Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Dominates Your Collection?

Go down 
+35
Jesusandmetal23
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
snooloui
Waylon
FlyingV
Dave the Boss
krokus
TheGooch
rattpoison
Addy
SAHB Healer
stevegarveyfan
mc666
exact33
Wargod
Orion Crystal Ice
Schbopo
Lari
jstate
nevermore
Metallic Blaze
T-Roy
tohostudios
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
manny
Eyesore
akeldama
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Who Dominates Your Collection? Empty
PostSubject: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

At lunch today, I was updating my excel spread sheet with some recent additons to my collection and noticed that certain bands had way more releases than others. The top contender was:

Motorhead with 27 different releases

followed up by:
Aerosmith - 22
Megadeth / Beatles tied @ 20

Studio albums, live discs, box sets, compilations, ep's, singles, dvd's, etc. Who dominates your music collection?

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm

I don't have my CDs in front of me so I can't tell you the exact #s, but I know I have a crapload of stuff by the following:

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS, Megadeth, Metallica, W.A.S.P., the Ramones, Overkill, Helloween, Savatage

In almost all of these cases I own the entire studio discography of each band (or close to it), plus live albums, the occasional EP or CD single, and various other odds and ends.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:22 pm

I don't recall any exact numbers. Bu the top five of my collection is the following:

1- Judas Priest
2- Nazareth
3- Kiss
4- Helloween
5- Accept
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:22 pm

I think it's Prince with 37 releases. But I have a lot of complete or near complete discographies by a lot of bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

King's X. All their studio albums [plus some doubles with Japanese presses], all their side projects/solo albums, and about 70 bootlegs dating back to 1980. After that, somewhere around 60 Metallica cds. I own just about every cd-single they ever released. But my Metallica collection will be up on ebay within the month.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Hmmm...let's see.

Top three:

Def Leppard - 63
Therapy? - 53
Ani DiFranco - 44

Some others:

Tori Amos - 38
Monster Magnet - 37
System Of A Down - 36
The Coral - 31
311 - 28
Helloween - 27
Insane Clown Posse - 27

No surprise on the top three, really. Def Leppard is obvious, but Therapy? and Ani DiFranco have just released a ton of material over the years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm

The Doors-44

Deep Purple-46

If anyone is interested here is a link to my music collection, minus a few bootlegs and soundtracks:

http://rateyourmusic.com/~manny777
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:34 pm

I figured I'd be a little behind with my numbers compared to some of you guys, but wow. Although allot of my discographies are missing some live albums and comps.

Quote :
Insane Clown Posse - 27

Have those destroyed. Who Dominates Your Collection? 47715

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:48 pm

I have complete or almost complete discographies of:

Accept
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
The Rolling Stones
Jimi Hendrix ( I have like 35 to 38 CD's, DVD's etc) and many others.

and many others
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I figured I'd be a little behind with my numbers compared to some of you guys, but wow. Although allot of my discographies are missing some live albums and comps.

Quote :
Insane Clown Posse - 27

Dude, I was a fan long before they got popular. I used to own nearly everything they put out but sold a lot of it in the Air Force. I couldn't resist making $300 on a one-track cassette tape, you know. Rare as hell, but...see ya! Haha. When that band blew up, those kids were paying ridiculous amounts of money for their stuff. I probably made close to $5,000 by selling all their rare items.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Aerosmith
Kiss
Ted Nugent
Judas Priest
Thin Lizzy
Motorhead
Mortification

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
Insane Clown Posse - 27

Dude, I was a fan long before they got popular. I used to own nearly everything they put out but sold a lot of it in the Air Force. I couldn't resist making $300 on a one-track cassette tape, you know. Rare as hell, but...see ya! Haha. When that band blew up, those kids were paying ridiculous amounts of money for their stuff. I probably made close to $5,000 by selling all their rare items.

Nothing wrong with making a little coin. But those Juggaloo fans make me weep for our nation's youth. Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_sad

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Fun question.

I don't know without looking (I'm at work) which band I have the most of, but I do know I have more albums with Rob Rock singing than any other vocalist. So, Rob Rock dominates my collection.

What I have:

6 Impelliterri
4 Solo
1 Fires of Babylon
1 Driver
1 Axel Rudi Pell
1 Warrior

14 full albums with Rob Rock as vocalist. Awesome!

Also his Avantasia appearences.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
Insane Clown Posse - 27

Nothing wrong with making a little coin. But those Juggaloo fans make me weep for our nation's youth. Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_sad
I think I've mentioned the time in an Arkansas mall where some little kid shouts from about 200 feet away, "What's up, Juggaloooooo! Much clown love. Woop woop!" And he was throwing up some signature RF gangsta retard claws.

When I realized he was talking to me, I was mortified. Never wore an ICP shirt again. Prior to 1996, no one ever knew who that group was and I could rock a shirt without incident. After that...well, it was a tad frightening. Haha.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm in the process of creating my own Excel sheet. Haven't gotten so far, but those up now:

Kiss - 37
Alice Cooper - 24
Annihilator - 13
Stryper - 11
Blind Guardian - 10

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm

hahaha I had those same experiences Eyesore but my ICP collection is all gone.

My biggest collections are

Helloween
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Kiss
Def Leppard
King Diamond
Blind Guardian
Megadeth

I should realy go through my stuff and see what everything tallys up to be.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Just 3 off the top of my head

Maiden
Overkill
Megadeth

and Stryper(If you count CD's,Vinyl,Cassettes and singles)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

The Angels - 17
Styx - 15
Jethro Tull - 14
KMFDM - 13
Michael Stanley - 13
AC/DC - 12
Tony Carey - 12
Edguy - 12
John Mellencamp - 12
Pink Cream 69 - 12
Gotthard - 11
Ministry - 11
Nightwish - 11
Blue Oyster Cult - 10
Dropkick Murphys - 10
Less Than Jake - 10
Blind Guardian - 10

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Deliverance and Living Sacrifice for sure have the biggest presence.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Here's mine in order (I have the entire discography of some, and almost the entire of others):

1. Sodom (everything they have ever done, minus a few rare bootlegs and live albums)

2. Clan of Xymox (everything except their new one)

3. Virgin Steele (everything but their last one)

4. Depeche Mode (everything)

5. Manowar (most)

6. Stryper (most)

7. Mortification (most, but I've been thinking of selling. a bit burnt out on them lately)

8. The Cure (most)

9. Sonata Arctica (most)

10. Petra (most)

11. White Lion (all)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

KISS
Black Sabbath
Thin Lizzy
Alice Cooper
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Motley Crue, King Diamond, and Suicidal Tendencies have dominant spots due to all the multiple versions and formats that I always feel compelled to get. I've lost count how many different times I've bought Abigail.

Many years back I found a ICP in-store promo disc in a dump bin. At the time they were just starting to get a lot of publicity so I figured I'd spend a dollar to see what all the controversy was. I didn't hate it at all, although they were radio friendly mixes so I probably was missing out on them in their full glory. A friend of a friend later traded me a bunch of Dropkick Murphy's discs just for that one promo.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 pm

If singles and all that count...

Judas Priest - 24
Iron Maiden - 21
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Helloween
King's X
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Here's mine in order (I have the entire discography of some, and almost the entire of others):

1. Sodom (everything they have ever done, minus a few rare bootlegs and live albums)

2. Clan of Xymox (everything except their new one)

3. Virgin Steele (everything but their last one)

4. Depeche Mode (everything)

5. Manowar (most)

6. Stryper (most)

7. Mortification (most, but I've been thinking of selling. a bit burnt out on them lately)

8. The Cure (most)

9. Sonata Arctica (most)

10. Petra (most)

11. White Lion (all)

Looking at our lists MB, I think you and I are the most "all over the place" so far.

PostSubject: Re: Who Dominates Your Collection?   Who Dominates Your Collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Dominates Your Collection?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next