Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanctity-road to bloodshed

Go down 
+3
INVADERS
SideShowDisaSter
TheGooch
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Sanctity-road to bloodshed Empty
PostSubject: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Don't know if they have been discussed (I looked through past listings and did not see anything)--but I recently picked this cd up.
Very good band and a very good cd.
Kind of in the ballpark of Shadows Fall--threads of Life or Trivium--the crusade, but then again not exactly either.
No 'modern' influences really--just good metal!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm

apparently they sond like trivium but i do not ear it. i saw them live and i can say it was the worst sound of any band i ever saw ever. the guy was playing a solo but i will be damned if i could hear it
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:41 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:

No modern influences? They sound like most modern bands out there! Typical boring mallcore trying to pass itself off as "thrash".sick

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:46 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

No modern influences? They sound like most modern bands out there! Typical boring mallcore trying to pass itself off as "thrash".sick
You're not listening for something that's there, then. You're looking for something that's not there. There is definitely some modern influence, but calling them mallcore is just ignorant.

And the search feature works. Searching for "Sanctity":

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Main-Forum-Area-c1/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Sanctity-t755.htm?highlight=sanctity
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

You're not listening for something that's there, then. You're looking for something that's not there. There is definitely some modern influence, but calling them mallcore is just ignorant.

Occasional melodic passages? check
"harsh" vocals with occasional clean? check
chugga-chugga hardcore styled breakdowns? check

Sorry bro, but that makes them mallcore, IMO. They have more in common with bands like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall than they do any oldschool act.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:31 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

Sorry bro, but that makes them mallcore, IMO. They have more in common with bands like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall than they do any oldschool act.
It's not 1986 anymore. At some point people are going to have to stop referring to new metal bands as mallcore and such. Sanctity has far more in common with old school metal than most newer bands out there, as does Shadows Fall. Neither are metalcore. Killswitch is a metalcore band. The whole mallcore term annoys the piss out of me. It's just a stupid insult. It has no musical relevance.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 1:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

It's not 1986 anymore. At some point people are going to have to stop referring to new metal bands as mallcore and such. Sanctity has far more in common with old school metal than most newer bands out there, as does Shadows Fall. Neither are metalcore. Killswitch is a metalcore band. The whole mallcore term annoys the piss out of me. It's just a stupid insult. It has no musical relevance.

Personal preference bro. There are plenty of bands playing like it's still '86. Avenger Of Blood, Hyades, Merciless Death just to name a few.

Anything that incoporates the chugging breakdowns of hardcore will fall into the metalcore catagory with me.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 4:07 am

i like them.
saw them with annihilator bout 2 months back
really good live show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 8:10 am

It really does not matter b/c I listen to what I like not to a certain label of music. But I would not call them mallcore or metalcore etc.A good band is a good band no maater how they get labeled.
Either way, if you like them-listen to them. If you don't , then don't.
People on this board seem to focus a lot on what they do not like or what does not fit into their mindset. Must be a lot of christians here...
Why not just share good metal to each other?
What I meant by 'modern influences' was more of the hardcore vox over metal music, or the screechy vox that people call thrash (blood tsunami, dew scented, carnal forge, the haunted, etc etc--which seem further from thrash when compared to Havochate's 'this violent earth' and King's-Evil), or the 'necessity' of having a harsh male vocalist with a female vocalist, etc etc.
This band reminds me more of true metal like Forte than Killswitch Engage.
In listening to this music and not trying to label it, I hear a little annihilator in there, a little priest, and of course some of today's bands (shadows fall, trivium) b/c, after all, it is today, you know.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 am

allthingsmetal wrote:
People on this board seem to focus a lot on what they do not like or what does not fit into their mindset. Must be a lot of christians here...

First of all, that last comment was uncalled for.

Second, you obviously haven't been to this board very much at all. We suggest TONS of bands to each other.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:17 am

Quote :

Huh? What does "christians" have to do with styles of music people like and don't like?

Besides, I think you'll find this board is pretty diverse as far as beliefs go. We have atheists, Christians, agnostics, those who don't give a rip about religion at all, etc. For the most part, we all get along great and we have suggested TONS of bands to each other. I've discovered many bands because of members of this board.

Carry on..

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:41 am

I agree with Ult and Sideshow 100%.Most people on here are usually open minded and have suggested alot of bands to each other.I have learned about alot of stuff from these guys.And without all the bickering you get on other boards.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

And the search feature works. Searching for "Sanctity":

[url=https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Main-Forum-Area-c1/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Sanctity-t755.htm?highlight=sanctity
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Main-Forum-Area-c1/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Sanctity-t755.htm?highlight=sanctity[/quote[/url]]

I started this topic a while back. While I can't say I was blown away by them, I did like what I heard on satellite radio. I'd have to hear a little more by them to make a fair judgement.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:55 am

once again we always have to argue about metalcore or mallcore or whatever you call it.

now hatebreed is a metalcore band

sanctity are not, nor are trivium

and what is all this bollocks about melodic passages in metalcore

only the bands who want to be popular with emos do that - for instance take killswitchs engages new album its a load of crappy emocore

i dont hear that with sanctity or trivium
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 11:34 am

Quote :
It really does not matter b/c I listen to what I like not to a certain label of music. But I would not call them mallcore or metalcore etc.A good band is a good band no maater how they get labeled.
Either way, if you like them-listen to them. If you don't , then don't.

This we can agree on! Why even get your panties in a bunch if someone disgrees? After all, this is a DISCUSSION BOARD!

Quote :

WTF???!!! That is the most ignorant statement anyone have put in a post on this post so far. And I promise you you won't get far on this board with that mindset!

Quote :
Why not just share good metal to each other?

And that is exactly what this board is here for, and what we have been doing for as long as it has been here. No one has complained until you came here......

Quote :

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh, no offense. True metal are bands like Manowar, Sacred Steel, old Grave digger etc. You might even call classic metal the same to an extent. But in now way, form or shape are bands like Killswitch Engage true metal!

Quote :
In listening to this music and not trying to label it, I hear a little annihilator in there, a little priest, and of course some of today's bands (shadows fall, trivium) b/c, after all, it is today, you know.

And more power to you for that! We all have preferences, but please understand that not everyone will agree with you on everything.

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:23 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
That's a stupid comment. First off, by injecting the word "Christian" into your statement tells us all that you know for a fact that a lot of Christians post here. Don't go pushing buttons, bro.

Secondly, if you think people at this forum focus more on what they don't like then you've not visited many forums on the net. One of the best things about this forum is the fact that people like to discuss the stuff they like! Unlike 99% of the other forums out there. It's inevitable that people are going to make negative comments when discussing music, but it's all in how it's said. I disagree with most everything SideShow has said in this thread, but he's not said anything in a way that's just talking trash. It's his opinion, he's welcome to it. I don't agree with it, but he's not flipping out, trying to convince us that the sky is green, you know?

This is an open-minded forum, even if some may not be so open-minded as you may want them to be.

Quote :
They sound nothing like Forte! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 3:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
Quote :
I'm sorry, but that made me laugh, no offense. True metal are bands like Manowar, Sacred Steel, old Grave digger etc. You might even call classic metal the same to an extent. But in now way, form or shape are bands like Killswitch Engage true metal!
Pssst! That's not what he said. Hehe. Although Forte aren't a true metal band, either. A killer band, but not true metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctity-road to bloodshed   Sanctity-road to bloodshed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctity-road to bloodshed
Page 1 of 1