Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Empty
PostSubject: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:19 pm

http://www.teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/year-long-disaster-black-magic-all-mysteries-revealed/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Nice review.

I was supposed to see these guys live, opening for Motorhead the last time they came through town, but they dropped off the bill at the last minute. I had no idea who they were at the time and had to look them up. I seem to remember they had some connection to the Kinks. One of Ray Davies kids is in the band I think. What I heard from them wasn't bad, but didin't blow me away. I thought seeing them live might make a difference.

Your review sounds like they might have improved some since their last release.

EDIT: Daniel Davies is the son of Dave Davies of the Kinks.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Cool. Writing reviews for Teeth of the Divine again?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice review.

I was supposed to see these guys live, opening for Motorhead the last time they came through town, but they dropped off the bill at the last minute. I had no idea who they were at the time and had to look them up. I seem to remember they had some connection to the Kinks. One of Ray Davies kids is in the band I think. What I heard from them wasn't bad, but didin't blow me away. I thought seeing them live might make a difference.

I thought the last release was fantastic. Really looking forward to this new one.

Glad to see a positive review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Cool. Writing reviews for Teeth of the Divine again?

Yup...easing back in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice review.

I thought the last release was fantastic. Really looking forward to this new one.

Glad to see a positive review.

Don't know how they compare musically, but YLD reminds me of another 3-piece with famous music connections. Ever hear of these guys Eyesore...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/tab-the-band-t7920.htm?highlight=tab+the+band

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Hmmm...never heard them, but I kind of dig it. I'll have to listen more.

And there's a Delux, Massachusetts? Sweet! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic   YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YEAR LONG DISASTER - Black Magic
Page 1 of 1