Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacred Steel - Woo!

Go down 
+6
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Sacred Steel - Woo! Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

How do we not have a Sacred Steel thread?

I love this band. They are cheesy and the vocals are non-traditional, but I love their sound. They are one of those bands that I have done no wrong in my ears.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Good band. I had one of their albums many a year ago.

Not sure what happened to it. It was good metal though.

Currently I own none of their stuff. I should remedy that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 am

Haha, Sacred Steel! This was the one and only time I checked out a band after reading a bad review in a magazine. Metal Maniacs absolutely tore one of their CDs up years ago, it was one of the most brutal things I'd ever read (the vocals were described as "Alvin the Chipmunk attempting to sing Agent Steel's "Never Surrender" on a Chipmunk Metal LP" and the lyrics as "one part Dungeons & Dragons fan fiction, one part H.P. Lovecraft worship, complete with randomly placed apostrophes"), so when I found one of their discs cheap in the used bin some time later (I believe it was WARGODS OF METAL) I remembered that review and said to myself "Wow, I gotta check this out, it can't possibly be as bad as that guy said...."

...So anyway, it wasn't that bad, but Lord, it wasn't much good either. Pretty C-grade stuff, and yeah, the vocals were pretty irritating. I traded it off pretty quickly after a few spins.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am

I like Sacred Steel. I tend to like metal bands with unique, charismatic vocalists. Haven't spun 'em in a while though. Will have to remedy that.

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 am

One of my favorites. I own all their albums. It's really a matter of whether you can stand Gerrit's vocals....They certainly are out there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
It's really a matter of whether you can stand Gerrit's vocals....They certainly are out there.

They're the textbook definition of "acquired taste."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am

I owned Wargods of Metal at one time. I don't recall buything the disc, so I think it was mixed in with a lot of cd's that I purchased from ebay.

It didn't last long in the collection. The Manowar-type, over the top lyrics were too much cheese for my delicate palate.

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:33 am

Love the music but the vocals grate on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I don't know any of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I tend to like metal bands with unique, charismatic vocalists.

That's one thing you and I have in common Ult.

Sacred Steel - Woo! 438278
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 am

Quote :
...So anyway, it wasn't that bad, but Lord, it wasn't much good either. Pretty C-grade stuff, and yeah, the vocals were pretty irritating. I traded it off pretty quickly after a few spins.

Satan!!

I love the vocals! And as one of their songs popped up yesterday on the MP3 I thought to myself "Any band that can sing celestial spawn in their lyrics is awesome!"
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm

I love Sacred Steel they are unique to there style and vocals. They are in the same league as Paragon is. Great traditional power metal!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:23 am

Wargod48 wrote:
I love Sacred Steel they are unique to there style and vocals. They are in the same league as Paragon is. Great traditional power metal!

Wargod51

Sacred Steel - Woo! Smileysigniagree
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm

I like the singer and like the band very much. I have all of their records too (their last one is just great again, named CARNAGE VICTORY). It comes with a nice dvd and a song against priests fuc.king with children. Also the album have some different type of songs, not just all the way fast metal. Very cool.
Saw them twice live (ones at our own HEAVY METAL ESPECTROS CLUB festival) and they kicked ass!!!!. All the members payed for the fly tickets to Spain and a hotel/food and they came for no money, just for the love of heavy metal. Nice guys.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Bump for a great band, who just came back up in my CD rotation.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 am

Man!

Sacred Steel has come up again in my rotation. LOVE THEM! I simply can't help it. Every time I hear these guys, I'm just in such a good mood.

I liken them to that goth chic from NCI, Abby? or, say Alfre Woodard; non-traditional beauties who just "do it" for me. This band just "does it" for me. Woo!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:06 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man!

Sacred Steel has come up again in my rotation. LOVE THEM! I simply can't help it. Every time I hear these guys, I'm just in such a good mood.

I liken them to that goth chic from NCI, Abby? or, say Alfre Woodard; non-traditional beauties who just "do it" for me. This band just "does it" for me. Woo!

You and me both, my friend.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh i love this band and all epic metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Steel - Woo!   Sacred Steel - Woo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Steel - Woo!
Page 1 of 1