Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad English

Go down 
+13
ultmetal
Eyesore
James B.
metalinmyveins
Gilbert
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
MetalRob331
Metallic Blaze
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Any fans of this late 80s/early 90s supergroup? They featured members of The Babys and Journey.

Anyway - they played a very commercial form of hard rock, but I always liked it. Anyone else?

Bad English Bad.english
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:15 am

Anyhting with Neal Schon Im a huge fan of...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Anyhting with Neal Schon Im a huge fan of...

Same here, and Bad English is no exception.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:12 am

I like Neil Schon but this was not his best work. I like how John Waite went from "Wham" to Glam.

Bad English John_Waite_-_Missing_YouBad English John_waite
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:59 am

I always kinda of liked their first album and their 2nd album was good, but I always felt their was something missing from their albums, not bad albums but somewhat disappointing to me considering the past history of the some of the band members.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 am

Decent enough albums! And I agree about the John Waite from Wham to Glam change - good stuff!!! They were totally going for the pop metal look at that time!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:41 am

I was never really into them. I guess for what it was it was okay,but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of them.Like Manny said,for the history of band members,this could and should have been so much better.
Back to top Go down

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 pm

The Schon/Hagar collaboration was so much better.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Bad Music.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Bad Music.

Bad English 25679
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm a huge John Waite fan!!! I loved him with "The Babys", his solo stuff, as well as "Bad English". I think John's voice was one of the best out there for the past 30+ years. I had the pleasure of catching John in concert with Peter Frampton and Journey in 2001. Neil and Jonathan Cain came out and performed a couple of Bad English songs with John. I think it was "Straight to Your Heart" & "When I see You Smile".
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:54 pm

manny wrote:
I always kinda of liked their first album and their 2nd album was good, but I always felt their was something missing from their albums, not bad albums but somewhat disappointing to me considering the past history of the some of the band members.

I hear ya bro... to me it is called "hooks" Considering the songwriters attributed to it's membership, quite lacking!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Bad Music.
This.

Never did care for these guys. They made AOR seem heavy.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 am

I have two CDs from these guys. They barely even qualitfy as hard rock. Sort of keyboardy, 80's pop rock. I just received both of them in the past few weeks, so I haven't really given them enough of a listen yet to really form a decision.

brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:37 am

This should be moved to "Let The Music Do The Talking". But for some reason I can't do it.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:00 am

i loved john waite w/ The babys..this was great summertime music..cruising on the garden state parkway headed for the jersey shore!!! sing along type songs when my friends tired of my metal! hey,Ult,remember those jersey days??? Bad English Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 pm

I would call Bad English 'hard rock'. Not metal though.

But they have enough of an edge to be considered hard rock. Lots of solos too. Some GREAT solos in fact.

I like this band. Always have.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:11 am

I always loved Bad English!
S/T 9/10
Backlash 10/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
I always loved Bad English!
S/T 9/10
Backlash 10/10

Cool.

Bad English 604261
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I love The Babys but this amalgamation of talent made me nauseous.

I hate this band; always have.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm

I might actually prefer Dave Matthews Band to this saccharine crap. Now that's a scary thought...

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love The Babys but this amalgamation of talent made me nauseous.

I hate this band; always have.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I can see how some people wouldn't like Bad English, as they are very commercial.

I always thought they were cool though. I guess they just click with me somehow.

Now, you mention The Babys. How is their sound? I'd like to check them out sometime.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm

The Babys were a different sound. John Waite with gospel style female backing vocals.

It's funny; until you started this thread I didn't realize how much I truly abhored Bad English. Part of the reason is that their singles were played incessantly back in the day. Even more than Waite's solo hit "Missing You". You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing this band.

I'll see if I can find any Babys links.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Here ya go.

Check out Every Time I Think Of You or Isn't It Time.

These aren't their most "rockin'" tracks but were the biggest hits.

http://www.myspace.com/thebabys1234

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Now that I listen to those Babys tracks, I think I only like them for nostalgic reasons; they're pretty bad too. But their Union Jacks album rocks; that got played to death during my college days.

Bad English Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad English   Bad English Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad English
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next