Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WASP 2008 concert review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

WASP 2008 concert review Empty
PostSubject: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 am

Thought I was late but wasn't The Poor hadn't even come out on stage so I was there 10 minutes before they came on stage. When they were playing I was TOO hungry and impatient to see WASP to appreciate them but they were pretty good had an awful feeling prior to the concert that they were a wanky emo band but no they were a dinky dye aussie pub rock band and they sounded like a combination of AC/DC and Airbourne with a bit of Jet blended in. No opening band could of caught my attention before WASP came on unless they were a top band on my music list.

WASP came on stage the moment Id been waiting for for the past four years had arrived. They played the whole set of Crimson Idol Blackie Lawless hadn't changed at all and still had the charisma and energy he had 20 years ago. It was only a day before when I bought the album Crimson Idol which is WASP's best album undoubtably and very emotional and intense and I can relate to some of the bits in the story and when he played the songs of the album Smurf man it was like three times more intense I was disappointed at first that Chris Holmes wasn't the guitar player but then I realised that he would of been the wrong guitar player to play the songs from Crimson Idol. Also to my surprise there werent any theatrics which wasn't a bad thing since they dropped that almost 20 years ago when they released out Headless Children just an unreleased video that was made back when the album was recorded and man it really shows you behind the walls of a rock star's life and how its not cracked up as its meant to be but still his biggest strength was that it was his main job and he longer had to work his day job and thats my intention as a musician no wanky Hollywood fame smurf poo. After they played the whole set of Crimson Idol I could understand why Blackie needed to take a break for about 5 mins because I think the story is similar to some parts in Blackie's life even most of the story is fiction and he probably became very emotional.
During the break he played an Elvis Presley video which was pretty cool when they came back they played all the classics like Mean Machine, Wild Child, I wanna be Somebody and Blind in Texas. After they got off the only thought that came in my mind was I want more!! That was the only formula missing with the concert but looking back I can understand it will be emotionally exhausting for Blackie to that album every night so I don't blame him. If I had the money I would of done whatever I could of done to attend the extra concert in Melbourne the one Blackie got all the fans to choose the setlist man I would die fucken happy but can't have everything and I am sure this won't be the last time WASP will tour Australia hopefully I might get to see them live if I ever back in Germany for a visit. Best concert so far and the most memorable
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 am

Where are the photos?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am

Man, I'm exhausted just reading that review ! WASP 2008 concert review Icon_smile Sounds great though. I haven't seen WASP since their debut album tour.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:31 am

I've never seen WASP live and they are one of my all time favorite bands! BOOHOO!!!

WASP 2008 concert review Crying_baby
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 am

This WASP tour was really good. I saw them in Oslo earlier this year.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
This WASP tour was really good. I saw them in Oslo earlier this year.

SHOW OFF!!!

WASP 2008 concert review 19976 WASP 2008 concert review 19976 WASP 2008 concert review 19976
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Seen WASP a few times. All but one of those times they were outstanding. The last time I saw them they had Lizzy Borden opening up for them. IMO Lizzy blew WASP away. Lizzy's show was so great that when WASP hit the stage, they just didn't stand a chance.

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Where are the photos?

unfortunately I didnt take any photos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WASP 2008 concert review   WASP 2008 concert review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WASP 2008 concert review
Page 1 of 1