Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olympic Hockey

Go down 
+16
exact33
thejokeriv
Joe
TheGooch
7thSaviour
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
T-Roy
jstate
FlyingV
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Lari
Metallic Blaze
Addy
SAHB Healer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Man, they look like their wearing concrete skates. No checking and their slap-shots are so slow. I'm sorry, I can't do it.

Women's basketball has come a long way and some of the women are at or just above the rim, but it's still to grounded for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:18 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, they look like their wearing concrete skates. No checking and their slap-shots are so slow. I'm sorry, I can't do it.

Women's basketball has come a long way and some of the women are at or just above the rim, but it's still to grounded for my tastes.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I didn't realize it was women's hockey last night. We were at a friend's house and I thought they were showing a juniors exhibition or something.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 pm

oh that's cold! fainting
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Go Team USA! Beat Cana-duh and da Russkies!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

uh,oh! I hope the fire department isn't on Hockey Time at work like I am. "we'll be right over as soon as the Women's game comes on".
I'm doing all my work either during the women's games or between periods.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Ha, yeah. That's about right SAHB.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:11 am

Shootouts are ga-hey. Seriously, can't we go back to having ties? Especially in the round-robin part of the tournament.

T-Roy wrote:
oh that's cold! fainting
I love major junior hockey. The game is so fast and players so wreckless. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Kurt, um, yeah....sorry about that butt whoopin' today in hockey. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Canada got lucky!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

i saw a thing on tv about when the US won gold in 1980 against the ussr. quite a shot
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:17 pm

A crazy night for hockey fans tonight. We have:

Czech - Russia (Rivalry that goes back to the communist era + insane offensive talent)
Canada - USA (Big rivalry, first true test for the host team + for all Hawks fans it's Kane vs Toews!)
Finland - Sweden (Another major rivalry + it's the 2006 Olympic finals rematch!)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Yeah. Tonight is an awesome line-up. Six great teams.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:59 pm

USA Wins!!!!! Olympic Hockey - Page 2 6
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Joe wrote:
USA Wins!!!!! Olympic Hockey - Page 2 6

U S A !!!!! U S A !!!!!!!

Nice to see Crosby lose since I am a Capitals fan!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 pm

USA really wanted it more. Man, that goalie was amazing.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Miller has been one of the moset underrated goalies with Buffalo for years. Unfortunately he hasn't had much help since Drury and Brier left town.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 am

Canada ran into another hot goalie, which is the what can make the Olympics so unpredictable. Looks like they will have to beat Germany for the right to play Russia! USA should get the winner of Swiss-Belarus (unless Sweden wins really big tonight over Finland by six goals) in which case the US might have to face the very tough Slovaks. This is how I figure it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 am

It'll be:

USA vs Switzerland/Belarus (shouldn't really matter which one, USA should win)
Sweden vs Slovakia (unless Norway stuns the Slovaks)
Russia vs Canada (Canada has to go through Germany first though)
Finland vs Czech (who play Latvia before)

Then semis:

USA vs Finland/Czech
Sweden/Slovakia vs Russia/Canada

Russia and Canada already playing in the quarters really shows how unpredictable the tournament can get when one of the favourites drops one game and doesn't seed high in the group stage. Real tough luck for the Russians.

And how about Sweden? Looks to the Finns lucked out by losing against Sweden.

My prediction right now: USA vs Canada in the final. That Canada-Russia super-quarter final matchup is a coin-toss. But either way it goes, I don't think the Swedes can match the tempo of either the Russians or Canadians.

Finland vs Czech is tight and can go down to Vokoun vs. Kipper. Rumours have Vokoun going to Chicago after the tournament, so I'd really like to see him do well here. But I'm think USA with the help of the extra day off should be a favourite against either of those two teams.

Then in the final USA beats Canada 9-8. Kane scores seven goals.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 am

What an effort by Team USA! Miller, Rafalski & Brown really played with passion and intensity. This is a huge win obviously as it is a confidence builder and keeps the USA from having to play the extra game in the tournament. We haven't won anything yet but the net effect will carry over into the remaining games. Let's go for the gold!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:56 am

Quarter finals are set. All games are played Wednesday.

USA - Switzerland
Finland - Czech
Sweden - Slovakia
Russia - Canada

Predictions:

I think Switzerland left all they had on the ice last night against Belarus. USA wins by a fair margin.

The Czechs have a fair shot against the Finns, but their performance against Latvia certainly didn't convince. Also, they play their second game in two nights against a rested Finnish team and the Finns have a good skating team. Finland advances.

On paper, the Swedes are pretty much better in everything. Defense, goaltending (Lundqvist is top ten in the world), two-way game... well, scoring forwards are kind of even, Slovakia has quite a few clutch scorers, but most of them are a bit over the hill. But a guy like Hossa or Gaborik can win the game with a great game. Anyway, if the Swedes control the flow and pace, they beat Slovakia easily. If it's open doors hockey... it's a coin toss.

Speaking of coin tosses, when Russia plays Canada, all bets are off! Hopefully this will be an Olympic hockey classic. Kind of sad these two giants meet already in the quarters, but I guess it makes the game that much more important: one team won't even medal! What do I predict here? Mhh.... Crosby owns Ovechkin in big games... so, late in third Canada gets a three-on-one with Duncan Keith starting a rush, taking Crosby and Nash with him, leaves it to Crosby, Crosby plays to Nash, who scores and a whole nation erupts! Canada wins by the magic score of 6-5 (see Canada Cup '87).
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Russia for sure.
USA for sure.

another two are weird. everything can happen. probably Sverige and Suomi.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

USA WINS!!

Man, Switzerland is SO tough!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm

The Czechs and Slovaks both went to sleep and almost got upset last night. Either they got a wake up call or they are gonna lose to Finland and Sweden tonight. I wore my Team Svenska jersey to work tonight.
And the Russia/Canada matchup should be for the ages. What a week of hockey coming up!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Canada - Russia about to start! Should be great. Last time they played (with A squads) Russia won 2-0 in Turin Olympics 2006. But in World Cup (the only other tournament with the best players), Canada beat Russia both in 1996 and 2004. 5-3 and 3-1 respectively.

Before those tournaments, we're talking Canada Cup era (the Olympics back then were with amateurs)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Cup_(ice_hockey)

...and those tournaments were awesome. Canada of course won most of those games, but I'm getting goose bumps just thinking tonight might get anywhere near what those games were like. I know there ain't no cold war anymore, but still.

The international hockey federation also holds world championship games every year, but the quality of the tournament varies and is not very prestigious, but it should be noted Russia beat Canada to win both the 2009 and 2008 tournaments. Canada won gold in 2007.

A true battle of giants. Canada a slight favourite, because of depth, but it's a single elimination game so anything can happen. Should be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympic Hockey   Olympic Hockey - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympic Hockey
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next