Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Egotistical CDInzane!

Go down 
+4
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
Wargod
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Egotistical CDInzane! Empty
PostSubject: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Ok most of you know I don't buy from CDIzane anymore because of there business ethics and there treatment of customers. They are terrible at it and to make matters worse they think they are god of online cd vendors of what they carry.

Here is another mad site and this site is very well know from their Ezine. Anyway here is what transpired with them. And if you buy from them that is ok but they are slowly ruining there business and customers. I know so many people who quit buying from them, I did.

Here is what happened!

I'm sorry that I even have to bother with this, but a retailer/site sponsor has gone on public record with a business complaint, so I need to set the record straight for anyone who sees this and wonders what on earth it is about.

First - the statement. This message was sent out last night on the CD Inzane mailing list. It was written by the business owner Zane in regards to his attempts to get me to agree to letting his company set up merch tables at my upcoming MelodicRockFest event.

Zane states: "MELODIC ROCK II FESTIVAL A "NO GO"!!! (Andrew McNeice & www.melodicrock.com): Over the last 6 weeks, we've received many calls and now have to reveil the bad news. Many inquiries over our sponsoring Andrew McNeice and his site, www.melodicrock.com have come thru, asking if we can bring certain CDs, DVDs to the show and the excitement about meeting your CDINZANE staff at the show. Well to finally fill everyone in, it is a disappointing "NO, CDINZANE is not allowed as a vendor to the festival, we've not been invited and when asked if we can have a few tables, Andrew has told Zane NO!!!" This is very disappointing as the show is in our backyard and many of you we've not met at the other killer festivals like www.chicagopowerfest.com or www.propowerusa.com or the www.bravewords.com festivals. While CDINZANE.com has given Andrew McNeice thousands of dollars in investment to keep his site running and "looking good" over the past 5 years, we know now Andrew has alternatives in acceptance of our sponsorship dollars, but no intention of "Unionship in metal" as a real partner. Our entire staff is saddened about this greed. Please drop us a line and let us know if you think we should continue advertising thru his site..."

Now the facts:

Zane asked several times over the past few months to set up his mobile CD retail business at MRF2. Unfortunately for Zane, I had to decline this request as I already had organized a partnership with another business to retail CDs myself on the day at my event. Zane was notified February 12. I did not hear back from him on this matter.
Two other retail businesses also asked if they could be involved at the show and I declined those requests also. Both businesses - Impulse Music and Nightmare Records replied immediately, appreciated what I was going to do and wished me every success for the event. Very classy.

Still no word from CD Inzane until today – a month later, when the newsletter above was sent out to all and sundry. No class here whatsoever. I take issue with a couple of the comments in this piece of self-serving PR.
First - CD Inzane's claim of "investing thousands of dollars to help keep this site running". Well, not really… This company has not invested one cent into MelodicRock.com without getting something back for it. What they have done is taken out paid advertising in the form of banner ads - which in turn alert people to their store and help earn them money. After all, that's the whole point – for them and everyone else advertising.
Zane's comment here makes it sound as if his company has gone out of their way to invest in MR.com solely for my own benefit. The truth is that Zane has consistently paid invoices late and complained about almost every payment, often claiming how other sites are cheaper to advertise with and give him better results, not to mention also constantly dictated the positioning of the banner.
As for my "greed" - I am going to sell merch at my MRF show to benefit the long term future of this site. Should that not be the way it should be? I made no mention of any cost to Inzane for participating at my event, as I wasn't interested in his involvement. How have I been greedy?

And the excitement of fans at the event meeting the "CD Inzane staff", had I known there was such excitement, I could have booked them as the opening act and sold some tickets to these eager fans.

This is not the first stunt CD Inzane has pulled on me. I removed his advertising for a week or so last year when I found he was selling the artist promo copies he demanded of MRCD5 on the CD Inzane website - undercutting my own retail price here. A real show of "unionship in metal" there!
But it will be his last stunt. He has apparently asked his reader base whether he should continue "supporting" my site. Well Zane, I made that decision for you first thing this morning when I saw your comments. CD Inzane advertising has been pulled from MR.com and it will be the last time I deal with him or his company.

Sadly, this is not the end of it. One previously loyal customer of CD Inzane (Max) posted his ridiculous rant on my Noticeboard. It was after all, now a public domain statement. Here is the message sent to Max after Zane saw he posted it:
"I think you know the answer to anymore purchases from our database. Apparently, you feel the need after how kind we've been to you to be the "center informant" to someone we kindly stated our company is having a problem with. I do not understand why you've done this when you have seemed a satisfied customer with multiple purchases over the years.
In any case, as we've made the decision not to work with Andrew due to obvious issues, ego and super-fan stardome he has, we now must delete your account as well with our store. We ask your respect to stay clear of our tables and staff at future shows as well.
With thousands in investment in business and between two business that should have seperated a long time ago, it was really not expected of you to be the "center of the attention" to the MR.com forum; something I got multiple calls on starting at noon today.
I've over 19-pages of response with only 23% stating "continue advertising". It is simple and MR.com is one of only 40+ sites we've banners either purchased for or donated placed by.
Sorry Max, but I did not think that someone like you from Sacramento would stab someone who's not done anything to you, and one of whom we see every year visiting our merch booth in Atlanta. We wish you well but will not work with you again in the future."

So it seems Zane is deleting customers from his database if you voice support for this site. I will no longer support his company via any kind of advertising here, but asking my readers to boycott his company is just ridiculous and something I would never do. If you are happy with them, good luck to you! If not...may I suggest any of the other wonderful advertisers featured on this site - none of which I have ever had any issues with.

Sorry for this long winded explanation, but sometimes you just have to stand up for what is right and set the record straight. Thanks for reading...

Taken from Melodicrock.com

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:45 pm

I had an issue with Inzane a few months ago for an order and was left with a negative impression of how he runs his company. It was my one and only time I ever dealt with them and I will never order from him again and will let everyone know they just aren't a good company.

This wasn't my issue but it's incredibly shifty that you can offer so many CDs but then put in the fine print that you might not actually even have those titles in stock. Granted, this can happen anywhere, but most online shops will actually tell you when an item out of stock so you won't waste your time ordering it, you don't just sit in the dark and then have half your order slashed.

I've read more than enough horror stories about Zane's temper tantrums with dissatisfied customers. I even came across a metal board one time where he registered to personally insult and bash a guy who was respectfully saying that he was not happy with the service. It's obvious he's emotional, petty and without class and I'm glad a powerful site like MRDC isn't dealing with him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 pm

I like CDInzane. Use them a lot. Never have had any problems with them though.

Sorry to hear you have.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:56 am

I reluctantly try CD Inzane occasionally, generally for the Sales section. However, every single time I've ever ordered an import from them, I've gotten the regular version. And each one arrived late, by, like, months. To their credit, though, each time they refunded my money and let me keep the disc, but I think it's clear that the business side of things could be better.

I won't take sides, though. Zane, whoever he is, hasn't insulted me or ripped me off, so I've got no beef. I won't ever buy another import, though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:13 am

I don't like the way they do business either. In addition to the out of stock issues, I can't believe that in this day & age, an online store can't even send an order acknowledgement email or have an 800 number for you to call for customer service.

I've ordered from there a couple times but only as a last resort.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Wow, I'm surprised at all the negative feedback surrounding CD Inzane here.

They have been nothing but one of the best possible vendors for me for years now.

I've always gotten the import version when I order it.

I've always been able to call and get a person right away.

They've always been nothing but professional and nice to me.

And ... I've never had an order from them that took more than three days to get here!!!

I'd rate them a 10/10 for distro!

I use them more than anyone else except Amazon, ebay and Half.com.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey, some people claim Paypal is run by a bunch of crooks. I've never had an issue with them. Some people say Internet Explorer is the worst browser ever, always locking up and crashing. I've never had an issue with it. Some people here think I'm an asshole, some think I'm a great guy.

Basically, not everyone is going to be pleased with things.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:08 pm

I hear ya.

Egotistical CDInzane! 495333
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
some think I'm a great guy.

You got proof of that? Gimme names or it didn't happen. Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_wink

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Anybody who idolized Herbert Kornfeld can't be all bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised at all the negative feedback surrounding CD Inzane here.

They have been nothing but one of the best possible vendors for me for years now.

I've always gotten the import version when I order it.

I've always been able to call and get a person right away.

They've always been nothing but professional and nice to me.

And ... I've never had an order from them that took more than three days to get here!!!

I'd rate them a 10/10 for distro!

I use them more than anyone else except Amazon, ebay and Half.com.

For years they were great but the last 6 months they have been horrible in fact they even lied to me when I saw them with there both at a concert. Was looking for Riverside - ADHD limited they basically told me there are no more around no site have it. Well I got home went to Amazon found it ordered it and for much less than they were asking.

Your day will come MB trust me.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Just the fact that that site doesn't have the decency to send me an email detailing what I've ordered is a HUGE red flag for me.

BTW, I attribute this to sheer arrogance. Every other freakin' site I order from at least sends me an email stating what I ordered, the date I ordered it and the price on the day I ordered it.

Not this fool though. If he decides to jack up the price of a CD I preorder, I have no proof of what the price was when I ordered it.

That's idiocy IMO. Hence the reason I order from them only about once a year.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 am

I just pre ordered the new Avantasia from him. It will be the first thing I actually got from him given that I actually get the item. The only other time I tried to get something from him was an Anvil cd that I waited over a month for and finally tried to contact him about it and found out that they didn't have it anymore. Like Toho, I to wonder how every other site sends you invoice for your order how is it they don't?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Well CDInzane is at it again and some may agree or disagree with them I for one don't agree with them what so ever! When you read this CDInzane will not even come close to losing $2000 in sales I've been where they played and at the most I'd say maybe 150 showed up for the show. They go to the show to see Hammerfall not CDInzane. Sure it's a bonus if some vendors are there. I know Nightmare Records was probably going to be there and I doubt Lance would have mad a big fuss over it unlike CDInzane.

Egotistical CDInzane! 10th_Anniversary_Banner

SAY "NO" TO HAMMERFALL!

We are deeply sorry for not seeing you all at "Station 4" in St. Paul, Minnesota last night. Upon arrival at 3pm, all 4 vendors at this show were told by Hammerfall's tour manager, that there was not to be any sales other than by the band. Reading below will show the complaint sent to Nuclear Blast Germany last night as well as their Hawthorne Office in the U.S.

"Tonight many vendors were scheduled for sales at Station 4 for the Hammerfall show. We've been working a merchandise cd / dvd booth for years at the club. Hammerfall's tour manager demanded we not have a booth as well as the 3 other vendors.
WWW.CDINZANE.COM works directly with the U.S. office of CM/NB and purchases thousands of dollars in sales thru them. As of this evening, because Hammerfall's tour manager cost us at least $2000 + in sales loss plus 2 days of planning to do the show at Station 4, We will NEVER carry any titles, sell anymore titles or do any further promotion for the band Hammerfall. We marketed for 1 week in advertising with the club promotor. Many were coming out for the event. We recommend contacting this tour manager with the band and letting him know he's severely hurt sales on this side of the world for the band."

As of today March 19th, 2010, because some people think it's "their right" to tell supporting company's what they can and cannot do and show a sheer act of disrespect when coming to our country, WWW.CDINZANE.COM will perminently discontinue carrying anything to do with Hammerfall. This is the decision we have made.

In the future: We are very tight in a "Metal Union" with the club promotor Nathan Block. He and I see metal and unity. I know Nathan was very irritated and saddened by this response from Hammerfall's Manager. We've done ton's of shows over the past 2 years at this club and grew up with the club. Out of respect for a "smooth night", we left instead of fighting.

Again, we are sorry for disappointing those of you that responded to going out to see the band and in wanting to purchase tons of great imports from our advertising all week long, at this show.

CD INZANE LLC Staff

NOTE: Those of you that went to the show to see us, please scan your ticket and in return, we'll give you a 30% off discount on any phone order thru Saturday.

Contact us at:
(763) 391-9344 anytime Friday or Saturday if you would like to order. Again, we are sorry for a decision outside of our control!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 am

Yeah, I got this email from them today too.

Not sure what to make of it.

To me it kinda sounded like Hammerfall's manager was to blame though.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:12 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Yeah, I got this email from them today too.

Not sure what to make of it.

To me it kinda sounded like Hammerfall's manager was to blame though.

Partially I agree but then why deos CDInzane have to make a big fuss over this? I mean most of their sales are internet this would have been a bonus for them but since Hammerfalls manager told them no, they should have said ok.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:24 am

Hmmm...shades of Timo Tollki in those rants. Haha.

And I don't know why you guys aren't getting invoices, because I get them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 pm

I got invoices with the shipment. What I didn't get was an email acknowledging my order. You know, just a simple email stating that my order has been received. I got nothing so for all I knew there was a glitch on their end and they never got my order.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I got invoices with the shipment. What I didn't get was an email acknowledging my order. You know, just a simple email stating that my order has been received. I got nothing so for all I knew there was a glitch on their end and they never got my order.
I got this last time I ordered (3/5):

Quote :
Kenneth,
This is your CD Inzane Order Confirmation.

All orders ship ASAP, usually within hours, but please allow up to 5 business days, as a worse case scenario, for your order to ship!!! If an item in your order suddenly becomes backordered, you will be notified immediately!!! All orders containing "Preorders" will not ship until the preordered item is in stock!!! We do this to save you shipping costs!!! Please call us at 763-391-9344 if you have any questions!!! Thank-you for choosing "the loudest site on the web!!!" Thank-you for choosing CD Inzane...

Your Order Summary:

Your CD Inzane Invoice - Order Num: 28590
And there was more after that, showing what I'd ordered, all my personal info, etc. Maybe they didn't send them before? They need to chill on the exclamation points, though. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Well, it's been a long time since I ordered from them so maybe they finally listened to all the complaints and starting sending order acknowledgements.

I see you still have to call long distance if you have a question though. That's lame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well, it's been a long time since I ordered from them so maybe they finally listened to all the complaints and starting sending order acknowledgements.

I see you still have to call long distance if you have a question though. That's lame.
I have a folder on my PC called Stuff Bought (Rcv'd), where I just move all the e-mails of stuff I ordered after I receive it. (I'm an e-hoarder, I guess.) Anyway, I've got all the e-mails going back to 2007, and there are only three from CD Inzane. The oldest from 11/09. So this must be a new thing.

By the way, there are 692 e-mails in this folder. In three years, I've place 700 online orders. Nuts!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 pm

Geez, I thought I was bad.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:18 pm

I've never gotten an invoice ever from them or email confirmation all I ever got was their cards!

Doesn't matter I'm done buying from them anyway.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I've never gotten an invoice ever from them or email confirmation all I ever got was their cards!

Doesn't matter I'm done buying from them anyway.

Wargod51
Even if they have a really great deal on something you want? lol!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:49 pm

For me, CDInzane has been good.

But I can relate to Wargod here though.

Because I feel the exact same way about The End/Omega. Won't order from them unless they are THE LAST resort.

I'll pay extra money to avoid them. Bad experiences. Other people like them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egotistical CDInzane!   Egotistical CDInzane! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Egotistical CDInzane!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: