Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sacred Oath.

Go down 
+4
bassman
Zdan
metalken
8 posters
AuthorMessage

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 am

One of those bands that kicks around, seems to be gone then comes back stronger then ever. Real PM with a hint of thrash.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm

This is one of those bands that I had heard of, but never heard. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:59 pm

I have this CD and I must say - it's great. Hints of thrash here and there and amazing vocals. The production is a little bit iffy at times but other than that - awesome album!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Really cool. Sounds good to me. I have A Crystal Vision and it's great. I had no idea these guys were still around.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 pm

I had heard of this band, but had never listened to them before. Once again you have caused me to have to buy more music. I will put it on the list of things that I must own ASAP.
Back to top Go down

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Quote :
I have A Crystal Vision and it's great. I had no idea these guys were still around.

They weren't for a long time and then somewhere in the mid 00's they reappeared and are still kicking out great music.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
I have A Crystal Vision and it's great. I had no idea these guys were still around.

They weren't for a long time and then somewhere in the mid 00's they reappeared and are still kicking out great music.

That's really cool. Looks like I'll have to hunt down whatever else they may have released. I hope it's not too many.My list keeps growing and my disposable income keeps shrinking!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:38 am

First I'm ever hearing of these guys. Sounds pretty sweet. Traditional metal sounding without the cheese.

They've been around awhile you say?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 am

They put out an album in the 80s that was reissued by Sentinel Steel that was pretty MERCYFUL FATE-ish.

I saw this band open for DEADLY BLESSING and ATTACKER.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:03 am

Looks like they have about 4 or 5 albums on Amazon. Pretty cheap too.

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:07 am

The fist big album from the 80's, A Crystal Logic is somewhat different then their sound now.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 pm

So this thread prompted me to go out and get the disc. And I am enjoying it very much. I had no idea that a lot of the songs and themes are based off of Dune. Great playing and production on this release, which seems to be band recorded and produced.

Will definitely check into their back catalog.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

metalken wrote:
which seems to be band recorded and produced.

And the dude also draws his own artworks too. I dig A Crystal Vision - very tasty mix of M. Fate meets Iron Maiden. the new stuff has been a tad too modern for me though. Haven't checked the new one yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:07 pm

I've been checking out some samples from these guys and it's really quite impressive. The singer sounds a lot like Lance King when he gets up into his upper range but has a lot more grit and attitude in his voice down lower. Can't wait to explore the back catalog further, another good band!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 am

Such a great band. I have been building my Sacred Oath collection slowly (their albums are not easy to come by) and have lately purchased Ravensong on cd.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm

New Sacred Oath titled Return Of The Dragon to be released on April 2:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Sacred Oath. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sacred Oath.   New Sacred Oath. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sacred Oath.
Page 1 of 1