Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Copy Protection

Go down 
+2
Metallic Blaze
snooloui
6 posters
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Got my copy of Scorpions 2004 album Unbreakable today. Unfortunately, I can't rip it to my computer and listen to on my iPod because of BMG's Copy Control DRM software.

I think I might sue them because they say, "BMG attaches great importance to assuring that the copy protection used does not lead to restrictions for consumers with respect to listening pleasure." Well that's total crap, but it has totally restricted my 'listening pleasure'. I can't even play the CD in my computer or games console.

I now need to either buy the mp3 versions, do exactly what they were trying to prevent or have some kind person send me some samples (nudge nudge).

I think that this is totally unfair, has anyone else had similar problems?

Oh yes, before I forget: Copy Protection 308838
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm

I hated when companies did this a few years back. Thankfully, there was a law passed shortly after that prevented this from continuing. However, we still are stuck with the few albums that had this happen to them.

I think there is a way around this. You can still DL it to your computer if you know how. I don't, but maybe someone else here does?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Was your copy pressed in '04? I bought mine the day it came out and I just now ripped to my iPod (with the exception of "Love 'Em or Leave 'Em" because my CD has a weird mark on it I can't clean off) with no problem.

Anyway, there's ton of free rip programs that should easily fix this problem for you. Just Google it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm

just download another copy from the internet. it's not like you are stealing, because you already purchased the cd.

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

This happened with Blind Guardian's "Nightfall In Middle Earth". I got my computer-savvy brother to bypass the stupid thing and eventually got it on there. Good times...

In your case, I say you just torrent it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Never had this problem with any CD........I use CDex which is a small workhorse type of program..1.70 beta 2, because a couple of the later ones I tried were crap, but dunno if it's gotten better since then. I only ever run into things like this with playing DVD's, but then I just use another DVD playing program and they play fine..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 pm

mc666 wrote:
just download another copy from the internet. it's not like you are stealing, because you already purchased the cd.

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Copy Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Copy Protection   Copy Protection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Copy Protection
Page 1 of 1