
T-Roy
ZetaReticuli
dirtracin1
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
Addy
scottmitchell74
Olafsto
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
snooloui
DeathCult
Schbopo
Jesusandmetal23
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Metal Misfit
Wargod
Fat Freddy
bootheskin
DallasBlack
Stender
manny
krokus
Required Fields
exact33
Eyesore
the sentinel
tohostudios
thejokeriv
JBall_Z
jstate
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:55 am

chewie wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Porcupine Tree- Signify (deluxe edition)
Porcupine Tree- Deadwing
Porcupine Tree- Stupid Dream (deluxe edition)
Porcupine Tree- Lightbulb Sun (deluxe edition)
Porcupine Tree- Fear Of A Blank Planet

All Very Good albums!!!!!

Do you already have Voyage 34?

No I dont have that one but I have a best of called Stars Die and Phase One is on there. Whats the big deal about that release? Its just instrumental and talking.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 am

No I dont have that one but I have a best of called Stars Die and Phase One is on there. Whats the big deal about that release? Its just instrumental and talking.

The version on Stars Die is the first section of an extended piece, there's another 53 minutes of music on the CD. If you're a completist then you'll want it.

There is also the album Metanoia which is an all-improv set recorded in the studio during the writing for the Signify album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I could never love and hate a band as much as Pantera.

I love their 80s catalogue (especially the mighty "Power Metal"!)

But their mid 90s era to me just sounded like they had just let the drugs take over. They pretty much 'ushered in' the entire metalcore movement with what they did. Combining hardcore (90s hardcore, not 80s) with thrash the way they did just paved the way for Lamb of God to come and take us all over. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_lol

I hope your not refering to Cowboys and Vulgar because they came out before 90s hardcore (and to a lesser extent so did Far Beyond Driven). And say what you will about bands like Lamb Of God (which I don't care for myself) but they are partly responsible for metal comming back into the spotlight. How many people have discovered greats like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc. through the modern crop of metal?

I'm with MB on this one. I dig the '80s Pantera stuff (particularly POWER METAL) and COWBOYS FROM HELL. VULGAR DISPLAY I can take or leave. The rest... ehhh. From that point on they seemed to be purposely getting more screamy and abrasive with each record and that ain't my thang. I gave each one a fair shot as they came out and ultimately decided "sorry fellas, I guess I'm just not angry enough for this sort of thing."

Actually FF, you and I aren't too far off on our opinion of Pantera (except that I've never had the pleasure of hearing 80s Pantera). I really like Cowboys more than Vulgar and after that (Far Beyond) I only liked 2-3 songs and then it was all just noise with shredding guitar solos to my ears. My point to MB was that they were not influenced by 90s hardcore because modern hardcore didn't show up til mid-late 90s. If anything, particularly with Phil, they had some black and death metal influences (I remember Anselmo sporting a lot of black metal t-shirts at the time).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 am

Cyclone- Brutal Destruction
The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
7 Seconds- One Plus One (First press, probably up for trade)
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:38 am

Axel Rudi Pell - The Ballads II

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:01 pm

detuned wrote:

The version on Stars Die is the first section of an extended piece, there's another 53 minutes of music on the CD. If you're a completist then you'll want it.

There is also the album Metanoia which is an all-improv set recorded in the studio during the writing for the Signify album.

Yea I wasn't too impressed with the song and I'm not sure I want the whole thing or not. Its just an EP right?

I've seen the Metanoia too not sure if I want or need that one. The version of signify I have came with an extra cd of demos. Its called Transmission or something like that.

Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Just arrived in the mail today...

Airbourne- No Guts No Glory-Overdrive Edition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Yea I wasn't too impressed with the song and I'm not sure I want the whole thing or not. Its just an EP right?

I've seen the Metanoia too not sure if I want or need that one. The version of signify I have came with an extra cd of demos. Its called Transmission or something like that.

If a 63 minute piece of music qualifies as an EP...then it's an EP. TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Lol

Metanoia is different than the bonus disc on Signify. It's literally all improvisational and all instrumental. If improv is your thing then you'd probably like it...if you need song structures then look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (Remaster)
Deep Purple - Fireball (Remaster)
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
Steve Martin - A Wild And Crazy Guy
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Just went down to my local Best Buy and Hastings today. I don't do that too much anymore (as I get most of my stuff online), so it's always a bit of a treat to see what I come up with. Most of the stuff I got today is not of the metal genre (with the exception of the first two). I found a lot of good pop and indie stuff though. And I like some of that too.

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_smile

Twisted Sister ~ Big Hits and Nasty Cuts
SAHG ~ I
Orianthi ~ Believe
Tegan and Sara ~ Sainthood
The Judybats ~ Native Son
Belly ~ Star
The Candy Skins ~ Fun?
Crashdog ~ Cashists, Fascists, and Other Fungus
Cracker ~ Kerosene Hat
Glass Tiger ~ Diamond Sun
The Merbabies ~ Indio
Letters to Cleo ~ Aurora Gory Alice
Urge Overkill ~ Saturation
10,000 Maniacs ~ Our Time in Eden
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:53 pm

The local Newbury Comics celebrated Record Store day with a 30% off all used sale, so:

Kiss - Box Set
Led Zeppelin - Box Set

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 11840 TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 11840
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Today:

AC/DC - For those about to Rock
AC/DC - Let there Be Rock
AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - Flick of the Switch
AC/DC - Black Ice (special Ed)
AC/DC - High Voltage
AC/DC - Powerage

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Quote :
Belly ~ Star

Four of my early 90's alternative favorites. Hastings is great for finding that stuff. If you like that Candyskins, I can't recommend high enough Space I'm In.

Some Record Store Day finds
Testament - The Gathering +1
Bride - End Of The Age & Snakes In The Playground
Titanic - Full Steam Ahead
Cathedral - Supernatural Birth Machine
Saint Vitus - V
Hades - Live On Location
Havana 3AM - s/t
Dead Milkmen - Bucky Fellini
Neil Young - Harvest
also got the vinyl Soundgarden single

then at a used bookstore
April Wine - First Glance, Walking Through Fire, Animal Grace, Power Play
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm

jstate wrote:
Bride - End Of The Age & Snakes In The Playground

excellent cds!!!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:58 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
Belly ~ Star

Four of my early 90's alternative favorites. Hastings is great for finding that stuff. If you like that Candyskins, I can't recommend high enough Space I'm In.

I like that early 90s alt sound too. Some of these were actually replacements of old tapes I had.

Good stuff.

Also, nice score on that Testament album. "The Gathering" is very good.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Letters to Cleo is a decent band too i had one of their albums on cassette it was quite good too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:07 pm

Addy wrote:
Letters to Cleo is a decent band too i had one of their albums on cassette it was quite good too

Yes, they are good. Do you still have that tape?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Nope I dont think I do
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 am

Fastway - Waiting for the Roar

Triumph - Allied Forces

Yes - 90125 (Based on the recent thread extoling its virtues. I've never heard it before, so we'll see.)

all Vinyl
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 20070406055545%21D.R.I._-_Four_of_a_KindTODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 D.R.I._-_Crossover

I got these on cassette at the Goodwill. Always heard of them but never actually heard them. Since I like S.O.D. I figured that I'd give these guys a shot.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 pm

detuned wrote:

Really, Voyage is really cool to listen to when your just chillin'... try it with headphones on and in the dark. In all honesty, I only do like parts One And Two. It also has that riff that is from Manuel Göttsching's Inventions For Electric Guitar (1975) album which predates The Wall's Run riff by a few years. If you don't like instrumental improv stay away from Metanoia.

Here is a link to the sample of that M.G. song Echo Waves:
http://www.ashra.com/mp3/1751in01.mp3
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:10 pm

6 Iron Maiden VHS tapes, 2 of which I already have - damn eBay seller TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 308838 . They were cheap though so I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fastway - Waiting for the Roar

Triumph - Allied Forces

Yes - 90125 (Based on the recent thread extoling its virtues. I've never heard it before, so we'll see.)

all Vinyl

Great albums by TRIUMP and FASTWAY.
I bought:
SAVATAGE:STILL THE ORCHESTRA PLAYS 2cd+dvd I watched the dvd last night and it was really good, live Japan 1994. Great show and set list.
BLAZE BAYLEY:PROMISE AND TERROR
WHITESNAKE:SLIP OF THE TONGUE cd+dvd anniversary edition
SINNER:NO MORE ALIBIS (the only one that was still missing in my collection by the band).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 am

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 AvantasiaBox

Couldn't believe how fast it got here! My last orders from ebay took 2 months each. Thanks to Scott for the heads up on that seller.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 am

via emusic...

Siena Root - A New Day Dawning
Siena Root - Different Realities
Russian Circles - Station
Russian Circles - Geneva
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]   TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010] - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I ACQUIRED..... [NEW ADDITIONS 2010]
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next