Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gene Loves Jezebel

Go down 
+7
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
James B.
manny
Shiney
tohostudios
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm

I was digging through the Toho Vault today looking for something I hadn't listened to in awhile and I dug out this band. I'd describe them as a harder edged version of The Cure. Anybody else like them?

MB, if you don't know this band, I think it's one you'd like.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

I digs 'em...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah me too.

I think their music has aged pretty well. I don't think the fact that those two tracks are almost 20 years old shows at all.

BTW, I am not at all surprised that you'd like this band Shiney.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:43 pm

This band won me over when I saw them live, cool band, thanks for posting this videos, which reminds me I need to add this band to my CD collection.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 pm

I think I only know their tune "Jealous" which is great ! I may have to look into them more.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 pm

007 wrote:
I think I only know their tune "Jealous" which is great ! I may have to look into them more.

That's all I remember hearing by them, killer hook in that tune. Both in the guitar riff and vocal melody of the verse.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:54 am

Hmmm...never thought I'd like this band, but those two songs are pretty excellent. Might have to check them out. I think The House of Dolls is in a used bin near me for like $2.99.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:01 am

I LOVE this band!

Good call Toho. One of my faves right here.

Too bad Jay and Michael can't get along. They are twins afterall.

There are now two versions of Gene Loves Jezebel, and there has been since the mid-90s.

Despite the horrible fighting that has scarred this band, they remain one of the great goth acts from the 80s.

Favorite albums:

The House of Dolls
Discover

They are all good though (at least of the ones I've heard - I still need to fill the remaining holes)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 am

I remember them. I like 'em... They have a slight Cult influence.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Funny, I thought the only thing Gene loves was money.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
Funny, I thought the only thing Gene loves was money.

Gene Loves Jezebel Lol

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I remember them. I like 'em... They have a slight Cult influence.

That true. Now that I think about it - they do have a Cult sound. Kinda like The Cult meets The Cure.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Toho, what albums do you have?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:24 pm

I have "Heavenly Bodies" and "Kiss Of Life".

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have "Heavenly Bodies" and "Kiss Of Life".

I need both of those.

I only currently have "Discover" and "The House of Dolls".
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Their most classic stuff for their fans was the goth stuff from the 80's. I think Heavenly Bodies was an attempt to adapt to the 90's and The Cult influence. Like the similar albums from Balaam and The Angel and The Front, Heavenly Bodies ended up being my favorite by them. It's really a great album, but like many great Glam albums of that era it was the wrong time to be appreciated. Three years earlier it might have been huge.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am

tohostudios wrote:
I was digging through the Toho Vault today looking for something I hadn't listened to in awhile and I dug out this band. I'd describe them as a harder edged version of The Cure. Anybody else like them?

MB, if you don't know this band, I think it's one you'd like.

Yeah, I like them... I remember really liking them ever since I head "Desire" in the "She's Having a Baby Soundtrack". I also loved "Jelous". Not sure if I would describe them as a harder edge cure, but I suppose some songs can have that vibe. Either way, good bad. I also saw them live a few years back, and they put on a good show.

Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 am

It's funny that we were mentioning them. I just found out yesterday they are coming to El Paso on April, along with Missing Persons. At only $15 a ticket, I might just check them out.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Neuropete wrote:
It's funny that we were mentioning them. I just found out yesterday they are coming to El Paso on April, along with Missing Persons. At only $15 a ticket, I might just check them out.

Which version of the band? Jay or Michaels? They are both writing and touring under the same name.

I really wish they wouldn't do that. It hurts the fans. One of them at least should change the name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gene Loves Jezebel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gene Loves Jezebel   Gene Loves Jezebel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gene Loves Jezebel
Page 1 of 1