Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biomechanical

Go down 
+2
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 7:13 am

I`ve been thinking of checking out this band after reading some very positive reviews on various metal sites on the Internet. Someone calling them a mix between Nevermore and Priest. Sounds very promising!
Does anyone here know them?
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 9:53 am

I don't care for their music at all. Noisy and directionless IMHO.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:06 am

the singer sounds like rob halford, bruce dickinson, philip anselmo and geoff tate (not at the same time of course) which makes for a nice varied vocal work

music combines thrash metal riffage with some synthesiser parts as well.

some cool riffs but they are repeated a tad bit in the same song

still worth looking into

get their second album "empires of the world"

i have heard them described as "experimental thrash"
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:26 am

I agree with the "noisy" description. I don't think they sound anything like Nevermore or Judas Priest.

They have one song that made my eyes pop clear outta my head it was so awesome. But nothing else even came close to that one song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:42 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't care for their music at all. Noisy and directionless IMHO.

Yea, I agree. I was intrigued by the Nevermore/Priest comparisons, so I picked up "Empires of the World". I really tried getting into it, but they're all over the place with the music and vocal styles. It just sounded noisy.

My copy is currently up for bid on eBay. Have at it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200121223150&rd=1&rd=1
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 am

I enjoy the singer's previous band DECEPTOR a lot more than BIOMECHANICAL.
Back to top Go down

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:24 pm

I like them. Yeah, they have this underlying industrial noise going on, but I think overall they're pretty killer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:51 pm

i like them too..they are unusual

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 6:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
I like them. Yeah, they have this underlying industrial noise going on, but I think overall they're pretty killer.

i would have to agree there is a bit of industrial edge to it but killer as described above i would say
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 pm

Thanks for all the useful info guys!
The words noisy and industrial does not turn me on so I woun`t rush to the store, but maybe buy something if I see one cheap, just to check for myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 1:26 pm

Olafsto wrote:
The words noisy and industrial does not turn me on so I woun`t rush to the store, but maybe buy something if I see one cheap, just to check for myself.

This one's still up for auction with no bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200121223150&rd=1&rd=1
Back to top Go down

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Olafsto wrote:
"Noisy" and "industrial" are sort of misnomers. I would say "cluttered" is a better word than "noisy." Sometimes there's just too much going on, I think. And saying there's some industrial involved is also to be taken lightly. There's a sense of something "electronic" going on, I guess you could say. Not industrial in the sense of NIN or something like that.

Check these out:

EMPIRES OF THE WORLD
THE AWAKENING

Both of those songs are good measuring sticks. They're very progressive, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biomechanical Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biomechanical   Biomechanical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biomechanical
Page 1 of 1