Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed

Go down 
+23
JDC
Fat Freddy
kmorg
GrandNational
mc666
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Sutekh
stevegarveyfan
metalheaded
MEGATRON
exact33
steelers
Orion Crystal Ice
jerseyultifan+
Troublezone
Stender
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Nah I dig the hot and cool color contrasts with the pink and everything. The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 11840

I am sooooooooooo getting this just for the other demo stuff besides downward spiral. The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:17 am

This cover is AWESOME!!!

You folks are all smoking dope!!!

The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_wink

One of the coolest cover I've ever seen!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 am

I like the logo, Don't like the dude though, looks to rendered. A painting or drawing is always better imo, but hey, it looks pretty decent for a computer animated cover.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 am

Computer animated covers can look good ("The Formation Of Damnation"), but this one fails.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 am

i've still never heard a single note from these dudes. had them on my "to buy" list for ages, but keep putting it off.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 am

I give it a 7 out of 10. I would have liked to see a downward spiral type of stairs theme, but it's not bad.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

I'd rate this cover a 10/10.

One of the best I've seen all year.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:22 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Here's the guy who did that art....

[url=http://www.deathisgain.com
www.deathisgain.com[/quote[/url]] I know this dude from blabberjesus. He has a sick calendar you can buy. He does some awesome digital metal renderings and 3D stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 am

When it comes down to it i'm going to be playing the cd not staring at the cover art. I think it is decent enough.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I like the original way more.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

kmorg wrote:
THAT AVATAR RULES!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:25 pm

T-Roy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
THAT AVATAR RULES!!! Laughing very hard

They can play along to any tune you put on too Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:33 pm

kmorg wrote:

Weird. I don't get all the negative comments.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 pm

kmorg wrote:

Really? You like this better?
The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 1476_05_27_2005_3_19_03_mosh_down The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 1476_03_17_2010_11_11_41_mosh_spiralcover

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Yes. The new one is very "fake" looking to me, all the while the original has charm. The original also looks more thrah then the new one. The new one looks like a snapshot from a video game or something.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

I think the guy looks like a Pixar cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 pm

As I said, I liked the concept of the first much better, but the quality, I don't prefer on either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Pretty cool. Definitely an improvement over the original.

I could swear I used to have a comic book in my old collection that had front cover very similar to this image, but I'm damned if I can remember the name of it now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I could swear I used to have a comic book in my old collection that had front cover very similar to this image, but I'm damned if I can remember the name of it now.

Found it! I knew the name would come to me if I obsessed about it for a few minutes.

The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Af60_12

Obviously this cover is a little cartoonier than the Moshketeers cover (which is far more sinister) but you can definitely see the similarity.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Found it! I knew the name would come to me if I obsessed about it for a few minutes.

Obviously this cover is a little cartoonier than the Moshketeers cover (which is far more sinister) but you can definitely see the similarity.
LMAO, OH YEAH...TOTALLY ALIKE!!! The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 37951 insane
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ha! Classic. The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to imply that the Moshketeers artist "borrowed" the idea from this comic cover, not at all. Just that when I saw the Moshketeer art, this picture jumped into my mind right away.

I know, I know, I'm a geek. Don't bother pointing it out. I'm already aware of it. The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:37 pm

GEEK!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

T-Roy wrote:
GEEK!

I heard that.

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Really? You like this better?
The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 1476_05_27_2005_3_19_03_mosh_down The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 1476_03_17_2010_11_11_41_mosh_spiralcover

This is what I was talking about when I said that it would have been cool to have the stairs theme in the new one, not those original stairs, but something that would work with the new artwork.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed   The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Moshketeers Downward Spiral new cover art revealed
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next